Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

martin said on radio wm that its abit unfair to think that january will change our fortunes and we will get a lot of players in

which hes right about tbh, its a lot easier said than done trying to sign anyone especially when there are teams around our level all vying for the same players.

i was expecting 3 signings and 1 or 2 loans but i think im going to be a bit dissapointed come february

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa are being linked with a late move for Manchester United fullback Phil Bardsley.

Bardsley is expected to join Sunderland on-loan from tomorrow, but Villa manager Martin O'Neill is ready to make a £1 million offer to sign the youngster outright

players we have been linked with for them postitions who would u choose

RB- P.Bardsley , R.Spearman , L.Young , G.Halford

LB- G.Bale

CB-C.Davis

CM-J.Barton,

RW-J.Milner,S.W.Phillips,Z.Gera, D.Karama

ST- A.Smith,J.Defoe,R.Keane,D.Bent,D.Nugent,K.Davies,

Out of them players their is 4 i cud see coming in and they are R.Spearman,Z.Gera,A.Smith on loan and the one big signing J.Barton . I would be happy with that till the summer but these 4 players would cover problem areas like rb-rw-cm-st

we need a right winger , showing u this just nice to be linked to big name players

Beckham chase hots up

2006-12-31 10:42

Real Madrid midfielder David Beckham is reportedly wanted by no less than eight Premiership clubs - who will be free to speak to the ex-England captain tomorrow

The News of the World claims that Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Bolton, Blackburn, Tottenham, West Ham and Aston Villa have all made contact with the 31-year-old's representatives.

What the bbc think.

ASTON VILLA

What they need?

Experience, strength in depth, goalkeeper cover.

What have they got to spend?

Millions. This will be boss Martin O'Neill's first chance to dip into chairman Randy Lerner's funds.

Who have they been linked with?

More like who haven't they been linked with? Here goes: Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, James Milner, Matthew Upson, Curtis Davies, Darren Bent, Andy Griffin, Matt Murray, Joey Barton, Darren Bent, Zoltan Gera, Richard Stearman, Phil Bardsley, David Nugent, Garry O'Connor, Neil Eardley, Markus Katzer, Lucas Neill, Shaun Maloney and Bobo Balde.

Who do you want them to buy?

"David Villa, great player with a great name!"

Macca-No5-avfc

Clicky

Garry O'Connor, Neil Eardley, Markus Katzer

I've heard of O'Connor but can't place him, Burnley? Heard of Eardley as well but no idea who he plays for, never heard of Kalzer. Anyone care to shed any light?

Guardian linked us with Greg Halford from Colchester yesterday for £1.5m, but then linked Wigan to him for £2.5m.