Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

My first post, I was directed here from another forum.

My cousin plays for Villa (reserves and sometimes the first team!) and has definatley assured me that Kris Commons is on his way to Villa Park. He occasionaly goes fishing with him and there are plenty of rumours. He texts me quite often with the gossip from the training ground and was the first person to tell me Baros was at the club before he signed.

Other names bandied about (by the reserve team, so no definate links) are Bellamy, Richards, Barton and Milner (which should be a definate now)

Hmmmm

Can't see any truth in this whatsoever...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The papers today are reporting our alledged target Alan Smith is opting for a loan move to Bayern Munich over us, the Barcodes and Everton in January... maybe he's the makeweight required for them to sign Hargreaves??

I personally think we should be looking to sign a more 'physical' striker who'd give us presence up front and can hold onto the ball...

Well i honestly think there will not be any well known names coming to villa park other then Milner. MON is a Diamond in the Rough manager he likes to find that rare breed of player. So my guess will be the championship or scotland etc abroad i dont know, maybe. Freddy east wood i would like to see play for us defo he could be a bargain.

Toon in for Celtic star

Nov 19 2006

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Newcastle are considering challenging Sunderland and several other English rivals for Celtic star Shaun Maloney.

The Scotland international is in a contract stand-off at Parkhead and will be free to talk to other clubs in the New Year.

And with little prospect of Celtic agreeing to Maloney's estimated £20,000-a-week wage demands, the pressure will be on them to sell him in January.

Maloney's ability to play up front, in the hole or out wide is highly rated by teams South of the border.

"Shaun knows Newcastle are interested, as is Roy Keane at Sunderland," a source close to 23-year-old Maloney told the Sunday Sun.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

"There's been talk of Aston Villa coming in - probably due to Martin O'Neill knowing Shaun from his days at Celtic - but we've heard nothing about that."

Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid are the latest club to consider taking Newcastle's Albert Luque back to Spain in January.

Injuries to Maxi and Martin Petrov have left Atletico short of attacking options and pondering signing Luque, if only on loan.

my mate showed me this from newcastles version of the mail, looks as though we might not be interested in maloney after all

Well i honestly think there will not be any well known names coming to villa park other then Milner. MON is a Diamond in the Rough manager he likes to find that rare breed of player. So my guess will be the championship or scotland etc abroad i dont know, maybe. Freddy east wood i would like to see play for us defo he could be a bargain.

MO'N hasn't signed too many big players before because he couldn't. Besides, Craig Bellamy was a big name as was Chris Sutton when he went to Celtic. There will be big names, of that I am sure!

heard over the weekend off a reliable source that the Villa management are seriously running the rule over Robert Earnshaw............... theyve been scouring the lower divisions and have identified Earnshaw, Murray & Curtis Davies as the cream of the championship and poss potential signing. Expect Murray & Earnshaw to join in January to bolster the quad, as both there clubs tend to be selling clubs.

Im not sure what to make of the Earnshaw link, but his goalrecord is phenomenal at all the levels hes played, and after watching Angel & Baros the last 12months, hes gotta be able to give us more than those two have.

ROBERT EARNSHAW STATS:

League Stats / Goals: 196app - 118goals

FA Cup Stats / 15app 12goals

League Cup Stats / 9app 12goals

Other Comp Stats / 5app 1goal

worth a punt IMO

heard over the weekend off a reliable source that the Villa management are seriously running the rule over Robert Earnshaw............... theyve been scouring the lower divisions and have identified Earnshaw, Murray & Curtis Davies as the cream of the championship and poss potential signing. Expect Murray & Earnshaw to join in January to bolster the quad, as both there clubs tend to be selling clubs.

Im not sure what to make of the Earnshaw link, but his goalrecord is phenomenal at all the levels hes played, and after watching Angel & Baros the last 12months, hes gotta be able to give us more than those two have.

ROBERT EARNSHAW STATS:

League Stats / Goals: 196app - 118goals

FA Cup Stats / 15app 12goals

League Cup Stats / 9app 12goals

Other Comp Stats / 5app 1goal

worth a punt IMO

I like Earnshaw - thought he was treated very poorly by West Brom when they were in the Prem.

However, I would like at least 1 top,top quality midfielder (Mr. D. Beckham please)

hahhahahaha, i doubt even they would................. to be honest though, hes got a contract till 2009 and I bet hes on decent money, so i think the standard of club who are gonna want him arent gonna b able to pay him............... i reckon weve got another 3 years of him being the stalwart reserve team central midfielder

I think DJDJ will go back to France or to Spain.

Hm, I'm on the fence to wether I think Earnshaw is the right player for "the next level", if you see what I mean. If MON thinks he is I guess he is, but I'm not sure MON does.