• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RB- Micah Richards

RW - Shaun Wright Phillips/Milner/Beckham

LW - Pedersen/Govou

DM - Appiah/Gattuso/Hargreaves

CF - Darren Bent/Klose/Crouch/Toni

Might not get some of them I know, but why not try?

Ins(targets)

Saviola

Bridge

Milner

Bouba Diop

Gera

Grygera

Geremi

SWP

Appiah

Muntari

Target man-dunno who

if we sign all these players at once say goodbye to our premiership status. it would take ages for the team to gel and the dressing room would be a right mess. look at west sham since those argentitan flops ahve signed?

See the bold text.

Schweinsteiger plays at full back doesn't he....?

I don't care where he plays as long as its not at Villa. He is another one trick pony. Sure he has a great shot but I rarely see him contribute anything significant when I have seen him play. We need players who can shoot, pass etc...

I also agree with Rocafella. I too will burn his house down if either of those players are at Villa.

If we have got the spending power we seem to think we would be mad to go for the likes of Gera, Brown (if he did not play for the red mancs he'd be average...and we have had enough injury prone players here) and an untried appiah (he had an excelent world cup but if he was that good teams bigger than the likes of Portsmouth would have been in)

IMO we should move for tried and trusted prem quality to keep the bandwaggon going. SWP should be 1st on board even at te expense of Milner as he has the one commodity the prem cries out for ....bucket loads of speed!

Parker should then be brought from the barcodes which would be pretty difficult as he is worshipped up there, but this only shows how good he is!

Geremi would be pretty damn perfect for the right back slot and could be tempted to leave the money pit if someone came in for him with potential to challenge, and offer him a starting slot. He would also offer versitility for the team.

Klose one of the best target men in europe and although untried in the prem has all the right physical attributes to be a success. German players normally adapt to our game quite easily helped by a good work ethic.

If we have got the spending power we seem to think we would be mad to go for the likes of Gera, Brown (if he did not play for the red mancs he'd be average...and we have had enough injury prone players here) and an untried appiah (he had an excelent world cup but if he was that good teams bigger than the likes of Portsmouth would have been in)

IMO we should move for tried and trusted prem quality to keep the bandwaggon going. SWP should be 1st on board even at te expense of Milner as he has the one commodity the prem cries out for ....bucket loads of speed!

Parker should then be brought from the barcodes which would be pretty difficult as he is worshipped up there, but this only shows how good he is!

Geremi would be pretty damn perfect for the right back slot and could be tempted to leave the money pit if someone came in for him with potential to challenge, and offer him a starting slot. He would also offer versitility for the team.

Klose one of the best target men in europe and although untried in the prem has all the right physical attributes to be a success. German players normally adapt to our game quite easily helped by a good work ethic.

great post. I think everyone is starting to agree on Geremi. Imagine his overlapping with SWP or Milner.....

:shock:

Wouldn't call Appiah unproven. He played for Juventus once and even if he wasn't a regular he played often and well enough to prove himself, IMO. He would be a great target. Haven't seen enough of Gera and Brown I agree is too injury prone and we've already got enough of that kind of player.

RB- Micah Richards

RW - Shaun Wright Phillips/Milner/Beckham

LW - Pedersen/Govou

DM - Appiah/Gattuso/Hargreaves

CF - Darren Bent/Klose/Crouch/Toni

Might not get some of them I know, but why not try?

ain't Micah Richards a Brummie?

Milner over Wright-Phillips and Beckham for me.

Govou's a RW too but Would love Gamst Pederson,

DM = Dreamland apart from Appiah.

CF= i think Darren Bent is a real possibility, especailly given Charlton's terrible start. Crouch, Klose and Toni all out of reach. (this season :winkold: )

Clearly not saying we should or would get him.. but Peter Crouch looked great today against Galatasaray... and that scissor kick goal :shock:

Now I know that's a touchy subject here.. ("I never rated him" "he's in the past" "he's terrible and still is") but I wish when we had him.. we would've played more to his strengths. JPA is clearly showing this year.. that when you do.. a player can shine in a particular system. Either way.. I'm happy for the bean pole seemed like a great guy who never bitched. I for one never got on him really bad.. but I'm glad he's silencing one or two people.. who would NEVER admit it.

I liked Crouchie and tbh I never understood why DOLdemort sold him for 2M.

With what he has achieved with liverplop and for England I wonder what his market value is now ?

Luckily, MON has been able to revitalise JPA and give Luke and Gabby masterclasses in CF play. But what about the future? I doubt that Crouch would want to come back and whether MON would be interested in him may be a moot point.

Here is where I make my perennial plug for David Nugent ;)

It WOULD be interesting to see how much Crouchie would go for these days. IMO Benitez would make a lot bigger profrit then DOL did.

Clearly not saying we should or would get him.. but Peter Crouch looked great today against Galatasaray... and that scissor kick goal :shock:

Now I know that's a touchy subject here.. ("I never rated him" "he's in the past" "he's terrible and still is") but I wish when we had him.. we would've played more to his strengths. JPA is clearly showing this year.. that when you do.. a player can shine in a particular system. Either way.. I'm happy for the bean pole seemed like a great guy who never bitched. I for one never got on him really bad.. but I'm glad he's silencing one or two people.. who would NEVER admit it.

I liked Crouchie and tbh I never understood why DOLdemort sold him for 2M.

With what he has achieved with liverplop and for England I wonder what his market value is now ?

Luckily, MON has been able to revitalise JPA and give Luke and Gabby masterclasses in CF play. But what about the future? I doubt that Crouch would want to come back and whether MON would be interested in him may be a moot point.

Here is where I make my perennial plug for David Nugent ;)

It WOULD be interesting to see how much Crouchie would go for these days. IMO Benitez would make a lot bigger profrit then DOL did.

didn't we make a loss...!?!?!?!?!??!?!

we bought him for £5m didn't we? as much as rivaldo was sold for in the same window

:oops:

I'm very surprised that there is virtually no-one suggesting a new GK.

Is everyone happy with Sorenson?

It wouldn't be a priority for me, but given the amounts of money allegedly available, it is one I would look to strengthen.

I'm very surprised that there is virtually no-one suggesting a new GK.

Is everyone happy with Sorenson?

It wouldn't be a priority for me, but given the amounts of money allegedly available, it is one I would look to strengthen.

good point bully. only the other day i was talking to a mate and fellow villa fan and he was debating sorensson being good, but not enough to take us to the next level.

problem is - who?

shame we didn't get robinson - prone to the odd gaff but solid overall