Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we saw a glimpse of what SWP can do against Reading when he created Drogba's second goal. It would be why, if we did sign him, what we would expect him to do.

But I don't think we'll get him. So it doesn't matter.

I think Defoe is getting a run of games and Jol said what he did in order to put him in the shop window and yield the best price. With his recent form I think £12 million would get him and I for one would be delighted. I think I would rather him to Bent actually.

I think I would rather him to Bent actually.

At the moment I think I would as well, but 2 months ago it would have been the other way around. Now that Defoe is scoring and Bent isn't (tonight notwithstanding) he seems the more attractive proposition.

Still don't think we'll get him though.

agreed. hes already got 12 goals. Probably not as many games.. his goal scoring record is actually quite good. I dont care how much he would cost as long as we get the players we need. Were not run by Ellis anymore.. were not after bargains.. were after quality. Hopefully.

I hear Robert Earnshaw is available for £4M.............. portsmouth are interested, now for me this kid is the best striker outside the premiership and could easily play in the premiership.........(12 league goals in only 15 league starts for baggies proves that) plus hes rapidly fast, works hard, granted not the greatest all round player but for me would be a far greater goalthreat than any of our forwards at present............. and that is what we need, a player who can nick goals and poach in the box........ and hes scored 147 league & cup goals in less than 250 games, thats topclass whatever the level, plus not withstanding 9 international goals in 20caps........... for me if were looking for a striker this las is well worth the punt........

I hear Robert Earnshaw is available for £4M.............. portsmouth are interested, now for me this kid is the best striker outside the premiership and could easily play in the premiership.........(12 league goals in only 15 league starts for baggies proves that) plus hes rapidly fast, works hard, granted not the greatest all round player but for me would be a far greater goalthreat than any of our forwards at present............. and that is what we need, a player who can nick goals and poach in the box........ and hes scored 147 league & cup goals in less than 250 games, thats topclass whatever the level, plus not withstanding 9 international goals in 20caps........... for me if were looking for a striker this las is well worth the punt........

If we are ever to compete with likes of Arsenal,Liverpool,Man. Utd, etc (Chelsea are a different kettle of fish). Then we need to be signing players they would also be interested in. Do you see them queing up for the toothy one ? I thought not, why is that do you think? Defoe and Bent have both been monitored by the big boys. These are the kind of players we need to throw of the small time mentality that Herbert imposed on us for so many years.