Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been mentioned before but i think darren bent is one of the best options we can look at.

He scored goals, wins headers and is a handful for any defence, playing for charlton also means that he is a realistic player to get and one i'd love to see playing in a villa shirt next season.

I think luke and bent would be an awesome strike force and one that could be around for many seasons to come.

I do not think that Bent is a player that we will see at Villa

Do you think MON would not be interested in him or do you think we wouldn't be able to get him?

I really like him as a player, i think he has everything that a striker needs to have in the premiership and i think he'll continue scoring goals at this level.

Do you think MON would not be interested in him or do you think we wouldn't be able to get him?

I really like him as a player, i think he has everything that a striker needs to have in the premiership and i think he'll continue scoring goals at this level.

I don't think we would get him, yes we are a better prospect for him than Chorlton but think he would still rather be in London and will go to Spurs to be honest

I don't think we would get him, yes we are a better prospect for him than Chorlton but think he would still rather be in London and will go to Spurs to be honest

In which case we would have a great chance of getting Keane or Defoe. I wouldn't mind any of those 3.

Alan Smith = Overated, he would have been a good player 2-3 seasons ago but now, its not like he is prolific.

im all for Darren Bent - at the right price. I.E. not over £7million

and MON has said he will raid the championship, and if rumours are to believed James Vaughn could be on his way to VP

Alan Smith = Overated, he would have been a good player 2-3 seasons ago but now, its not like he is prolific.

Plus the injury he had was not that far off David Busst (spelling) injury. A major major risk. Plus he couldnt play with Angel or Sutton we need someone who'l get behind opposition defences.

We'v got Moore and Agbonlahor who'l stretch the defence and create space as strikers do we need a more established one who'l guarantee goals that's the question in regards to a striker. Angel and Sutton will be the ones playing a bit deeper replacing them if needed can wait.

Villa eyeing Portsmouth striker Todorov

By Svilen Rusev - November 10, 2006

Aston Villa are eyeing Portsmouth striker Svetoslav Todorov for the January market.

Bulgaria's TopSport says Villa boss Martin O'Neill hopes to takeover Todorov's loan from Wigan Athletic when the winter market opens.

Todorov's current deal at the JJB ends on December 31.

LINK

Bhoys worried by Maloney

By Mark Buckingham - Created on 11 Nov 2006

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell admits he is worried after Shaun Maloney postponed contract talks until January.

Maloney's current deal expires at the end of the season and his representatives have been involved in protracted talks regarding an extension.

But the discussions have yet to reach a successful conclusion and have been put on hold until the New Year.

At that stage, Maloney would be entitled to speak to other clubs concerning a potential Bosman move next summer.

Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan insists he is not concerned by the situation, but Lawwell is fretting about the impasse.

Lawwell remains determined to convince the forward to sign a deal, but is frustrated by the fact talks have been delayed until January.

"Shaun's representatives have indicated they wish to suspend discussions until January when Shaun will have the opportunity to look at options," Lawwell told The Daily Record.

"It would seem the reason for this is not financial. This is worrying.

"However, it should be clearly stated that Celtic are very keen to bring this matter to a successful conclusion.

"That would be one which sees Shaun extend his contract with the club."

Clicky