Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

If you give up on even trying to sign top players because you believe other clubs are "bigger" than us. Then in my eyes you are losers. Have faith in MON, go for it , we just might sign some of these players you think are too good for us.Jam tomorrow. no thanks, I've got more ambition than that. And we've played second fiddle to those scouse, cockney. Mancunian rocket polishers for long enough.

I kind of have to agree with you. Take a look at West Ham and their Marscherano/Tevez signings. Now, those two have far from been a success, and might not ever be at that club, but it shows that it's possible to sign players who are targeted by some of the largest clubs in the world, actually.

On the other hand, a realistic view has to be kept, and I don't think we need to only focus on the massive signings to move forward.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Bent plays for a team totally lacking attacking-power, him scoring 8 goals or whatever is very, very good. Last season he scored

19, including penalties (which takes some credit from him......) but he looks the real deal no matter how you look at him.

Spoken like a true loser. I watched Villa win the big one in 82. If we are ever to compete at this level again we need to act like we mean it. For Christs sake mate we're the second city of Britain ,former champions of Europe, with one of the best managers around. If we can't attract them now we never will. It seems some Villa fans just don't know how big their own club is.

Believe what you like. If you think that the average player is going to choose us over Man Utd or Arsenal at the moment then you are wrong. Simple as that.

We've not been turning up for far too long, and it's not going to be a case of just turning up at the top table and expecting everything to be like it was in the early 1980s. Life doesn't work like that, and there's a lot of work to be done first.

Are average players going to be wanted by the likes of Manure? No, didn't think so. Primarily, players want to play and if they are an improvement on what we already have then they know they'll play, simple!

We already have too many average players and I think O'Neill will attract players of a better quality than the likes of Earnshaw. Darren Bent seems the best choice at the moment!

UTV.

Take a look at West Ham and their Marscherano/Tevez signings. Now, those two have far from been a success, and might not ever be at that club, but it shows that it's possible to sign players who are targeted by some of the largest clubs in the world

If you take a look at West Ham and their Mascherano/Tevez signings, you will find a whole dodgy network of agents, player contracts and dubious registrations designed to make money for a dubious sports agency. And that is something I am very happy to stay a million miles away from.

Spoken like a true loser. I watched Villa win the big one in 82. If we are ever to compete at this level again we need to act like we mean it. For Christs sake mate we're the second city of Britain ,former champions of Europe, with one of the best managers around. If we can't attract them now we never will. It seems some Villa fans just don't know how big their own club is.

Believe what you like. If you think that the average player is going to choose us over Man Utd or Arsenal at the moment then you are wrong. Simple as that.

We've not been turning up for far too long, and it's not going to be a case of just turning up at the top table and expecting everything to be like it was in the early 1980s. Life doesn't work like that, and there's a lot of work to be done first.

Are average players going to be wanted by the likes of Manure? No, didn't think so.

I'm not sure what exactly you're arguing here :?

God help us if our new signings don't produce straight away, I'm sure there are people ready and waiting to rip in on them.

And I'm sure that there will be many more waiting to pounce before they've even played a game because they are not Ronaldinho.

Could be possible.

Bent aint going anywhere, he is captain and scored last night and Pardew would be mad as a hatter to let him go un-happy or not.

Lucas Neill its whe worlds worste kept secret that he is off to Liverplop.

The other i don't know the positions of.

I'm sure City would have something to say about them losing Distin,Barton and Richards don't you.

Jez - seeing as you think that 99.9% of transfers are not possible, why do you continue to post in the transfer rumours and specualtion thread??? :lol:

We have lost players we have wanted to keep in the past, yorke, Southgate, Ehiuogu, Boateng..........all left because, once more money is offered, and they are enticed - you just cant keep them.

For once, I believe, and I may be proved to be wrong, the boot is on the other foot as we have the money to entice players that our 'rivals' don't want to lose.

Would Pardew really turn down 13M to spend on his own players in his quest to keep charlton up?????? really???

Distin WILL go to the highest bidder, and whoever is willing to meet his 50k wage demands.

Barton, if he has a clause, will most probably do likewise.....

Could be possible.

Bent aint going anywhere, he is captain and scored last night and Pardew would be mad as a hatter to let him go un-happy or not.

I'm sure City would have something to say about them losing Distin,Barton and Richards don't you.

We have lost players we have wanted to keep in the past, yorke, Southgate, Ehiuogu, Boateng..........all left because, once more money is offered, and they are enticed - you just cant keep them.

For once, I believe, and I may be proved to be wrong, the boot is on the other foot as we have the money to entice players that our 'rivals' don't want to lose.

Would Pardew really turn down 13M to spend on his own players in his quest to keep charlton up?????? really???

Distin WILL go to the highest bidder, and whoever is willing to meet his 50k wage demands.

got to agree with this, £13 million may be a little too much but certainly £10 million and the djemba twins for bent. £10 million would get charlton 4 championship players. they are going to have to down scale slightly now, like blues did, signing deejay camel when they did. otherwise they are gambling with the whole future of the club, if they go down bent wont go for as much money and they are stuck with players on big money and poor crowds who wont help pay for the wages. they could sign 3 players with the money, and all 3 would be proven quality for the championship, they are going to have to gamble a little as by keeping bent, hasnt done them any good so far this season.

Could be possible.

Jez - seeing as you think that 99.9% of transfers are not possible, why do you continue to post in the transfer rumours and specualtion thread??? :lol:

Not 99% no but a lot and especially in Jan, not so much in the summer.

Pardew would like 10mill i'm sure but who is he gonna spend it on? Nobody will want to go to a almost relegated club well nobody decent.

So they get 10mill to spend on other players right?

When clubs with money struggle, what are clubs with less going to do? Struggle to buy as well.

They could get 10mill and bid for one player once again who good will want to go there? Well why just not sell the original asset in the first place?

Both Pardew and Pearce have sad no chance. Pearce said they don't need the money so won't be selling Richards, infact they are enquiring about SWP. Barton and Distin are possibles i'll give you that.

Would we want to sell Olly for example? No chance every player has his price but i don't think MON would want to spend over the odds imo.

So we bid 13mill for Bent, Charlton they say **** off its gonna take big bucks 20mill for example. Would you want us to spend 20mill on one player just to show the fans we are going somewhere?

I may be wrong we may sign Bent, Distin etc etc.

Its not that i am putting Villa down or think these players wont want to come etc. Its just my opinion that it will be tough to get big name players.

We will most likely see players not playing regularly for their team, solid MON type players o'shea smith etc for example now them type of players i do think we will sign.

Wardle at City said a few weeks ago that if someone offered money in January for Distin and he hadn't signed then he would probably be off. This was just after Pearce said he would let Distin run his contract down rather than sell him.

We will most likely see players not playing regularly for their team, solid MON type players o'shea smith etc for example now them type of players i do think we will sign.

I think you're on the right lines Jez. I am expecting MON to sign "unfancied" players with Prem experience and get a lot more from them than has been seen previously. Players a bit like McCann, if you like, who nobody particularly noticed before.

I'm not terribly excited about this prospect, but it seems to be accepted that this is not the time to get exciting players in.

Not 99% no but a lot and especially in Jan, not so much in the summer.

Pardew would like 10mill i'm sure but who is he gonna spend it on? Nobody will want to go to a almost relegated club well nobody decent.

So they get 10mill to spend on other players right?

When clubs with money struggle, what are clubs with less going to do? Struggle to buy as well.

They could get 10mill and bid for one player once again who good will want to go there? Well why just not sell the original asset in the first place?

Both Pardew and Pearce have sad no chance. Pearce said they don't need the money so won't be selling Richards, infact they are enquiring about SWP. Barton and Distin are possibles i'll give you that.

Would we want to sell Olly for example? No chance every player has his price but i don't think MON would want to spend over the odds imo.

So we bid 13mill for Bent, Charlton they say **** off its gonna take big bucks 20mill for example. Would you want us to spend 20mill on one player just to show the fans we are going somewhere?

I may be wrong we may sign Bent, Distin etc etc.

Its not that i am putting Villa down or think these players wont want to come etc. Its just my opinion that it will be tough to get big name players.

I think, and as Brumiebloke has pointed out, charlton are going to have to be cute during the next few weeks - and Pardew may just decide to begin rebuilding for 'next year in the Chamiponship' now - with the outside hope that he can keep them up.

I think if they adopt a policy of keeping everything as it is in the hope of keeping Premiership survival then they are taking one huge risk.

As it is any money from selling Bent can be spent on enticing players to a Premiership Club. In 6 months time they may recieve the same money for Bent, but it will have to be spent on enticing players to a Championship Club.

Lord knows who they would buy in either instance, but I should think there are loads of decent Championship players that would jump at the chance of playing for Charlton - leaving them in a much better position to come up next season - if they went down.

...and I wouldnt be suprised if Bent has a relegation clause in his contract.

I really think we will be getting Distin.

....and no - I wouldnt want MON to spend anything more than he feels he needs to in order to push the club forward - but how many seasons are the likes of Gareth Barry realistically going to hang around for if the signings dont happen pretty quick?

Wardle at City said a few weeks ago that if someone offered money in January for Distin and he hadn't signed then he would probably be off. This was just after Pearce said he would let Distin run his contract down rather than sell him.

Reported today that he has refused a contract at Man.City as they won't offer him 50k a week - the same figure Middlesbrough baulked at paying at the start of the season.

Question is.......would we?

Middlesbrough used to steal our players on the back of citing 'ambition' (more money) - how nice it would be for things to be in our favour from now on, huh? :D

According to the current bun, Newcastle are preparing to pay £12million pounds for Peter Crouch next week !

:shock:

ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahoohhohohohoh.. cough...ahahahahaha.. splutter..ahahahahahaha..ha.ha ...ha..oh I think I've pissed myself.

:lol: Geordies eh ! :roll: