Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does seem odd though. Surely Spurs must be after someone else to replace him.

They bought them in the summer - stand up messrs Berbatov and Mido.

So why would they sell the striker who is younger and has scored more goals than both of them put together?

Becuase Jol wants a team of midfielders :lol:

Seriously though he doesn't seem to rate Defoe, no matter how many goals he scores and as soon as Keane comes back Defoe knows he is on the bench again.

Mate, we've played that system since the Everton away game, that's why people are getting itchy......................

We played with sutton and angel upfront against wigan in the next game

we played with angel and baros upfront against man city

we played with baros and gabby upfront against pompey

we played with baros and sutton upfront against sheff utd

we played with baros and sutton upfront against bolton

we played with gabby and baros upfront against spurs

we played with angel and gabby upfront against charlton.

You're quite right, well done.......... All that free flowing attacking football we played must have passed me by. :roll:

You're quite right, well done.......... All that free flowing attacking football we played must have passed me by.

I think those games were different to playing 1 up front and 11 men behind the ball.

I'm not saying the performances were great and the football was amazing but we did play with 2 strikers and didn't play for the point from the start which is what we did against chelsea.

You're quite right, well done.......... All that free flowing attacking football we played must have passed me by.

I think those games were different to playing 1 up front and 11 men behind the ball.

I'm not saying the performances were great and the football was amazing but we did play with 2 strikers and didn't play for the point from the start which is what we did against chelsea.

OFF TOPIC :roll:

Hopefully Barry would not be used as part of any deal bringing in Defoe!!

I really cannot see Barry leaving for anyone in the forseeable future. MON immediately made him captain and got him to sign a new deal. MON wants Barry to stay. Barry wants to stay. Nothing else to it. The only thing linking him to Spurs is that Spurs need left sided players, thats all.

Defoe wouldn't be my first choice as a signing, but it does show we are heading in the right direction rather than the wrong one. Please be true and score a hattrick against Man Utd! :D

anything over £10m would be too much though

I reckon it will be 12M.

Maybe a bit too much, I dont know - prolific strikers, in and around the England team cost about that don't they?

......Barcodes were linked with Crouch for the same amount.......

Hopefully Barry would not be used as part of any deal bringing in Defoe!!

I really cannot see Barry leaving for anyone in the forseeable future. MON immediately made him captain and got him to sign a new deal. MON wants Barry to stay. Barry wants to stay. Nothing else to it. The only thing linking him to Spurs is that Spurs need left sided players, thats all.

Defoe wouldn't be my first choice as a signing, but it does show we are heading in the right direction rather than the wrong one. Please be true and score a hattrick against Man Utd! :D

And his family are all Spurs fans.