Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard that O'Neill never use to play him at celtic, and he was just a back up to someone like Mcgeady, if thats true i can't see why martin would go for him

I thought that it was the other way round, that he never played McGeady because Maloney was his first choice?

i heard that O'Neill never use to play him at celtic, and he was just a back up to someone like Mcgeady, if thats true i can't see why martin would go for him

I thought that it was the other way round, that he never played McGeady because Maloney was his first choice?

Yeah thats what I remember from when people were saying about going for McGeady. That McGeady wasn't MON's first choice and that Strachan has had more involvement in his development.

Must admit I hadn't really heard of Maloney, did a quick search and came up with this:

April: Helps Celtic claim their 40th Scottish title.. Makes history by scooping the Scottish Players' Player of the Year and the Young Player of the Year awards, he become the first player in the 28-year history of the awards to receive both prizes.

From the following link: http://tinyurl.com/yxouop

(how do I edit the name of the link?)