Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't understand why on god's earth we would like to sign a player like Zoltan Gera?

He isn't very good is he? He is strictly average. He would suit ut well as a mediocre club, like we are now.

We are a club with a big future ahead of us, and Zoltan Gera clearly isn't part of it!

But thats the level we are still at.

We are not in europe and almost got relegated last season, so why would anyone even near the overrated SWP come to Villa.

Yes we have a very good start to the season but that needs to be built on.

Just because we are aiming high doesn't suddenly mean we can buy big!

Targets:

Luke Young

Glen Johnson

Bardsley

Wes Brown

??

Wayne Bridge

Marcelo or sumut (the 18 year old brazilian left back)

Milner

SWP

Simao Sambrossa

Appiah

Parker

Borowski

Kieran Richardson

??

Love

Miroslav Klose

Darren Bent

Jermaine Defoe

Saviola

......................Sorenson

Johnson Mellberg Laursen Bridge

...........Petrov Appiah Barry

SWP...............................Richardson

......................Klose

Taylor, Ridge, McCann, Agbonlahor, Angel

From what i saw last night id like Quaresma, Id love Klose and i reakon he wouldnt say no to a chance in the prem, Young i think is a good RB that is to good for a club like Charlton, Wayne Bridge the only decent left back there is that we could possibly get, Appiah absolute class in World Cup and I like that Schweinsteiger from Bayern, The team i would love to see is:

------------------------------------------Sorensen------------------------------------------------

-----Young------------Mellberg------------------------Laursen-------------------Bridge-----

--------------------------------------------Appiah-------------------------------------------------

-----Quaresma-----------------------------------------------------------Schweinsteiger------

--------------------------------------------Petrov-------------------------------------------------

------------------------Klose-----------------------------Baros-----------------------------------

Subs: Taylor, Angel, Agbonlahor, Ridgewell, Barry

It is fun though ain't it :)

Wayne Bridge

SWP

Milner

Parker

A new RB?

This would give us:

---------------Sorenson--------------

New---Mellberg---Luarsen---Bridge

-------Petrov--Parker--Barry------

SWP---------------------------------Milner

------------------Angel-----------------

I agree with this. I think we need a new RB as hughes is a weak link.

Bridge would be a perfect signing - he a good defender and could be on his way out now cole is at chelsea (could get him on the cheap)

SWP - this kid isnt goona get a chance at chelsea. Another one on the cheap. He's skillful and has quick

Parker- He would command that central position therefore allowing for Barry and Petrov to bomb forward. Cant see Newcastle selling though

Milner - think MON will want him still. He played well for us when we were crap... this kid would be great in the current villa squad

Ins(targets)

Saviola

Bridge

Milner

Bouba Diop

Gera

Grygera

Geremi

SWP

Appiah

Muntari

Target man-dunno who

if we sign all these players at once say goodbye to our premiership status. it would take ages for the team to gel and the dressing room would be a right mess. look at west sham since those argentitan flops ahve signed?

i would love, parker, bridge, g johnson, milner and ashton....

Doubt the barcodes would let Parker go, and im sure Glen Johnson is on a season long loan at Portsmouth so would Chelsea really be able to sell?

Id be happy getting in:

Milner

Bridge

SWP

+ a striker

Those additions would give us some pace and even more stability at the back plus some more goal pwoer

Clearly not saying we should or would get him.. but Peter Crouch looked great today against Galatasaray... and that scissor kick goal :shock:

Now I know that's a touchy subject here.. ("I never rated him" "he's in the past" "he's terrible and still is") but I wish when we had him.. we would've played more to his strengths. JPA is clearly showing this year.. that when you do.. a player can shine in a particular system. Either way.. I'm happy for the bean pole seemed like a great guy who never bitched. I for one never got on him really bad.. but I'm glad he's silencing one or two people.. who would NEVER admit it.

I agree that we'll buy 2-4 players in january. Milner almost for sure. SWP would be god. I'd love to see Appiah give McCann a challenge for his spot and an RB to secure that position. Hughes is good but nothing special. We should aim for someone better. Can't give any suggestion right now as my favourite has just gone injured and will remain so for a while. :( If he ever was a realistic target. However this is what I'd like.

And Jez, I can agree with to some extent. To become bigger and better we have to aim higher and aim för better targets. Otherwise we won't get anywhere. I think our possibilitys to sign bigger names have improved a lot.

Clearly not saying we should or would get him.. but Peter Crouch looked great today against Galatasaray... and that scissor kick goal :shock:

Now I know that's a touchy subject here.. ("I never rated him" "he's in the past" "he's terrible and still is") but I wish when we had him.. we would've played more to his strengths. JPA is clearly showing this year.. that when you do.. a player can shine in a particular system. Either way.. I'm happy for the bean pole seemed like a great guy who never bitched. I for one never got on him really bad.. but I'm glad he's silencing one or two people.. who would NEVER admit it.

I liked Crouchie and tbh I never understood why DOLdemort sold him for 2M.

With what he has achieved with liverplop and for England I wonder what his market value is now ?

Luckily, MON has been able to revitalise JPA and give Luke and Gabby masterclasses in CF play. But what about the future? I doubt that Crouch would want to come back and whether MON would be interested in him may be a moot point.

Here is where I make my perennial plug for David Nugent ;)