Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

They also said he was £7m rated. Which is ridiculous.

To be far I dont think it will take 7M to get him

maybe 3 or 4 and a player thrown in (whits maybe or someone of that standing , D2 perhaps? just throwing names in here!)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scouts Work Overtime

Martin O'Neill is stepping-up his preparations for the January transfer-window and today revealed Chief Scout Ian Storey-Moore is currently scouring Europe for likely targets.

The Villa boss is counting down the days to the mid-season window as he bids to bolster the squad after an impressive start.

And, as he draws-up a shortlist, O'Neill is being inundated with scouting reports and recommendations from his worldwide scouting network.

He revealed: "I've got Ian Storey-Moore and a couple more scouts all over England and Europe at the moment. Ian has the reports on my desk and he's really enthusiastic, as you'd expect.

"They're recommending players to me at this minute and I want to go to games they're playing in. They're ringing me to go and see these boys myself and I'm trying to get to see them to fit in with our games.

"Part of me is worried because trying to concentrate on our own games is the most important issue. For instance, we play Sunday, and there's some really big games I'd like to see on the Saturday.

"But the danger is getting stuck over there (continent) and can't get back and the next thing you know you haven't attended your own game.

"So there's a problem. But there's a couple of things that may materialisewhich you get excited about one day, and then the next you get knocked a bit."

Understandably O'Neill is playing his cards close to his chest when it comes to identifying targets.

He added: "I definitely want to improve the squad because I won't get another opportunity until the summer.

"I'd only generalise and it's pointless me saying I need a full-back, a centre-half, a midfielder, a wide left, a wide right and a centre forward. Then the boys would look round to me to say 'Isn't he happy with me?'."

Clicky

"Part of me is worried because trying to concentrate on our own games is the most important issue. For instance, we play Sunday, and there's some really big games I'd like to see on the Saturday.

"But the danger is getting stuck over there (continent) and can't get back and the next thing you know you haven't attended your own game.

Clicky

Big Games?

Sevilla v Valencia?

Bayern Munich v Stuttgart?

Empoli v AC Milan?

Feyenoord v AZ Alkmaar?

Paris St Germain v Bordeaux?

Sedan v Lyon?

Ghent v Anderlecht?

:)

Big Games?

Sevilla v Valencia?

David villa, with baros goin as part of the deal! id take that

I think everyone would. I'd also take Fabregas from Arsenal with Djemba-Djemba going the other way. I'm not sure they would though.

I need a full-back, a centre-half, a midfielder, a wide left, a wide right and a centre forward.

Exactly.

I personally think that's what we need. and more importantly MON knows that too.

This would mean a RB with Barry in at LB.

then cover for the injured Laursen,

it's obvious we need a backup to McCann

and a couple of Wingers to give us options

plus we need a consistant Goal scorer.

Big Games?

Sevilla v Valencia?

Bayern Munich v Stuttgart?

Empoli v AC Milan?

Feyenoord v AZ Alkmaar?

Paris St Germain v Bordeaux?

Sedan v Lyon?

Ghent v Anderlecht

Well we are/have been linked to Faubert from Bordeaux and Guovu from Lyon.