Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Its not worth their while to sell Nugent while promotion is still a possibility. Would they rather get 5 million now and forego 50 million from the tv deal, or keep him scoring goals and getthe 50 million. No brainer for any promotion chasing side.

Now that does sound strangely familiar :wink:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a feeling there will be some action today, not sure why

Richard I'm with you and am expecting something to happen today and definately before the end of the week. I'd say we're further forward on a couple of incoming transfers than any of us realise.

I too have got that feeling. Just a feeling.

Sometimes you read what posters put on here and wonder which world they inhabit.

for reference

1) It is likely that not many teams will sell their best players in the winter unless silly money is on offer, so don't expect a flood of stars

2) There are two priorities, the short term need to fill gaps and the long term building of a squad, so expect if we get anyone a mixture of free transfers, cheappies mixed with some youth players

Bear this in mind and you can see who the realstic targets may be and then some people may not get so disappointed

I just wish we had purchased Steed Malbranque when we had the chance..

But yeah as someone said, expect mainly seasoned veterans for cheap money or no money at all (e.g Sutton) - and promising cheap squad fillers. I wouldn't expect a big money signing in January... now July/August, thats another matter

Its not worth their while to sell Nugent while promotion is still a possibility. Would they rather get 5 million now and forego 50 million from the tv deal, or keep him scoring goals and getthe 50 million. No brainer for any promotion chasing side.

The figures are correct, but you're assuming that they will get promoted if they keep him and that they won't if they sell him.

None of these eventualities are guaranteed.

And Nugent's own ambitions are in the mix as well. He might be tempted to play for a better team, where he will get more chances to score, rather than a relegation battle with Preston next season. Should they get promoted at the end of the season, which is no way certain, even if he stays.

Gera, Davies and Barry Ferguson. God we're gonna kick but next year!

Have we signed them? Or is it just some suggestion and rumours you've read on here?

Read on here.

And i think he was being sarcastic.

A bit harsh but i'd agree it would be a little below expectations if it was those 3.

I just got phoned by an agent i know who swears were gonna buy Owen Hargreaves , Klose , Milner and Bridge and theyre having there medicals right now subject to respective chairmen phoning us back and telling us the deals off .

Does that rumour make anyone feel more confident now ? :D

I wonder if Harewood did sign how many shirts would we see with his name printed on the back ? Any takers ?

I wonder if Harewood did sign how many shirts would we see with his name printed on the back ? Any takers ?

cost me too much to put on

lazy **** rocket polisher

don't put yourself down Ian :wink:

Today we are linked with Abel Xavier and SWP! One is a very good player to get linked with...the other seem like a nightmare if it was to be true!

Shaun Wright-Phillips would be a lovely signing and surely the effect would be even higher than the Solano-effect. It would be true ambition!

Abel Xavier link seems very odd...and I hope we´re not trying to get 34-year old players. That is not the way forward as I see it.