Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Just for the record, there was some scurrilous rumour from Teamtalk being touted by John Cresswell that Watford had had enquiries for Ashley Young, maybe even from Villa.

just came here to post the exact same thought !!

foiled again .. I need to be a bit quicker off the mark ..well not according to the wife , but certainly in the posting on here context ...

edit

my second NY resolution should be to look at the screen and see what's being typed thus removing these typo's of mine ...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, there was some scurrilous rumour from Teamtalk being touted by John Cresswell that Watford had had enquiries for Ashley Young, maybe even from Villa. :?

I quoted a similiar story about this a few days ago and nobody took an interest in it....... :cry: :notsure: :?

SkySports said:

Adrian Boothroyd has rejected bids for Ashley Young, but insists Tottenham have not made an offer for the Watford winger.

Young has been among Watford's most impressive performers since the club secured promotion to the top flight.

Though The Hornets are bottom of the Premiership, Young's displays have caught the eye of several bigger clubs.

Reports have claimed that Spurs will look to lure the England Under 21 international to White Hart Lane in January.

Boothroyd refuted those rumours, but the Watford boss confirmed he has knocked back offers from other clubs.

"Spurs have not made any bids," stated Boothroyd. "I have had bids from other clubs and I have rejected them.

"Ashley is a key part of what we want to do here."

Young recently revealed he would be happy to stay at Vicarage Road, even if the club are relegated back to the Championship at the end of the season

clicky

Do you think that we made a bid for Young????

Good Addition??

Look at it...

SkySports said:

Adrian Boothroyd has rejected bids for Ashley Young, but insists Tottenham have not made an offer for the Watford winger.

Young has been among Watford's most impressive performers since the club secured promotion to the top flight.

Though The Hornets are bottom of the Premiership, Young's displays have caught the eye of several bigger clubs.

Reports have claimed that Spurs will look to lure the England Under 21 international to White Hart Lane in January.

Boothroyd refuted those rumours, but the Watford boss confirmed he has knocked back offers from other clubs.

"Spurs have not made any bids," stated Boothroyd. "I have had bids from other clubs and I have rejected them.

"Ashley is a key part of what we want to do here."

Young recently revealed he would be happy to stay at Vicarage Road, even if the club are relegated back to the Championship at the end of the season

clicky

Do you think that we made a bid for Young????

Good Addition??

Look at it...

So what about that Eygptian lad then? Pretty exciting stuff... :winkold:

I quoted a similiar story about this a few days ago and nobody took an interest in it....... :cry: :notsure: :?

No doubt JC thought it would get more attention by opening a separate thread for it.

So now he's probably guilty of:

a) pinching your story and using it under his own name

B) setting a bad example to other posters

c) a lot of other bad things too

:P

What about defoe?

After what Defoes done for Spurs recently, especialy against us ! I have thought they'd be a riot at White Hart Lane if they let him go. Apparently Keane wants to come to Villa and this was THE red hot rumour last month but not sure how bad his knee injury is ???

No doubt JC thought it would get more attention by opening a separate thread for it.

So now he's probably guilty of:

a) pinching your story and using it under his own name

B) setting a bad example to other posters

c) a lot of other bad things too

:P

Its them Mods, you cant say boo to them...... :D :winkold:

What about defoe?

After what Defoes done for Spurs recently, especialy against us ! I have thought they'd be a riot at White Hart Lane if they let him go. Apparently Keane wants to come to Villa and this was THE red hot rumour last month but not sure how bad his knee injury is ???

I seem to remember some quotes from keane earlier this season before we played spurs at Villa Park where he was singing O'Neill's praises. I hope he wants to come and that we sign him also as i think he is class!

Wearevilla wrote:

A move for Big Marlon would be the first time I would question MON. Sorry but that would be hugely underwhelming

I recall similar doubts being raised when Ron Saunders signed Peter Withe and I was among them.

:oops: But, he turned out to be the final piece in the jigsaw back then and who knows Marlon might be one of the pieces Martin sees us needing now. If he does, I will back his judgement. OK I would prefer us to go for Villa from Valencia, but that is not going to happen in this window.

BBC Football report that Spurs & Manchester United have had bids turned down by Southampton for Gareth Bale. Newcastle, Arsenal & Liverpool have also been reported as having made inquiries. Is he waiting for Chelsea or us? :lol: But, I hope we can follow Spurs lead and sign some good young players like Barnes at Derby, if not Bale who have real potential.

Have we signed anyone yet ?

Obviously 4 weeks in January might not be enough time to bring in any decent players, Harewood excluded of course :)

Beckham at Villa what a waste of a good rumour, Defoe, and Keane were bad enough SWP even but Beckham, we need players who can play in defensive point grabbing formations, accept high balls all day long, left wingers who can play at right back, left backs who can play as centre forwards surely, although his free kick expertise would certainly be an asset :)

BBC Football report that Spurs & Manchester United have had bids turned down by Southampton for Gareth Bale. Newcastle, Arsenal & Liverpool have also been reported as having made inquiries. Is he waiting for Chelsea or us? :lol: But, I hope we can follow Spurs lead and sign some good young players like Barnes at Derby, if not Bale who have real potential.

Us obviously, why join the second top club in the Prem, in the top part of the country on the best wages when he can come and play for Martin, no contest.

Have we signed anyone yet ?

Obviously 4 weeks in January might not be enough time to bring in any decent players, Harewood excluded of course :)

Beckham at Villa what a waste of a good rumour, Defoe, and Keane were bad enough SWP even but Beckham, we need players who can play in defensive point grabbing formations, accept high balls all day long, left wingers who can play at right back, left backs who can play as centre forwards surely, although his free kick expertise would certainly be an asset :)

I was always brought up to believe that if you can't add something constructive, you shouldn't add anything at all.