Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

He says that he is hoping to be training with the first team every day now, which I guess is an indication of what Lambert may have told him.

Thank god we have a manager that will want to get the best out of these guys!

His game is more eye-catching than Gardner's. That's the flair and it's easy to like a player of his style. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's potentially a much better player though, but I do have hopes for both of them.

Both different types of players but whenever i have watched Gardner he has never quite lived up to the hype and to be frank i have been disappointed with him while the few cameos i've seen of Carruthers he has instantly made me sit up in my chair and has looked a player right from the off.

Now whether thats down to the difference in player or actual difference in ability we will hopefully find out in the new season. 

Really needs to kick on now, seems to have the talent.

Bit of a wasted year I think last season, if he isn't getting in the 18 loan him out.

I wouldn't necessarily call captaining the youth team to victory in the U19 version of the Champions League, a "wasted" year.  :P

But I know what you mean in regards to first-team opportunities.

with sylla and westwood near enough nailed on for starting places, id like to see a rotation or carruthers, bacuna and gardner for the 3rd placement

What about Delph??? - who to be fair was much improved in the 2nd half of the season

• Like 1

with sylla and westwood near enough nailed on for starting places, id like to see a rotation or carruthers, bacuna and gardner for the 3rd placement

I disagree I think all midfield positions are up for grabs, everyone can and should challenge everyone

I disagree I think all midfield positions are up for grabs, everyone can and should challenge everyone

I'd agree with that. Lambert has made it pretty clear that he's welcoming the competition for places and the head ache of who to pick. No one is going to be an automatic starter in the midfield in my opinion unless of course they're playing really well (which is a given anyway right?)

His game is more eye-catching than Gardner's. That's the flair and it's easy to like a player of his style. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's potentially a much better player though, but I do have hopes for both of them.

Both different types of players but whenever i have watched Gardner he has never quite lived up to the hype and to be frank i have been disappointed with him while the few cameos i've seen of Carruthers he has instantly made me sit up in my chair and has looked a player right from the off.

Now whether thats down to the difference in player or actual difference in ability we will hopefully find out in the new season. 

cant blame Gardner though he only really played under McLeish. Pirlo and Iniesta would struggle with his tactics.

want to see what he can do under Lambert

And monocles.

I think our merchandising department have really missed a trick with Carruthers branded pipes and silk dressing gowns.

And monocles.

Edited by Ghost

Â