Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McShane looked good against the Czechs and as far as I know, he is not on loan at Man Utd and is a WBA player but do we really need another central defender?

Robbie Keane is simply not good enough and I think if Villa were to sign anybody from the Irish squad, I'd go for Doyle (Reading) and Reid (Blackburn) even though the latter is injured. Doyle is doing well so far in the Premiership, is scoring goals and plays as the 'target man' for Ireland. Reid was in great form before the injury and would be excellent cover for McCann. Maybe we could get Duffer is the Barcodes go down!

Trinity, that is my understanding re: McShane, I think he was part of the Kuscak transfer.

If I was to go for anyone from Ireland it would be Kieran Donaghy, what a target man :wink:

The boys are over here at the weekend with Sam, so new liver required on Monday :cheers::hooray::cheers:

Liam Lawrence who was at Snderland last year impressed me loads, not sure if he's there now or moved?

Good little player tho.

If we were to take anyone from last years Sunderland team it would be Dean Whitehead. He and Arca were the only ones there who looked premiership class IMO.

McShane looked good against the Czechs and as far as I know, he is not on loan at Man Utd and is a WBA player but do we really need another central defender?

Robbie Keane is simply not good enough and I think if Villa were to sign anybody from the Irish squad, I'd go for Doyle (Reading) and Reid (Blackburn) even though the latter is injured. Doyle is doing well so far in the Premiership, is scoring goals and plays as the 'target man' for Ireland. Reid was in great form before the injury and would be excellent cover for McCann. Maybe we could get Duffer is the Barcodes go down!

You are joking! A guy on loan at WBA is great but Ireland's best player for years is not good enough? Please explain as I must be losing it.

You are joking! A guy on loan at WBA is great but Ireland's best player for years is not good enough? Please explain as I must be losing it.

Keane's good but he goes through massive form fluctuations.

I think that's the answer and he's not a natural finisher.