Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Smith is a bully............. we could do with one up front, MON seems to favour this he did at Leicester with Heskey and Celtic with Sutton.

Just a strong player up front to offer as the "out ball"......... Smith could be good at this. If we could choose I'd prefer Beattie

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two young Irish players to consider

Paul McShane - 2 million max - the next paul mcgrath - aged 20 - just made his republic of ireland debut against czech republic, man of the match award, had a highly successful loan period at brighton last year.

Anthony Stokes(Arsenal) - about 1.5 million - striker - 11 goals in 10 games on loan to falkirk. SPL's top scorer this season - just 18 years old.

McShane had an incredible debut against the Czechs. He's gonna be some player.

Stokes is being lined up by Celtic I believe. Three hat-tricks in 5 games isn't bad going in any league though!

I think Smith is a Quality forward so much so he'd be able to accomodate any position in the Villa forward line aswell as a bit of bite if needed in Midfield, He's not been prolific for Utd but hasn't he mostly been playing in midfield of late? During Leeds' champions league campaign didn't he do quite well? its been a while i can't quite remember, but i'm sure there was a 5-0 drubbing in which he scored a hatrick?

I think he'd be a sound aquisition and a statement of things to come.

As for Darren Bent, Yes Please, but i only think one forward is needed with our personel, whoever we get and whatever position they cover i'm delighted we're going to be looking forward, not filling gaps while there is money, with Martin and Randy making the decisions!!

i would be very happy if we signed alan smith. granted he wont be the answer to all our weaknesses but he would be very useful to us. as somebody previously mentioned he would be a bully up front which we have craved for a while.just look at the impact sutton has made. the goal smith scored against fulham last season (i think it was) epitomises what he is about. hes an arrogant immature p***k and they always piss off teams aka ronaldo, diouf and drogba.

Smith is a bully............. we could do with one up front, MON seems to favour this he did at Leicester with Heskey and Celtic with Sutton.

Just a strong player up front to offer as the "out ball"......... Smith could be good at this. If we could choose I'd prefer Beattie

Judging on how Beattie played on Saturday, how he blew us out and how he got his face kicked in outside SOBAR, he can **** right off!

Two young Irish players to consider

Paul McShane - 2 million max - the next paul mcgrath - aged 20 - just made his republic of ireland debut against czech republic, man of the match award, had a highly successful loan period at brighton last year.

Anthony Stokes(Arsenal) - about 1.5 million - striker - 11 goals in 10 games on loan to falkirk. SPL's top scorer this season - just 18 years old.

Who does McShane play for? I've heard the name but can't place him.

I'd like Alan Smith in the C&B. Villa's C&B that is. Can't remember his goal ratio at Leeds though. Wasn't he a pretty good goalscorer when he played for them? (And no point scoring for or against DOL in this, please)

the data makes him look very much like petrov, so if we did buy him it would be quite crowded in the centre of the park. saying that, manu manage to play rooney, scholes and a defensive midfielder - and they're top of the league.

i reckon we should purchase him - it would be a great acquisition and would start to give us strength in depth

Season 2003/04 2004/05

Team Leeds United Manchester United

Appearances 35 31

Minutes On Pitc 3,141 2,037

Goals 9 6

Shots On Target 34 25

Shots Off Target 41 33

Shooting Accuracy 45% 43%

Chance Conversion12% 10%

Goal Assists 3 4

Total Passes 1,214 797

Pass Completion %69% 82%

Total Crosses 43 34

Cross Completion %23% 26%

Dribbles & Runs 155 67

Dribble Completion %47% 51%

Defending

Tackles Made 85 73

Tackles Won % 71% 75%

Blocks 11 4

Clearances 36 10

Interceptions 7 6

Discipline

Fouls 96 50

Offside 30 15

Yellow Cards 6 2

Red Cards 0 1

Apparently Mowbray at the Boggies has been told to sell before he can buy (small time philosophy that!), anyone for Davies?

gera?

Not good enough for where we are now aiming. At the start of the season I would have said yes. Now we require better!