Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heard over the weekend off a reliable source that the Villa management are seriously running the rule over Robert Earnshaw............... theyve been scouring the lower divisions and have identified Earnshaw, Murray & Curtis Davies as the cream of the championship and poss potential signing. Expect Murray & Earnshaw to join in January to bolster the quad, as both there clubs tend to be selling clubs.

Im not sure what to make of the Earnshaw link, but his goalrecord is phenomenal at all the levels hes played, and after watching Angel & Baros the last 12months, hes gotta be able to give us more than those two have.

ROBERT EARNSHAW STATS:

League Stats / Goals: 196app - 118goals

FA Cup Stats / 15app 12goals

League Cup Stats / 9app 12goals

Other Comp Stats / 5app 1goal

worth a punt IMO

i would take all 3 in a heartbeat...

earnshaw is a quality finisher...

and by the sounds of it, we should be looking at players with lots of pace... which is fantastic...

i cant wait until january...

cant remember the last time i really looked forward to a transfer window...

i must admit, im a bit 50/50 on Earnshaw, but like i said in my earlier post I think hell give us more goalthreat that Angel & Baros............. worst case scenario I think hed be a great impact player to have on the bench to throw on if we need someone to nick a goal.......... i think hed be worth a pop, personally I think hes equally as good as Darren Bent if not better........ the only reason hes not as highly rated is because hes welsh. One thing about earnshaw is hes got a great workmanlike attitude, very pacey, can finish, and when he was in the prem he scored 14 league goals for the bottom of the table Baggies in around 8 starts, but was slagged off cos he didnt win any headers............... so I think he would score in Prem for a club like Villa.

Not sure if I would want Earnshaw. Whilst I was surprised Albion got rid of him, I think he is quite a hit and miss striker. Sometimes sublime and sometimes woeful. I would say he is a more prolific Vassell but less imposing.

As long as the price is right it could be ok.

I saw Earnshaw play against Coventry a few weeks back.

Yes, all they did was hoof it up to him, but is he quality?

We need a signing to make a statement of intent. To say "we're back". A Player(s) who we would be able to use in Europe, if this is the ambition of the club this season, as the manager has said.

I would be very disappointed if Robert Earnshaw was signed.

We need a signing to make a statement of intent. To say "we're back". A Player(s) who we would be able to use in Europe, if this is the ambition of the club this season, as the manager has said.

What if we signed him to partner Adriano? Would you still be disappointed.

Seriously though, signing Earnshaw, however good he may turn out to be, would be ridiculed by the footballing public. Not that I care what people think, but I certainly see where you are coming from.

yeah, i dont think hed cost too much for Norwich, plus they tend to be a selling club anyway - i think they paid £3m for him so i reckon a nice little bit of profit and theyd sell.............. I remember i was in london the season b4 last with work and went to Arsenal v Baggies with some suppliers. I remember Earnshaw coming on that day for 20mins and Kolo Toure & Sol Campbell had no idea what to do with this little imp upfront who kept running them into the channels, 5mintues later scoring a classy poachers goal at the back stick after a good cross............... if he could do that for us i think hed be a good signing..... plus I think hes still only about 23 and to score 118 odd league goals in that short space of time is nothing short of phenomenal regardless of the level you play at, but every level hes stepped upto hes still scored goals. Also hes scored about 15 or so goals in 25 caps for wales against some good sides like Germany & France as well. **** IT, BUY HIM !!

also, hes the only player to score a hat trick at every level of english league football, in both domestic cup competitions and for his country.

some useless trivia there for ya !

**** the footballing public. We were ridiculed for signing Sutton, that turned out ok didn't it?

Earnshaw would be a great option to have, hard to know who to compare him too. He's not a hard worker like many of the nippy strikers in the premiership, but his ability to find the net is superb. Michael Owen type?

The way he was treated by West Brom was nothing short of scandalous.

personally, i really rate earnshaw..

ugly little fecker, but one hell of a player...

if he signs for villa, then i will be as delighted as i would have been when i called for us to sign him years ago...

young pacy players who work hard, are just the type of players we should be looking towards...

compliment them with some real quality and experience, and we will have an excellent side to build for the future with...

I aggree, i think we need a topclass striker. But i do also think that a topclass striker might be unatainable until the summer, cos there arent many top strikers that clubs will sell in January. I think Earnshaw might be a good bet to take us to the summer, then we can sign a topquality hitman to play for us.

Earnshaw seems to be a tough call. There is no doubt that in the Championship he can make a fantastic impact and does the job well. He tends to do quite well when playing for Wales.

Yet, while he has had some good moments in the Premier League, I don't think he has done enough to show he can do it on a consistant basis at the higher level.

I guess it might be worth a shot if the price is reasonable - but I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't happen.

I agree with most of this. It's my general feelings about our future transfers. Don't know if I'd be disappointed, depends on who else we sign. If it's him, Maloney and 2 other not that well known I guess I'd be a bit disappointed. Maybe stupid but that's how I feel and expect.

Would it be fair to say Earnshaw would be a good replacement for Baros?

Anyway, I would like us to sign a couple of European players in January. So if they require 6 months setteling in, then they are ready for 07/08.

Good point but the problem is that if they are currently playing for teams in Europe, would they leave in January?

Then it obviously follows that if they aren't playing for teams in Europe, are they the kind of players you are alluding to?

i ain't sure about Earnshaw, there must have been a reason why Robson didn't play him when they were in the premiership.

if he was a back up i would'nt be too dissapointed, and if we got Davies and murray as well, them two would more than make up for it.

Didnt he and Robson have some kind of argument which pushed him out of favour?

Thats what my tesco nighbours thought anyway...

Yes.

I also heard on good authority that Robson 'hated' Earnshaw and that he had no future at the Baggies due to that.

I also know why Gera was out for a while - and its not what was widely reported. But thats another story all together...... :)