Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

it might be worth trying to hijack freddy adu from under manchester utd's nose, he's going there for a two week trail, they'd be no harm offering him a trail with us as i don't think utd would aim to buy him in the immediate future.

he looks like an exciting talent and see no harm in offering him a trail

Can't agree, he looked like and exciting talent but now he looks like a run of the mill young pro who Nike are flogging like a dead horse.

It would, however, be very nice if his early promise did blossom and he develops into the player everybody hoped he would.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you are saying, but are we going to follow Chelsea's lead and just splash incredible amounts of dosh or are we going to take a more organic approach and grow gradually as a club (or try and invest in young talent like Arsenal?). At the moment, we don't know how things are going to shape up...

Erm the second way I think as Randy does not have the amount of money in question to do that. Personal fortune estimated at 1.4 BN $.

That means about 800M £

Of which he has spent around 70M acquiring Villa.

Leaves 730M £ .

Of course not all of that investment or assets are cash, so I would doubt he has the asset base to go around soending 200M on players

Agreed. Randy is also not trying to clean his money (but that's another story!)

Ok we need 2 world class fullbacks plus a world class a CB, RWer, LWer, DMer, and CF to compete with Chelsea.

This January I think we should be aiming to build to compete with Spurs, therefore I would be happy with Milner + a left winger of similar quality (kieron Richardson?) and a world class signing. Which world class player would ever consider coming here? Well Beckham could be persuaded I'm sure.

Here's one from the left field, Fernando Gargo of Boca Juniors - a cultured defensive midfielder. I've seen him play on channel 5's south American football coverage a couple of times and looks good. Like Mascerano though would need time to settle.

Can't agree, he looked like and exciting talent but now he looks like a run of the mill young pro who Nike are flogging like a dead horse.

It would, however, be very nice if his early promise did blossom and he develops into the player everybody hoped he would.

I agree to some extent, but i can't help but thinking under the guidance of ferguson or o'neill, he could blossom.

I think whoever we go for there's going to be an element of risk taking, we're not in the position to draw established talents to club (ones under 30 years of age at least) and i think a few calculated risks could pay dividends

Here's one from the left field, Fernando Gargo of Boca Juniors - a cultured defensive midfielder. I've seen him play on channel 5's south American football coverage a couple of times and looks good. Like Mascerano though would need time to settle.

Gago is going to Barcelona or Real Madrid. They are currently 'haggling' over him.

disagree, I think the healthy competition is already there. I think he is ready to play games as well. He can see that if he works hard a first team opportunity will come his way. I don't think a new centre half is neccesary, and certainly not Balde. If Laursen does his knee over again then that would be different, but even still Bobo Balde would be under no circumstances the answer.

So a new defender is now needed ? :lol:

You have a memory like an Elephant!

Well, Rich, I guess (depending on the extend of Laursen's injury) that a new centre half may now be a bit further up the list.

But still no Balde :winkold:

Gago is going to Barcelona or Real Madrid. They are currently 'haggling' over him.

Rumor is is that Real Madrid will sign him in January.. but leave him at Boca Juniors until next summer.

Also, Gago plays with promising striker Rodrigo Palacio that will be a hot commodity in the near future.

I still say we should strongly consider PSV's best player Peru striker Jefferson Farfan. Not only does he light it up in the Eredivisie but also in Champions League.

You've answered your own question there though, he's playing champions league football, why would he want to move to us?

I still say we should strongly consider PSV's best player Peru striker Jefferson Farfan. Not only does he light it up in the Eredivisie but also in Champions League.

You've answered your own question there though, he's playing champions league football, why would he want to move to us?

More money, chance to play in a better league etc etc

Bouma was happy to.

Why would Bouma have chosen us ? He did, and in much darker times too.

Bouma was happy to.

Curse your quick fingers :)

i would love him, but i think hes going cardiff on loan, they wouldn't send him on loan if they were planning to let him go in january

Signing Smith would be a major mistake. The injury he got would finish alot of footballers careers. And the word is he is not the same player he was, but still early days but still a major risk.