Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

They've made absolutely zero effort to be honest.

I don't imagine Man City players, fans, staff, board etc give a single shit about Villa

Well, they have certainly found almost any excuse to sign our players over the years…

Especially considering they have been able to afford anyone in the world they wanted…

As good as Barry, Milner, Delph and Grealish were for us… they weren’t THAT good

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They've made absolutely zero effort to be honest.

I don't imagine Man City players, fans, staff, board etc give a single shit about Villa

There *might* have been an *element* of that being a factor in 2008. The idea that in the summer of 2021, Man City - having won the league at a canter - felt the need to stop the 'momentum' of the side who finished 11th is just laughable, an embarrassing case of Main Character Syndrome.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, jim said:

Great signing for the Premier League.

What a strange statement. 

For Man City yes but not 19 other teams in the league. If he puts 4 past us next season should we be grateful

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For Man City yes but not 19 other teams in the league. If he puts 4 past us next season should we be grateful

I get it.

The more elite players in the league, the stronger the league is. How crap was the Prem viewed a few years back when no English teams got past the group stages or the CL or the first knockout stage?

The better the league is viewed, the better players the other 19 teams can attract (which means nothing for the top 4-5 who already attract the worlds best, but for the rest of us, it benefits us (until we play city, but then, is Haaland really going to be the difference between us getting something at City or not)).

4 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Dortmund will put that money to good use, they'll just reload and conquer the Bundesliga again.

They've done a really good job of that alright, no title in over a decade now? Seems they have accepted their place as a feeder club. 

Another reason why I wish the scum 6 would f### off to the ESL.

PL football getting closer to the Scottish league in terms of competition.  

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

They've done a really good job of that alright, no title in over a decade now? Seems they have accepted their place as a feeder club. 

Bayern has been on an incredible streak, for sure, but this money will benefit that team tenfold.

11 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Dortmund will put that money to good use, they'll just reload and conquer the Bundesliga again.

They signed Adeyemi to sell in 2024. Fanbase should be fuming about how the club is ran as wasted a great chance

17 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I get it.

The more elite players in the league, the stronger the league is. How crap was the Prem viewed a few years back when no English teams got past the group stages or the CL or the first knockout stage?

The better the league is viewed, the better players the other 19 teams can attract (which means nothing for the top 4-5 who already attract the worlds best, but for the rest of us, it benefits us (until we play city, but then, is Haaland really going to be the difference between us getting something at City or not)).

I still dont get it, its just Sky talk to build up the product.

When La Liga was top dog in early 2010s nobody was queuing up to sign for Betis or Celta Vigo and it became a ridiculous 2 horse race like England now until Simeone showed up 

Edited by Zatman

16 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

£60m offer for Carney Chukwuemeka incoming :D

Hopefully Youssoufa Moukoko can stay fit next season

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Well, they have certainly found almost any excuse to sign our players over the years…

Especially considering they have been able to afford anyone in the world they wanted…

As good as Barry, Milner, Delph and Grealish were for us… they weren’t THAT good

They've signed lots of our players. But in no way was that an effort to destabilise us. Why would they care? They're barely playing the same sport

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

21 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I get it.

People like seeing good players play football.

I would have loved to have seen players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Messi, Figo, Zidane etc playing in the premier league. None of those would have signed for us.

I don't really see what the issue is

Sancho says hi, he was class at Dortmund

I know Haaland has more quality, but who's saying he is gonna be a great in the Premier league, Budesliga is piss poor. It's much harder to score goals in the Prem than any other league, an anyone who has watched him, most of his goals come from bullying the defence, won't be so easy in the prem. All them goals too and they are 2nd in there League.

24 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I get it.

A duopoly does not equate to a strong league. A competitive League  where  everyone has a reasonable chance of a win on any given day would be much more preferable for me at least.

• Like 1

Â