Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

From the shittest site in the world - footballrumours.com;

Portuguese winger Simao Sabrosa will finally leave Benfica in January. Liverpool and Valencia have both made it as far as talking personal terms over the past year, but for one reason or another those moves have fallen through. However, Valencia are apparently looking to revive their interest in the player and could make a £7m bid in January. Real Betis, Deportivo and Aston Villa are also interested, though, and will provide a worthy challenge to the Mestalla outfit.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think O'Neill will be able to bring in whoever he likes within reason.

Which while not being on Chelsea levels, will probably see about £15-£20 million spent.

I expect to see Milner. I also think we will see a central midfielder and a striker. Borowski is just the sort of midfielder we need, and a powerful striker in the mould of Asamoah Gyan.

That would be fine for me.

Milner is defo coming, other then that i think MOn will just bring in 2 more players thats it budget maybe about 10 mil.

Really? Is there some sort of agreement? As he is playing for Newcastle and getting motm :?

I wouldn't say Apphia is like Mcann. Apphia would contribute allot more offensivly and score a few goals as well.

I would not mind him comming here.

As for the January window I just hope there will not be any panic buying of half decent players. I would rather have them wait untill the summer and get some real class. Hope they only buy in January if there are really good players availeble.

Do we really want to become the new Chelsea?

When Chelsea lifts the title 95% of all fans turn off the telly.

When they win something people say they can't wait for them to

go bankrupt!

Goalkeeper: Probably not the position in need for new blood. Yet.

Left back: Samuel is not good enough and Bouma is always injured. Wayne Bridge is a natural target. 4-6m

Right back: Hughes and Delaney are never good enough. Natural targets are Luke Young and Glen Johnson

Central: Mellberg is a cert, Laursen is never going to play 30 matches. Ridge is a great future-player, but probably not good enough to start without competition.

Don't know who'll be the ideal replacement, although I think Wes Brown would be a perfect player for us. He is high on Fergie's list though. 7m

Left midfield: Barry

Right midfield: Milner did a great job over here, and is only 20-21. 3,5m

Central mid: Davis isn't progressing without hard competition, Petrov is a cert. McCann isn't good enough for the next level. Excellent squad-player though!

I want to us to buy a real enforcer, with more passing-abilities than Macca. Then our midfield would be complete due to Petrov's def/att-style.

Imagine us snatching Owen Hargreaves, it would be so perfect. Never going to happen though, he is a United-player come January. Maybe Kevin Nolan would do a decent job? I am not a fan at all, but being totally objective he might be good? He can score a few, as well as he is good as the enforcer. 8m

Strikers: In my opinion Juanpi will never score goals for fun anymore, and he is getting older. Excellent squad-player but nothing for the future. I'll mention it yet again, Miroslav Klose would be the ULTIMATE player in that position. Enough said. He'd cost 10m, but he would net at least 18 goals every season in the Prem.

Other than that we have more than enough talent in our attack with Moore, Gaby & Baros.

Sørensen

Young - Mellberg - Brown - Bridge

Milner - Petrov - Nolan - Barry

Baros - Klose

Subs: Taylor - Laursen - Bouma - McCann - Agbonlahor

This is of course our full top-16 without injuries. What a luxury-problem for MON if players

like Luke Moore, Martin Laursen and Steven Davis didn't even make the squad ;)

I see someone has mentioned Tim Borowski as well. He is a great player, and gettable. English and German players are very much alike.

Tough and dutyful.

Which while not being on Chelsea levels, will probably see about £15-£20 million spent.

If so I am really going to enjoy January this year.

What I would like to see is us doing the biz before Jan - so that we can have the new faces on board as soon as possible - instead of the old Ellis way the last minute.

I've heard it's likely to be around £30 mill, minus whatever the club couldn't cover for Petrov.

i'd like to see a Centre Forward to put preasure on/as back up for Angel,

also cover/replacement for McCann,

and a couple of wide attacking players to cover/replace Gabby and Luke or give us the option of 4-4-2.

then if anymore money left over i think the fullbacks and GK positions could be looked at.

I also don't think it'd be a bad thing to cash in on Baros. think he's our 2nd most saleable asset minus the kids and i think he's the player least likely to fit into our new system.

I really hope we DONT get Tim Borowski .... please god!

Firstly, i dont think he is good enough, secondly (and most importantly ;-)) I just dont like his smirky horseass face.

If we want an unsettled dressingroom, a German idiot with a god complex is just what we need, if not the we should get someone else then Tim Borowski.

I have said int many times, my wish list would be for Wayne Bridge, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Luis Boa Morte, Scott Parker and a right back.

Can't seem to think of a realistic right back option though. Maybe Lauren when fit as I think he will find himself on the bench for the foreseeable future due to the emergence of Eboue.

Don't think we could afford all these but I think we might get a couple of them at least.