Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I seriously believe that some fans do not truly know the club that they support

this is a bit off topic, sorry about that, just a quick and for me interesting question:

how do you guys rate foreign villa fans living outside england? being a villafan in norway really takes an effert, and the loyalty and the knowledge level is indeed quite high

up the villa, lets hope MON gets SWP in january

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is with the winter window, if we are chashing a player from a team that is struggling, luke young for instance, charlton arent going to let there best player leave whilst fighting a relagation battle, at the other end of the table, if we are after a guy from ateam challenging for europe saykevin nolan or robbie keane, these teams again wont let there playerts go whilst in touching distance of europoe, so the position of our targets clubs come january also become relavent, the big boys wont come untill the summer.

We don't need a new goalie atm and I wish everyone would get off Sorensons back.

It is not a case of denigrating Sorenson, I think he is a great goalkeeper.

But I want Aston Villa to be the best team in England and one of the best in Europe - and we have the ability to achieve that now (we may be a long way off, but we can).

So in that case, I want us to sign the best players and in my opinion, Shay Given is one of the best - if not the best - goalkeeper in the Premiership.

He is at a club that is clearly going nowhere and he wants to win things. So why not try and sign him?

So in that case, I want us to sign the best players and in my opinion, Shay Given is one of the best - if not the best - goalkeeper in the Premiership.

Given isn't tall enough. He's another one of the 'Good Shotstopper' club.

Finding a goalie who is a good shotstopper and can command his area is the key, and they are a rarity. I would rather keep Sorenson than get Given.

im sure it wont, we now have two 'target' strikers in juan pablo and sutton with baros feeding off the knockdowns expect another striker similar to Baros to come in...also with regards Sutton, Im sure MON wouldnt have sat down with him and said "Right Chris, I want you to play every game from the start, and you will be my first choice on the teamsheet and when I sign 4 or 5 new players to push us into the Champions League in January you will play in front of them!!!" He wouldnt have said that, Im sure he knows he is a short term solution hence the contract till the end of the season.

I think alot of people will be disappointed in January.

I doubt we'll see any more than 2 signings. To be honest i'll be surprised if we see them.

O'Neill is all about getting the best from people and creating a team spirit. Making lots of signings may compromise that. Certainly mid first season anyway. A summer clear out may be more likely once he's given certain players a fair chance.

I dont think we'll see much more than the odd quality acquisition.

I think alot of people will be disappointed in January.

I doubt we'll see any more than 2 signings. To be honest i'll be surprised if we see them.

O'Neill is all about getting the best from people and creating a team spirit. Making lots of signings may compromise that. Certainly mid first season anyway. A summer clear out may be more likely once he's given certain players a fair chance.

I dont think we'll see much more than the odd quality acquisition.

I agree - not MON's style to spend a load of money just for the sake of it. He's all about team spirit and the sum of the whole being better than individual stars. He's the boss and based on his track record and what he's done here so far I'm happy to trust him. If he buys nobody in Jan I'll be happy if he thinks it's best for the club and keeps getting results. I don't want him to buy players just for the sake of buying players - proves nothing

----------------------------------Sorensen---------------------------------

Mellberg--------------Laursen--------Ridgewell---------------W.Bridge--

----------------Petrov-----------Appiah-----------Barry-----------------------

-------Agbonlahor-----------------------------------------Milner--------------

----------------------------------D.Bent-----------------------------------------

I think Ridgewell needs to stay in the side. According to the Actim stats he's the 2nd best defender in the league so far behind Gareth Barry. Plus, he has shown how dangerous he can be up forward on set pieces.

As much as I would love Martin to get in the team I agree. On current form Ridge must start and he is a left foot player - which makes it a lot easier for him to play CDL than ML or OM.