SPECULATION: Pavel Pogrebnyak (Bosman Free)

Villan4Life

Surely if we learnt one thing from last season, it was that the type of forward we need is someone like Robbie Keane. A link-man who can come deep and spread the play. With Bent basically being a goal hanger, the other forward needs to be able to contribute to the build up. Is Pogrebnyak that sort of player? Not sure.

Surely if we learnt one thing from last season, it was that the type of forward we need is someone like Robbie Keane. A link-man who can come deep and spread the play. With Bent basically being a goal hanger, the other forward needs to be able to contribute to the build up. Is Pogrebnyak that sort of player? Not sure.

Surely under a new manager who will hopefully employ different tactics to the previous incumbent, none of us are really sure what we need?

I think he'll end up at Fulham anyway. Unless the problems they're having at agreeing a contract are severe, I think they'll come to a compromise. No doubt he'll want to live in London and he was on pretty good form at Fulham.

Surely under a new manager who will hopefully employ different tactics to the previous incumbent, none of us are really sure what we need?

Perhaps. But I think if we're looking to pair someone with Bent (ie. play 442) they are going to need to make a fairly significant contribution to the play a bit deeper. I think that's true regardless of how Lambert has us playing in his head.

He isnt good enough, his career has been average except 1 good season at Zenit

He wasnt exactly prolific that season either. his record in the bundesliga is terrible too

Would rather have him than Holt if that was the choice.

Grant Holt would want less wages and would you still prefer pavel if grant holt was available on a free aswell?

Grant Holt isn't on a free tho, Norwich want 4m for him and he's 31 so Pog is a bit younger.

Pretty sure Lambert will want a real physical presence upfront which none of our three have.

At Norwich he had Wilbraham, Chris Martin, Morison and of course Holt, all very physical.