Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I have thought more about it, and here are my best guesses on whom we should try to get:

1. Darren Bent (he plays for a shitty club bound for relegation)

2. Lucas Neill (he wants to go)

3. Shaun Wright-Phillips (doesn't get a chance and I think they will sell him)

4. Joey Barton (he has a release clause)

5. Sylvain Distin (he doesn't want to sign a contract)

Would actually be the solution

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have thought more about it, and here are my best guesses on whom we should try to get:

1. Darren Bent (he plays for a shitty club bound for relegation)

2. Lucas Neill (he wants to go)

3. Shaun Wright-Phillips (doesn't get a chance and I think they will sell him)

4. Joey Barton (he has a release clause)

5. Sylvain Distin (he doesn't want to sign a contract)

Would actually be the solution

Icould definitely live with those signings. Easily. And they are gettable. Would all improve the team, I think, not just the squad.

I hear Robert Earnshaw is available for £4M.............. portsmouth are interested, now for me this kid is the best striker outside the premiership and could easily play in the premiership.........(12 league goals in only 15 league starts for baggies proves that) plus hes rapidly fast, works hard, granted not the greatest all round player but for me would be a far greater goalthreat than any of our forwards at present............. and that is what we need, a player who can nick goals and poach in the box........ and hes scored 147 league & cup goals in less than 250 games, thats topclass whatever the level, plus not withstanding 9 international goals in 20caps........... for me if were looking for a striker this las is well worth the punt........

If we are ever to compete with likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Man. Utd, etc (Chelsea are a different kettle of fish). Then we need to be signing players they would also be interested in. Do you see them queing up for the toothy one ? I thought not, why is that do you think? Defoe and Bent have both been monitored by the big boys. These are the kind of players we need to throw of the small time mentality that Herbert imposed on us for so many years.

the way I see it, if were gonna attract the likes of Defoe & Bent we need to be "up there" in the league, now we need players to get us there and that aint Angel, Baros & Sutton....... Earnshaw would be a good striker for 12months to help get us up the league and then he can move to oneside as a squad player to make way for the players in the class of Defoe & Bent (personally bent is overrated)

I know its a bit catch 22 but we aint gonna get the likes of defoe until were up there, but we need players to get us there............. for me Earnie would be a good addition and a far better threat than any of the idiots we posess in our frontline

Could be possible.

Bent aint going anywhere, he is captain and scored last night and Pardew would be mad as a hatter to let him go un-happy or not.

Lucas Neill its whe worlds worste kept secret that he is off to Liverplop.

The other i don't know the positions of.

I'm sure City would have something to say about them losing Distin,Barton and Richards don't you.

I think Bent is coming to us.12 million to spend will be more important than unhappy striker and AP will prefer the cash to buy other players.The boy is absolute quality , scores for fun even when his team is not playing well.He,Gabby and Luke will be dream attacking dorce for every manager!!!

I hear Robert Earnshaw is available for £4M.............. portsmouth are interested, now for me this kid is the best striker outside the premiership and could easily play in the premiership.........(12 league goals in only 15 league starts for baggies proves that) plus hes rapidly fast, works hard, granted not the greatest all round player but for me would be a far greater goalthreat than any of our forwards at present............. and that is what we need, a player who can nick goals and poach in the box........ and hes scored 147 league & cup goals in less than 250 games, thats topclass whatever the level, plus not withstanding 9 international goals in 20caps........... for me if were looking for a striker this las is well worth the punt........

If we are ever to compete with likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Man. Utd, etc (Chelsea are a different kettle of fish). Then we need to be signing players they would also be interested in.

The slight flaw in your plan of world domination is that if the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal are interested in a player then they will be going to them. Not us.

The next step on the ladder is attempting to sign the level of player that the likes of Newcastle, Spurs and Bolton are after. As much as that might hurt, it's the state we find ourselves in. We need to be attracting players of the quality of Parker, Anelka and Malbranque to make the next step, as for the last five years or so, we've found ourselves on a tier below them regarding transfers.

At the moment we're not competing with the likes of "Arsenal,Liverpool,Man. Utd" and we're not going to be signing their targets. Not for a long while yet.

Bent will generate between 9 and 12M, money they can spend on relegation-scrappers such as Seth Johnson.

Distin wants to scramb, and Barton has that imfamous clause they can't argue with. SWP wants to go, I am sure

of it. Why rot on the bench when Cole and Robben are before you in the pecking order? Chelsea don't even like to

play with wingers!

Padew has said Bent aint going anywhere and would be mad to do so. But hey saying no means yes :roll: ;)

Earnshaw ho chance, just a host of strikers who are good in the fizzy pop that filed in the Prem including Raziack (ask a spurs fan)

I wouldn't mind us going for Crouch and Earnshaw and pairing them together. We could sign the pair of them for 10-12 mill. They are both in their early 20s, experienced internationals and have scored goals in prem and would make a great partnership IMO. They have both lived in the area before so would settle in straight away.

It would also fit in with MONs previous tactics of a little and large partnership ie Heskey and Cottee at Leicester and Sutton/Hartson and Larsson at Celtic.

I wouldn't mind us going for Crouch and Earnshaw and pairing them together. We could sign the pair of them for 10-12 mill. They are both in their early 20s, experienced internationals and have scored goals in prem and would make a great partnership IMO. They have both lived in the area before so would settle in straight away.

It would also fit in with MONs previous tactics of a little and large partnership ie Heskey and Cottee at Leicester and Sutton/Hartson and Larsson at Celtic.

Jesus no. It's enough to make you weep. The big boys will be shaking in their boots.....not.

If we are ever to compete with likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Man. Utd, etc (Chelsea are a different kettle of fish). Then we need to be signing players they would also be interested in.

The slight flaw in your plan of world domination is that if the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal are interested in a player then they will be going to them. Not us.

The next step on the ladder is attempting to sign the level of player that the likes of Newcastle, Spurs and Bolton are after. As much as that might hurt, it's the state we find ourselves in. We need to be attracting players of the quality of Parker, Anelka and Malbranque to make the next step, as for the last five years or so, we've found ourselves on a tier below them regarding transfers.

At the moment we're not competing with the likes of "Arsenal,Liverpool,Man. Utd" and we're not going to be signing their targets. Not for a long while yet.

Spoken like a true loser. I watched Villa win the big one in 82. If we are ever to compete at this level again we need to act like we mean it. For Christs sake mate we're the second city of Britain ,former champions of Europe, with one of the best managers around. If we can't attract them now we never will. It seems some Villa fans just don't know how big their own club is.

Spoken like a true loser. I watched Villa win the big one in 82. If we are ever to compete at this level again we need to act like we mean it. For Christs sake mate we're the second city of Britain ,former champions of Europe, with one of the best managers around. If we can't attract them now we never will. It seems some Villa fans just don't know how big their own club is.

Believe what you like. If you think that the average player is going to choose us over Man Utd or Arsenal at the moment then you are wrong. Simple as that.

We've not been turning up for far too long, and it's not going to be a case of just turning up at the top table and expecting everything to be like it was in the early 1980s. Life doesn't work like that, and there's a lot of work to be done first.

I think we are in a similar situation to Man U where when Fergus took over, we are not where we should be, and admitting that does not make us losers, we all want to get back to where we believe we should be, but you have to earn the right to be competing at the top, not live off the name Aston Villa. Ellis made that mistake, believing players would come just because we are Aston Villa, it doesn't work like that anymore. Wake up.

With the new board/ manager I think we will get back to being genuine challengers, but it ain't gonna happen overnight. At least we are moving forward now,for the first time in way too long. We are a great club with fantastic history, no disputing that, celebrate it, enjoy it, talk about it, but we know that because we love the club, talented players from around the world probably don't, so realistically that means we have to move forward step by step. This does not make us losers.

If you give up on even trying to sign top players because you believe other clubs are "bigger" than us. Then in my eyes you are losers. Have faith in MON, go for it , we just might sign some of these players you think are too good for us.Jam tomorrow. no thanks, I've got more ambition than that. And we've played second fiddle to those scouse, cockney. Mancunian rocket polishers for long enough.

The boy is absolute quality , scores for fun even when his team is not playing well

I bet Les Reed wishes that he had more fun while he was manager. Considering he hadn't scored a goal in two months before last night.

But he is still 8th Premiership scorer.That means something I think:)

Have faith in MON, go for it , we just might sign some of these players you think are too good for us.Jam tomorrow. no thanks, I've got more ambition than that

Ambition doesn't come into it.

Anyone can say "well, let's go out and sign Henry, Essien and Ronaldo. And you're stupid if you say we can't get them". Doesn't mean a single thing.

We're not in a position to actually do it at the moment, and complaining just because not everybody lives in an "everything is perfect" bubble isn't actually going to change that fact.