Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miroslav Klose wouldn't be a good piece of business, it would actually be, the BEST transfer in this club's history.

He is such a great player, would easily put 15 - 25 goals every season and make room for players like Baros with his

awesome heading-ability

I heard the rumour about Klose again yesterday. I just cant see it.

Id be thrilled and over the moon if we signed him, he is pure quality an angel type striker but Klose can actually finish! :D

Where did you hear the rumour???

I've heard it from 2 different sources that he is a target in the window. Lets not get carried away just yet.

Miroslav Klose wouldn't be a good piece of business, it would actually be, the BEST transfer in this club's history.

He is such a great player, would easily put 15 - 25 goals every season and make room for players like Baros with his

awesome heading-ability

Ok, I agree that we have different opinions on Klose but to say he would be the best transfer in our history us a bit OTT, isn't it? I mean, just thinking of players from the last 15-20 years back, and then not even mentioning the players from the league- and EC-winning hero-side of '81-'82, I could pick up a few players that would be very hard to beat when it comes to best transfers. Just to mention a few I'd say Platt, Yorke, Saunders and the man himself, God McGrath.

And how good has Klose done in the CL so far? Or his he just good in the pretty poor german league and in the german national team?

With Luke Moore now out injured and MON looking likely to go with a 4-4-2 formation, will this change his transfer plans for Jan??? obviously Milan Baros didnt fit into the 4-3-3 system and may have left in the transfer window but now thats changed, Baros will now stay given that Moore may be out for the season. I think Gabby will stay wide right so having Milner in Jan would give Gabby some competition and MON some options if he dcides to resort to 4-3-3. Will another striker or two to supplement Baros and Angel be MONs first port of call come the new year???

I may be in dreamland and I know its been discussed before but would a squad forward line of Baros, Angel, Klose and Saviola be pleasing for all fans if not who would you change and why?

McGrath is known as one hell uf a player amongst Villa-fans, especially on here.

Other than that, I don't think many people in general would even pick McGrath for the top-30 list the last 20 years in the top flight.

Sorry to say it, but winning the Coke-cup twice isn't high regarded.

McGrath is known as one hell uf a player amongst Villa-fans, especially on here.

Other than that, I don't think many people in general would even pick McGrath for the top-30 list the last 20 years in the top flight.

Hard hat for Rocafella......

Yeah, they should pick someone who has won lots of proper trophies like Phil Neville or Pascal Cygan.

It's hardly our fault that thick people don't know about football.

Rocafella, remind me of which defenders have won the Premiership players player of the year award ? There are only 2. And the players player of the year is recognition by your fellow professionals that you were the best player in the league that year. So anyone who wouldn't put him in their top 30 is quite frankly ignorant. If you bear in mind that he is one of only 2 defenders in the last 24 years to have won the award - and you were making say a 'team of the last quarter century', you would kind of HAVE to pick him in your team.

Rocafella, remind me of which defenders have won the Premiership players player of the year award ? There are only 2. And the players player of the year is recognition by your fellow professionals that you were the best player in the league that year. So anyone who wouldn't put him in their top 30 is quite frankly ignorant. If you bear in mind that he is one of only 2 defenders in the last 24 years to have won the award - and you were making say a 'team of the last quarter century', you would kind of HAVE to pick him in your team.

Thank you BOF, covered it for me.

PFA Players' Player of the Year in 1993.

All the other pro's that year though he was pants obviously.

He was quite simply the best of his generation, worldwide!

Doubt you have ever seen him play, even on video!

is it that bad its come to this

Sutton set to solve Villa injury crisisOct 2 2006

By Bill Howell, Birmingham Mail

VILLA boss Martin O'Neill is closing in on former Celtic and Blues striker Chris Sutton after admitting that Luke Moore could miss the rest of the season with a shoulder injury.

Moore's latest dislocation - at Chelsea on Saturday - will almost certainly require surgery so 33-year-old Sutton, who is without a club following his brief stint at St Andrew's last season, is being lined up to come in as early as this week on a short-term contract.

Sutton has been working hard on his fitness all summer after a disappointing spell at Blues and O'Neill believes he could be a valuable asset, especially with Moore's season seemingly in ruins.

The 20-year-old striker has been struggling with his shoulder for three years since he was on loan at Wycombe Wanderers.

He revealed recently that he feared it may require an operation following two dislocations in the game against Reading in August.

O'Neill said today: "I believe it could be a season-threatening injury. It looks, and I don't want to pre-empt things, like he will need an operation.

"It was the first time he's not been able to put it straight back in again, sometimes he has had a moment or two when we could do that. But on Saturday that wasn't possible.

"And if he needs the operation, it would be a severe blow to us because it will take months and months.

"He didn't want to have the operation. I didn't even know he had the problem until pre-season when he hurt himself in a game.

"He was just holding his shoulder and the next thing you know it came out twice against Reading. It is a problem.

"It is a real blow to us and it is a real blow to him but he needs it tightening up and he needs to get it strengthened. Every single time it comes out it is just going to cause more problems."

O'Neill has Milan Baros to turn to but even with Sutton in place he will have precious little in reserve.

"That is the concern," he added. "It would be a real shame with us getting some real momentum now. We can't fall back on things."

I guess if he gets a contract up to january and then we replace him in jan with a top quality player then i have no problem with it. gives us another option i suppose

Sorry to say it, but winning the Coke-cup twice isn't high regarded

How long have you been watching the Villa??

Most people would have him in their top 30 premiership players of all time and quite a few would have him in their all time top list from anywhere. He was quite simply brilliant!!

If Luke is out for a long time we will need some cover up front until January. This consigns us to signing unattached players and Sutton is probably one of the best unattached players out there and MON knows him well.

Manchester United released a book detailing their top 100 ever players. McGrath was in the top 10.

Also if you have never seen the ROI vs Italy match in USA 1994, I suggest you get a copy and watch it. Franco Baresi said it was the greatest defensive performance he had ever witnessed anywhere.

Him and John Terry and the only 2 defenders to have won PFA player of the year for the premiership.