Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

i hear on the grapevine that jeremie aliadiere of arsenal is being released by Arsenal this week, and MON is gonna take a look at him in training

If true this could be a good move!

Is it ? I don't know too much about Aliadiere but will we compete with Arsenal by taking their cast offs ? I prefer as a general rule, to buy players who can at least hold down a first team place at the club they're already at.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, how about adding another Petrov to our team. Martin Petrov at Atletico Madrid might be a good shout.

I watch alot of Atletico and like M. Petrov alot as a player and he'd fit in well to the system that's been used by O'Neill so far this season. He's playing every game there so far and with Atletico off to a good start and showing alot of ambition I can't imagine him leaving there midseason. Seems like they've gambled on making the Champions League this year and wouldn't let someone like him go. Now, next summer if they flame out and are looking to get back some of the millions they spent this summer I could see him being an affordable addition. One thing is for sure, we'd be HUGE in Bulgaria.

While we're raiding Atletico let's go ahead and get Kun Aguerro, Maxi and Torres.

i hear on the grapevine that jeremie aliadiere of arsenal is being released by Arsenal this week, and MON is gonna take a look at him in training

Not sure this is possible. I think if he was released BEFORE the window closed then maybe we could have taken him on. AFTER the window closed I dont think we can

Wingers and maybe a midfielder and a better target player than Sutton and a right back. Maybe it would be easier for me to say which position we don't need to strengthen. ;) Anyway, wingers and RB.

Atletico Madrid have both Maxi Rodriguez and Martin Petrov? Damn, that's tight.

Martin Petrov is a great, great player on his day, but he wouldn't leave the Spanish league

for the Premiership just like that. He has grown acustomed to it and he certainly wouldn't

handle the rough and tough wingers like C. Ronaldo and Aaron Lennon get over here.

I imagine him being everything from 27 - 29 years old, and right now A. Madrid are

lightyears better than us so why would he leave...

Lerner has said there is money available without spelling out how much, which is genious

given the automatic sour in prices funds tend to give.

GK: Ok for now

RB: Must buy (but I don't know who)

LB: Wayne Bridge (if we don't go for him we are stupid, he is English and world-class)

CB: I don't know, maybe if we could get our hands on a player clearly better than what we've got

LM: Maybe not, we can't put Barry elsewhere other than LB, so it had to be either LB or LW.

RM: James Milner clearly on his way I think. Maybe we could to better?

CM: Davis not doing too well, Petrov is a starter. McCann not good enough for the next level I think. Shout: Nolan

ST: Miro Klose (nah, I've given up on him) but I think (and know) Angel's never gonna be a world-beater.

We need numbers as well, and probably we need to get rid of the freeloaders such as Djemba-Djemba, Hendrie,

Samuel and Berger. I know it's harsh, but look into your own closet.

Do you have clothes in there which you NEVER use? I do, I have tons of shit in there I never use.

Why don't we just get rid of it and buy a totally new D&G wardrobe ;)

Atletico Madrid have both Maxi Rodriguez and Martin Petrov? Damn, that's tight.

Martin Petrov is a great, great player on his day, but he wouldn't leave the Spanish league

for the Premiership just like that. He has grown acustomed to it and he certainly wouldn't

handle the rough and tough wingers like C. Ronaldo and Aaron Lennon get over here.

I imagine him being everything from 27 - 29 years old, and right now A. Madrid are

lightyears better than us so why would he leave...

Over the summer M. Petrov was rumored to Celtic although I don't know how much legs that really had. The same story said part of the reason was so that he could play with Stilian. I could see him leaving because the Aguerro kid is going to be a great player and it would probably be Petrov's minutes he'll start taking as the season progresses. Obviously I have no inside information and am probably just daydreaming out loud but there is some hearsay to go on.

if we are going to talk about realistic signings then it wouldn't suprise me if MON went for Henri Camara, played under him at celtic, don't know how successful he was, but hes good enough to take us forward, always a goal threat and capable of scoring in a poor team like at wolves.

And if Maloney is anything like mcgeady i would welcome him with open arms

Why don't we just get rid of it and buy a totally new D&G wardrobe ;)

Because I would look like a Chav!

How many Chavs do you know wearing $2000 suits? :?

How many non Chavs do you know that wear T-Shits, coats etc... emblazened with big D & G logo's?