Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody wants the players we don't want, we won't sell our first team players as we have no need to, that's the situation I imagine.

Of the players who could get a starting place only Baros would realistically be sold I'd have thought. We don't really need to sell, we need numbers.

Djemba-Djemba to Lille (a club still in the champions league...) was the only one mentioned in the Guardian.

Nobody wants the players we don't want, we won't sell our first team players as we have no need to, that's the situation I imagine.

This is entirely true, but if it's true of us doesn't it also mean we shouldn't be chasing most of the players we've been linked to ?

Bent and Barton £11-12m ? :shock:

Barton has his £5.5m release clause.

Are you looking to get Bent for £6m ??

I'd think a combined fee would be £16 - £20m and possibly more than that if the Geordies get stupid or West Ham feel they've got a point to prove.

SkySports said:

Adrian Boothroyd has rejected bids for Ashley Young, but insists Tottenham have not made an offer for the Watford winger.

Young has been among Watford's most impressive performers since the club secured promotion to the top flight.

Though The Hornets are bottom of the Premiership, Young's displays have caught the eye of several bigger clubs.

Reports have claimed that Spurs will look to lure the England Under 21 international to White Hart Lane in January.

Boothroyd refuted those rumours, but the Watford boss confirmed he has knocked back offers from other clubs.

"Spurs have not made any bids," stated Boothroyd. "I have had bids from other clubs and I have rejected them.

"Ashley is a key part of what we want to do here."

Young recently revealed he would be happy to stay at Vicarage Road, even if the club are relegated back to the Championship at the end of the season

clicky

Do you think that we made a bid for Young????

Good Addition??

Bent will not leave he was loving it yesterday against us , he will stay and fight till end of the season. DeFoe is no way leaving as he has set up a good partnership and is banging them in for spurs. Keane,Smith,Nugent,Davies,Earnshaw,or Eastwood will be are targets .Earnshaw or Keane for me

if pardew gets a good price, and gets a few players in exchange like someone mentioned earlier then pardew will definatly sell him IMO

then bring someone like billy sharpe or zamora/harewood in for a fraction of the money from bent and build the rest of his team