Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally can't see us signing SWP though - we're not 'high-profile' enough or in a place where he has any ties etc - nice to dream though!

you say that, it wouldnt suprise me if swp speaks to his dad, his dad is a big fan of MoN, maybe 'wrighty' can persuade son number 1 that it would be better for his england chances and for his long term development?

**** Bent...... Randy if you mean business throw the bank and get us Klose and SWP. Yeah Right.

Argh.. how frustrating is it watching Villa.. boring as bat shit.. we created nothing. Petrov is wasted on the wings. Our midfield has no creativity. Strikers cant finish. I cant even remember the last time we scored a goal in general play.

I cant even remember the last time we scored a goal in general play.

At Spurs on Boxing Day KSV. But, I take your point we lack flair, an end product and creativity.

I would like to take Klose & Villa but think Bent & Keane might be more realistic (I know I don't want to be realistic either). I would like to see us go the Spurs way and take Barnes, Davis, Bale & Murray and add Barton and Milner for good measure.

Jesus we are so desparte for players its painful, shame all the clubs we contact will know that as well :(

Chelsea have said they aint loaning SWP out they want to sell him. They are trying to do a swop for Richard's at City but Pearce doesn't want to get rid. Wouldn't be a surprise if that happened in the end mind.

I think they will want 15mill for him but will let him go for 11 to 13 mill.

Paying over the odds for an overrated player but if MON wants him.

We need wingers because wasting Davis out wide left and Petrov out right is cruel and hard to watch. Out of all the players we have listed in this thread very few have been left wingers. I guess it all depends on what formation MON is going for hopefully the next few days will answer some questions.

Winger? Daniel Braaten from Rosenborg. Pace, strenght and good finishing. He is a winger in a team that plays 4-3-3 and will be a hit when he join a Premier League club.

Some Braaten moments:

There are a lot of quality players available. But the question is do we manage to find them.

I would be disappointed if we sign Smith. I think Chinedu Ogbuke (best player that ever has played in the Norwegian league, better than Carew and Solskjær when they were here and WAY better than Mikel, who joined Chelsea) would be a quality signing up front.

Marek Sapara from Rosenborg would also be a quality signing in the midfield.

When I wake up on Jan 1st with a hangover and (maybe a random lovely young lady nxt to me) I want to see Villa all over the tv, having signed a host of quality players, or I will not be happy. Fickle, Impatient....maybe a little.

SWP with lerner's money is realistic. Any player within reason should be. Persuading them to come will be the tricky part but that is down to O Neill and randy to sell their vision for Villa's future.

I want to see SWP, Kieran Richardson, Keane or Bent, Curtis Davis Joey Barton and Luke Young. Don't want much do I!!