Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Seeing as this thread covers suggestions can I be the first to suggest Scott Carson. I watched him last night against Arsenal and he was absolutely superb. That's not the first time he has done that either. I don't know whether he's still on Liverpool's books but I think if/when the wheelies go down we should try and snap him up. He's going to be a top top keeper and will be worth a fortune at a big team.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, the papers are grasping but know **** all. Ive got a feeling some signings, and maybe one big one, will come out of the blue. (Maybe even from the blues :wink: )

Meh, the papers are grasping but know **** all. Ive got a feeling some signings, and maybe one big one, will come out of the blue. (Maybe even from the blues :wink: )

from the Sea?

Like a big whale perhaps? Sh*t - maybe we're signing Hartson .......

from the Sea?

Like a big whale perhaps? Sh*t - maybe we're signing Hartson .......

Or Lisa Reilly.

Actually given a straight choice between her and Harewood....

Seeing as this thread covers suggestions can I be the first to suggest Scott Carson. I watched him last night against Arsenal and he was absolutely superb. That's not the first time he has done that either. I don't know whether he's still on Liverpool's books but I think if/when the wheelies go down we should try and snap him up. He's going to be a top top keeper and will be worth a fortune at a big team.

I like Scott Carson as well, and have also been impressed with some of his form. I wouldn't mind if Villa made a bid for him at all! I actually rate him above Taylor tbh.

Search for signings starts now - O'Neill

Jan 3 2007

MARTIN O'Neill's task of bringing fresh blood to Villa began in earnest today after he admitted that he is running out of available players as he sets about plotting an FA Cup shock at Old Trafford.

Villa had 18 players available against Chelsea last night but lost Craig Gardner to a groin injury in the first half.

Gareth Barry will be available after suspension at Old Trafford while Lee Hendrie may get an unexpected call-up to the squad following his loan with Stoke City.

O'Neill said: "Gardner's got a groin problem and he just couldn't continue but we'll know more about that one later today.

"It leaves us down to the bare bones. Transfer window? I start work this morning," he added.

O'Neill is likely to lose Didier Agathe from his squad soon.

"Didier was injured but his contract will be up very shortly so we'll see what happens," said O'Neill.

Stoke have made noises about signing Hendrie permanently but have so far not made contact.

O'Neill added: "Lee Hendrie is back with us and the way we're going he might as well come and join us. If Stoke want to talk to me they can, but they haven't yet."

Thomas Sorensen is nearing fitness after a knee injury at a time when Villa are sweating over Gabor Kiraly's availability for Sunday's televised clash.

Clicky

I like Scott Carson as well, and have also been impressed with some of his form. I wouldn't mind if Villa made a bid for him at all! I actually rate him above Taylor tbh.

Can't see anyone disagreeing with that. But then Carson will probably be Liverpool's first choice within 2 seasons, if not next season, so no chance of us signing him.

doesn't his loan end at the end of the season

therefore its impossible to sign him in january

Yeah but this time the club is saying "we're going to sign players" whilst last time it was "We don't have any money to sign players let alone pay their salaries". Something is going to happen, we're just not blurting it out like some egg shaped man...

I just got phoned by an agent i know who swears were gonna buy Owen Hargreaves , Klose , Milner and Bridge and theyre having there medicals right now subject to respective chairmen phoning us back and telling us the deals off .

Does that rumour make anyone feel more confident now ? :D

I wonder if Harewood did sign how many shirts would we see with his name printed on the back ? Any takers ?

We certainly would'nt see his face on many tee-shirts!!