Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

i had a dream a few nights back that we had signed stelios from bolton

he would be a decent short term solution if we were struggling to sign the players we want

probably a plan c signing, but hes definatly a more than capable premiership player

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he would be a decent short term solution if we were struggling to sign the players we want

probably a plan c signing, but hes definatly a more than capable premiership player

He would be the ideal type of signing to get us through to the end of the season when we can start restructuring properly.

He would be the ideal signing to get us through to the end of the season when we can start restructuring properly.

I can see what you mean, even if I don't agree with you on this certain player. My question though is, do we really need more short-term solutions? Especially, should we really buy short-term solutions? To get 1 or 2 in on loan, yes, but to buy them? Seems strange to me. A Stelios on a free and at most 2 years, yes, but not to buy him and sign him for more than that. IMO.

My question though is, do we really need more short-term solutions? Especially, should we really buy short-term solutions? To get 1 or 2 in on loan, yes, but to buy them? Seems strange to me. A Stelios on a free and at most 2 years, yes, but not to buy him and sign him for more than that. IMO.

It comes down to what's available. If we can't get the long-term solutions in January, and if short-term people aren't easily available on loan, what then? At the moment, we're struggling even to cover all the positions. We have to get more players, by whatever means possible. If short-term purchases are all that's available, then that's what we will have to do.

My question though is, do we really need more short-term solutions? Especially, should we really buy short-term solutions? To get 1 or 2 in on loan, yes, but to buy them? Seems strange to me. A Stelios on a free and at most 2 years, yes, but not to buy him and sign him for more than that. IMO.

It comes down to what's available. If we can't get the long-term solutions in January, and if short-term people aren't easily available on loan, what then? At the moment, we're struggling even to cover all the positions. We have to get more players, by whatever means possible. If short-term purchases are all that's available, then that's what we will have to do.

That's another good point. :? Let's face it, we're not in the ideal position atm to make perfect signings. :(

The Times and Guardian have both got Fulham down to sign Vincenzo Montello from Roma on loan unril the end of the season. Now he is a good striker and could definatley do a job for us in the short term.

Spot on , this guy is a predator of the highest order

geez Figo is going to sign for a Saudi Arabian side. Why didnt we make an offer? David Dunn going to Blackburn for 2 million... if he could be fit he would be an asset but i guess we have enough of those 'if he stay fit' type players.

The Times and Guardian have both got Fulham down to sign Vincenzo Montello from Roma on loan unril the end of the season. Now he is a good striker and could definatley do a job for us in the short term.

If he was that great I think clubs bigger than Fulham will be looking at him. On top of that its going to take him a season to settle, if at all. Look at Shevchenko.

I heard that Villa are looking at Dica, a Romanian striker who plays for Steaua, and scored 4 goals in the CL for them this season.

Anyone know anything about him?

Look at this...

I think Villa should do their best to grab him quick...we need someone that is sharp in front of goal. You never know if someone is going to be a success, but I can see that Dica do have what it takes to become an instant success at VP.

He is the star at Steaua Bukarest with the number 10 shirt. BUT..he wont be cheap...I would guess around 10 million euro...or even more.

If he was that great I think clubs bigger than Fulham will be looking at him. On top of that its going to take him a season to settle, if at all. Look at Shevchenko.

Probably correct but i'd rather see us taking the gamble now we have some finance behind us than see his vital few goals push Fulham over us.

geez Figo is going to sign for a Saudi Arabian side. Why didnt we make an offer? David Dunn going to Blackburn for 2 million... if he could be fit he would be an asset but i guess we have enough of those 'if he stay fit' type players.

Figo would be on about £80k a week I imagine, slightly over-budget no matter how much money people think we have, he's going there for an easy and very lucrative pay day.

Also David Dunn??? Kept fit??? When was the last time he had a run of games in the first team? I'm sure someone told me the other day he'd been paid £1250 for every minute he'd played for Birmingham in his career. I used to think he was ok, but now he's an injury prone player (and I use the term lightly) who hasn't played well at the top level for about 3 years. So no thanks. I'd be amazed if they picked up £2m for him.

geez Figo is going to sign for a Saudi Arabian side. Why didnt we make an offer?

He isn't going there because it is the best league in the world or for the nightlife! Therefore it is because of the wages they are going to pay him. Athough I can see where you are coming from in one respect, he would be a very expensive option. Obviously I'm guessing but I would reckon he will get paid twice the amount Distin is demanding and is he worth that now? I remember watching another one-time great player in game after game who, despite his declarations in hair product commercials, that "He was worth it", clearly wasn't! Could be that Figo is and would lift us enormously but it's a bit hypothetical now if the deal is done. However, I must say if he was unveiled as a signing I would not complain one bit! In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea!

I heard that Villa are looking at Dica, a Romanian striker who plays for Steaua, and scored 4 goals in the CL for them this season.

Anyone know anything about him?

Look at this...

I think Villa should do their best to grab him quick...we need someone that is sharp in front of goal. You never know if someone is going to be a success, but I can see that Dica do have what it takes to become an instant success at VP.

He is the star at Steaua Bukarest with the number 10 shirt. BUT..he wont be cheap...I would guess around 10 million euro...or even more.

A couple of nice free kicks in there which would be a bonus,but I don't think you can go on video evidence.

I remember seeing a vid of a certain M Baros on here a while back.Looked very talented and industrious........... :winkold: