Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

going by what MON said when asked by SkySports after the Chelsea game... he doesnt sound confident of getting anyone.......

According to some that will be some sort of super tactic on MON's part!!

I believe so. I think MON toys with the media whenever he can. I dont mean this to sound bad but you cant trust what he says because i daresay in his mind he has very different plans.

it's a blatant 'buyers tactic'. you dont go out there, mismanage expectations and reveal your hand (budget). that would be daft.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

going by what MON said when asked by SkySports after the Chelsea game... he doesnt sound confident of getting anyone.......

You mean the same Mourhino did to?

He has leant tht by saying....."We need a CB" the price suddenly jumps up £10m"

I'm 100% sure that we will make at least 2 signings.

I think its fantastic that nobody knows how much we have to spend and if we are shoppping in Harrods or Matalan. It shows we have very shrewd people running the club.

MON is one of the greats when it comes to playing mind games with the media but I'm confident he has a few surprises up his sleeve for us all.

According to some that will be some sort of super tactic on MON's part!!

I believe so. I think MON toys with the media whenever he can. I dont mean this to sound bad but you cant trust what he says because i daresay in his mind he has very different plans.

it's a blatant 'buyers tactic'. you dont go out there, mismanage expectations and reveal your hand (budget). that would be daft.

He dosnt just do it when it comes to buying players. He does it with everything.

Look at it this way. Neither the board or MON have disclosed anything about who they are after or how much they've got to spend. Everything so far has just been speculation. The only solid links we've had in the past 4 months have been from agents saying we're looking at their players, or from us lot saying MON has been spotted at a game, so must be watching so and so. The one thing we're certain on is that MON wants to strengthen, and he's spent the first half a season in charge determining who deserves to be part of the club.

We all have thoughts and ideas on who is key to resurrecting Villa. I'm sure MON has his ideas as well, but telling the world about it isn't going to help get them here in the slightest. I think we should just stay confident that MON will bring in the right men for the job, and that our billionaire owner will put up plenty of funds if need be.

The media don't have as much speculation on the Villa as other clubs because MON does keep things close, and as previously said, he seems to like playing games with the media.

Also of course, we are not the media's darlings as we aren't in London or the North West.

I just love how the egg head at West Spam keeps opening his mouth about how much money they have to spend , has he learnt nothing from Chelski , the word muppet comes to mind .

Were playing things properly , no body knows how much we've got so we carnt be held to ransom

Saw another link on the Sky Sports rumours page. Apparently we are after Beattie and Simon Davies from Everton.

Not sure id be too happy with either of them!

....but it is a rumour page after all so i wont be getting too upset!

I've thought about Simon Davies before....

He was once an excellent player, a very classy right sided player who was hotly tipped to sign for Man U to replace Beckham. Quite what happened i dont know but if he could get back to his best he would be a good signing.

At the moment though his form is awful and has been for 18 months.

I've thought about Simon Davies before....

He was once an excellent player, a very classy right sided player who was hotly tipped to sign for Man U to replace Beckham. Quite what happened i dont know but if he could get back to his best he would be a good signing.

At the moment though his form is awful and has been for 18 months.

He's not the first few season wonder and i doubt he will be the last!

One player i like but have seen much of this season is that Banayoun chap at West Ham , looked superb last season but seems to have lost his way abit this season maybe its worth a bid

100% Agreed!

Unless i am mistaken he can play wide as well!

I just have a feeling there will be some action today, not sure why

Richard I'm with you and am expecting something to happen today and definately before the end of the week. I'd say we're further forward on a couple of incoming transfers than any of us realise.

Preston insist Nugent will stay

Preston chairman Derek Shaw insists £5m-rated striker David Nugent will not be sold in the January transfer window.

Sheffield United, Portsmouth and Everton have been linked with a move for the 21-year-old.

Shaw said: "We have 19 cup finals left, and David Nugent is not for sale. We want to get to the Premier League.

"David Nugent has been tremendous for us, and I am sure he will play in the Premier League. But we want that to be with Preston North End."

He added: "We do not want to sell him.

"He will be a big player for us in these 19 cup finals, and we will assess the situation again after that."

Clicky

Its not worth their while to sell Nugent while promotion is still a possibility. Would they rather get 5 million now and forego 50 million from the tv deal, or keep him scoring goals and getthe 50 million. No brainer for any promotion chasing side.