SPECULATION: Pavel Pogrebnyak (Bosman Free)

Villan4Life

• 3 months later...

daily star

Aston Villa and Reading in their bid to sign Russia international Pavel Pogrebnyak.

The London club failed to agree a deal for the striker before he left for Euro 2012.

Pogrebnyak, 28, scored six goals in 12 games last season after joining the Craven Cottage outfit in January on a short-term loan from Stuttgart.

He’s now a free agent and wants to continue in the Premier League, with Paul Lambert’s Villa and top-flight new boys Reading showing an interest.

Pogrebnyak said: “After three or four months, I feel that I have found my place in England and I want to play in this league.

“I feel great desire and strength inside me and my age will not work against me.

“We couldn’t agree anything with Fulham so far but I hope everything will be all right.

“If I don’t play for Fulham I hope to find another

daily mail

Fulham face competition from Aston Villa and Reading in the race to sign Russia striker Pavel Pogrebnyak.

The 28-year-old impressed during a short-term spell at the end of last season, scoring six goals in 12 games after joining from Stuttgart.

But the Craven Cottage outfit were unable to agree a new deal before Euro 2012.

Pogrebnyak, who was unable to prevent Russia crashing out of the competition on Saturday, has made it clear he wants to remain in England.

But Fulham boss Martin Jol will have to go head to head with Paul Lambert's Villa and new boys Reading, according to the Daily Star on Sunday.

Pogrebnyak said: 'After three or four months, I feel that I have found my place in England and I want to play in this league.

Would be very happy with Pavel signed up.

If that we the case - i'd offload Delfouneso (most likely to Sunderland to reunite with MON)

That'd leave us with a combination of Bent, Gabby, Pogrebnyak and Weimmann. A very appealing strikeforce, with the likes of Burke and Drennan making their way through the reserves.

Would much prefer Pogrebnyak to Holt for a number of reasons.

a) He's free.

B) He wouldn't cost approx 1/4 of our (reported) transfer budget.

c) He's younger than Holt.

d) His name is much cooler and would look wicked on the back of our new away kit.

B) He wouldn't cost approx 1/4 of our (reported) transfer budget.
Holt would cost £5m?

West Ham have offered £4.5million, which was turned down, So yes around £5/6million Norwich would want. I don't think Holt is worth it!

He is woeful. His goal scoring record is terrible. 83 goals in over 300 appearances. His strike rate is similar to heskeys.

His 6 in 12 for fulham was a flash in the pan

He is woeful. His goal scoring record is terrible. 83 goals in over 300 appearances. His strike rate is similar to heskeys.

His 6 in 12 for fulham was a flash in the pan

Heskey 546 games-117 goals = 1 goal in every 4.66 games

Pogrebnyak 253 games-83 goals = 1 goal in every 3 games

Not sure about this player

Not a regular goalscorer

In the Premier League he had a pretty damn good record. I'd prefer him as an attacking option to Gabby or Delfouneso and he's on a Bosman.

He's better than players we have, so why not?

Surely if he was that great for Fulham they would have tried to sign him?
Yes, I'm a bit suspicious about why Fulham aren't signing him. I don't think he's a target for us and I'm happy with that.