Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone had filmed me playing football for the last year you could probably make a 10 minute clip (complete with Europop power soundtrack) that made me look like Riquelme and van Nistelrooy roled into one.

Sadly there would also be 50 hours of me falling over the ball and generally wheezing around the pitch.

The point being you really cant take these videos as a genuine marker for a players talents, as impressive as they often are.

its from fansfc.com, a website run by jokers, they make up storys in an atempt to get people to ring there hotline to find out more info at the rate of £1.20 a minute.

and theres already a thread for this sort of rumour

its believable

and i would like to see him playing for villa but i wish it would be permanent rather than loan

i can't really see why man united want him tbh, they'll probably spend big on a signing in jan and the summer which will push him further and further down the pecking order

We have 4 strikers, soon to be 5 again, which we can rotate - I find it deficult to believe a striker will be top of MON's list when we are despreately short in other areas.

We have strikers but the problemis that they don't score. Has to be the first priority.

I read in another article this morning that Alan Smith rejected a loan move to

Liecester city.....are they a really weak club in comparison to Villa?

It also said that he was recovering from a(n) horrific ankle injury and that may have played a part in his reluctance to go.

clicky - use short links please!

To see how to use short links click on edit in this post please - Bicks

The competition for high qaulity players looks really fierce.

Is it a matter of pure CASH or does the stature of the club play a bigger role?

Brownie

According to the Evening Mail, Albion have rejected a bid of around £1.5m for Plan C right sided midfielder Zoltan Gera. I suspect they want about £4m. No matter what elese this transfer window brings, I think it'll all be expensive. Someone earlier suggested £10m for Bent and Young, I think Charlton would want in excess of £20m for the pair.

Someone earlier suggested £10m for Bent and Young, I think Charlton would want in excess of £20m for the pair.

Your right and that amount of money is absolutly riduculous. Bent fair enough but I doubt I'd pay 2 million for Yound. I don't rate him at all.

Just like to say Balaban and Milosevic.

Yeah, stinks of Sergei Rebrov to me.

And what about Berbatov or Vidic?Not every East European player is a flop!Although I don't think he is good enough:)

Berbatov who was a massive hit in the Bundesliga? Not quite the same. Can't think of many who've come straight from Eastern European football to the premiership and been a success. I wouldn't say Savo was a flop, he was alright, £3.5m for him compared to £11m for Rebrov is a bargain really (though I know there was about 5 years between them).

Villa are ready to lay down a transfer marker for their January spending plans by entering the race for Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Manager Martin O’Neill is said to have put the England international at the top of his transfer wishlist. It is a signal from the boss of his ambition to transform Villa into a club fighting for honours.

Wright-Phillips, pictured, would cost £10m, less than half the £21m Chelsea paid Manchester City for the 25-year-old.

Villa face competition from West Ham, Everton and the player’s former club Manchester City, who have already entered negotiations with Chelsea.

from the express and star

come on MON sign him up :nod:

http://www.expressandstar.co.uk/2006/12/29/villa-chasing-chelsea-star/