OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

defoe is a natural finisher...

that is something we lack..

think he would do well at villa, and he would also allow agbonlahor to have a rest and be integrated properly into the side...

moore and defoe up front would be quite exciting to see.. with gabby waiting in the wings, and the possible signing of nugent, thats a decent young english strikeforce with the potential to get even better...

the talk of bent is exciting too...

of a choice out of bent and defoe, i would prefer bent.... better all round player in my opinion... he would probably work very well alongside luke moore, and if we picked up bent and nugent, to go with moore and agbonlahor, then than that offers a better balance of striking partners to our forward line...

not too keen on gera tbh.. but i trust o'neill....

Earnshaw, please God no! Poor, Poor mans Defoe. Don't know why, but I have a sneaking feeling we are going to make a move for Beattie, just seems like MON type player, lots of potential, lost his way and a strong old fashioned centre forward. Just a hunch.

if we don't beat charlton and lose to chelsea, and drop down a few places

who will want to join us?

defoe and keane will not move in january, especially when they have a chnace of winning the uefa cup and the gulf in class between the sides

defoes getting a good run in spurs's team, we could offer him more money but i just can't see why he would want to join us at the moment

defoe and keane will not move in january, especially when they have a chnace of winning the uefa cup and the gulf in class between the sides

defoes getting a good run in spurs's team, we could offer him more money but i just can't see why he would want to join us at the moment

Could say the same about West ham.

Could say the same about West ham.

West Ham are big loud mouths with no long term plans.

We have these and MON and what counts is what the CEO and MON say to the players.

We won't get superstars, we are nowhere near this league, but what to be and there are plaenty of decent players who would come to us, we have to trust MON to get them

Whats is the feeling on Matt Upson, his contract is up - hes a quaility defender who would cost not very much - the only obstacle I say is he played for them - but for a player of his quality - we could get over it - especially if we can get over Sutton?

Whats is the feeling on Matt Upson, his contract is up - hes a quaility defender who would cost not very much - the only obstacle I say is he played for them - but for a player of his quality - we could get over it - especially if we can get over Sutton?

He's a good player, but do we need a central defender?

I'd say we could use two full backs, a right sided midfielder and two strikers at the least before buying more central defenders.

Upson would be cheap and to be honest he is a top quality central defender at the moment we just have quite a lot of central defenders, he would command a place and as I say again because of the contract situation very cheap!

I hope Martin O'Neill reads this thread and discards the majority of suggested targets as they have no imagination required to build a new team.

I would hazard a guess that if this board was up and running in 1977 there would'nt have been too many guess Ron Saunders thoughts and signings correctly.

......Leave it to the experts guys.

He's a good player, but do we need a central defender?

I'd say we could use two full backs, a right sided midfielder and two strikers at the least before buying more central defenders.

Martin Laursen is our biggest loss imo...... CB critical signing.

Upson would be cheap and to be honest he is a top quality central defender at the moment we just have quite a lot of central defenders, he would command a place and as I say again because of the contract situation very cheap!

Upson won't be cheap. Small heath have a habit of selling players for top dollars, the price will go up if it is us aswell.

Plus I don't rate him.

......Leave it to the experts guys.

And spoil all this fun TRO? We will leave it to the experts and I have every confidence in Martin's choices but there is nothing wrong with a little speculation and it has been a long time since we could really look forward to a window as a buying rather than a selling club.

My update. I think those 2 goals by Defoe may have made any deal even less likely. We need a striker so I will take Villa from Valencia. :lol: