Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people worried about who other teams have already signed. So far all of the players have been rubbish bar maybe Larsson and then most would agree he is probably too old, these players that have been signed by other clubs wouldn't improve our squad so what are people getting worried about?

Why are people worried about who other teams have already signed. So far all of the players have been rubbish bar maybe Larsson and then most would agree he is probably too old, these players that have been signed by other clubs wouldn't improve our squad so what are people getting worried about?

I think it's just the fact that player's have already been signed and announced as joining in jan.

Bent 10m

Distin 5m

SWP 10m

There's the 25 m we are supposed to have, who'd be happy with these 3 at this money?

Sorensen

Ridgewell Mellberg Distin Bouma

Barry Petrov McCann SWP

Bent Agbonlahor

Consider Baros gone as early as next week.

GB's Transfer Hope

Gareth Barry is looking for a repeat of the 'Nobby Solano effect' when Martin O'Neill looks to bolster the Villa squad next month.

The transfer-window opens in less than 48 hours, with skipper Barry excited at the prospect on fresh arrivals for the second half of the season.

And he points to the impact Solano made when he joined from Newcastle three seasons ago. The Peruvian quickly became a Holte End favourite as Villa climbed the Premiership table to only narrowly miss out on European football.

Barry told www.avfc.co.uk: "We saw what can happen when you add quality when Nobby came in a few years ago. He was a great signing and he made an immediate impact.

"If we can get a couple of players like that, it can lift every single player and take us on to the next level.

"I'm sure that if the manager can get the quality players in then the players and the fans will be delighted."

Barry continued: "January is an exciting time in football and I'm sure the manager is set for a busy month. He wants to add to the squad and that's something the players will welcome.

"It's always nice for the fans and for the players as well to have new names coming in. Obviously there's a lot of talk this time, with the new chairman and people wanting him to spend his money.

"Hopefully we can have a couple of faces added to the squad to help us finish the season on a high.

"At the same time, the manager will want to get the right men in and not rush into anything with a few panic buys. But the manager's experienced enough to know who he wants."

Clicky

Joey Barton is worth 10M, he will go for 5,5M.

Give him a hefty deal and we got a good player

I'd love Barton at that price. I dont think i'd grumble at spending £10 million.

Whoever said Distin was worth £5 million is wrong imo. His contract is up in the summer, if he tells Man City he wants to leave then they'll take about 1.5-2.5 million to help fund a replacement. It's all down to whether he does want to come here or not. I bet if we do sign him it will be on the last day as he'll wait all window for the offers of moves and free transfers to come in and weigh up the best one.

Found this on fansfc.com Old Trafford star to agree Aston Villa loan move

15:11 12/29/2006

Alan Smith is on his way to Aston Villa Football Club in January, according to rumours in Manchester.

Mail The Aston Villa Journo

Leave A Comment On Our Message Board

Send This Article To A Friend

The former Leeds United striker suffered a horrific leg and ankle injury during an FA Cup tie at Liverpool earlier this year, and although he is now fit again, he has struggled to get into the Manchester United team this term.

Sir Alex Ferguson revealed last month that he is happy to see the player leave Old Trafford in a loan move, despite the 26-year-old saying he would prefer to stay and fight for his place.

However, with Henrik Larsson set for United in January, Smith knows his chances of regular action will suffer a fresh blow, and rumours suggest he is ready to accept a six-month loan stint at Villa.

Meanwhile, Newcastle are poised to make a £5.5m swoop for Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton and offer him a whopping £55,000-a-week salary. (Daily Mirror, Sun, Daily Express)

From the BBC gossip column. IF we let Newcastle take him I'll be well annoyed. He's better than Petrov and McCann.

I see Spuds are sniffing around Ashley Young from Watford for £3m - he'd definately be a decent shout for us considering our current wide players!

I'd also like to see Barton at the club - sure he has obvious issues but he's a battler and can weigh in with the odd goal or two.

But IMO our priority is the right hand side both in midfield and attack, the young RB Stearman from Leicester has impressed me this season and would be worth giving a go.

I personally can't see us signing SWP though - we're not 'high-profile' enough or in a place where he has any ties etc - nice to dream though!

would people be happy with Alan Smith,myself would not be he does work hard . He is a m.o.n player a battler but we need a 20 goal forward not another angel or baros . 6 month loan deal would be ok for this season but if we brought him i can only see 10-12 goals a season in him

would people be happy with Alan Smith,myself would not be he does work hard . He is a m.o.n player a battler but we need a 20 goal forward not another angel or baros . 6 month loan deal would be ok for this season but if we brought him i can only see 10-12 goals a season in him

I'd be happy with him to be honest but agree we need a poacher (a la Dean Saunders probably our last great goal nabber)

He's a good player and could be picked up at a bargain price at this time.

I think he's got enough quality to guarentee 10+ goals, good goals too and has the potential to get far more. But as you say he isnt the 20+ a season striker we crave.

He could bring out the best in Baros of course. Or we could get a new partner for him now or in the summer. Sometimes you have to pick up players when they're available and not miss the opportunity.

I really hope we keep Baros i still have faith he can be a hit , he got about 12 last year and was injured a fair bit . Need another forward with pace are team is so slow, gabby one to watch but still raw. I think Bent would be awesome signing but would baros and him work . The dream partnership would be Keane such a good link up play . Angel needs to be the one sold let Gabby and Luke move forward. 7 million seems fair price for keane

Ronaldo, Beckham and Cassano will apparently be available for cut price deals in January as Cappelo begins his re-building at Real Madrid. *tongue slightly in cheek*

I wouldn't mind any from this list

SWP or Milner

Curtis Davis

Gareth Bale

Kieran Richardson

Ashley Young