What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

I think ultimately it'll depend on what you want from Diablo.

Diablo 3 is a power fantasy in every sense of the word. The gameplay is very fast, the action is very fast, and levelling is very fast. You go from weak to very powerful within 20 hours. The main downsides of Diablo 3 are that its end game is non-existent which forces players to run greater rifts endlessly until they get bored. 

Diablo 4 isn't a power fantasy, I mean, you'll be killing swarms of mobs, but depending on the world tier you'll also be taking plenty of damage in return. Diablo 4 is also a lot slower, and getting to level 100 is said to take the average player well over 100 hours. As someone now at end game (level 53 currently), I can say the games main strength is in its endgame as even at launch the game has 2-3x more content than Diablo 3 had as of last week. So, while the grind is slower and progress is slower in Diablo 4, I feel like players will likely have more fun over a longer amount of time in Diablo 4. 

So, it ultimately comes down to what you want from a Diablo game. Diablo 4 itself is fun, but it's a similar speed to Diablo 2 which might be jarring to those that are used to how Diablo 3 operated. 

Thats great mate thank you fir that in depth info.

What charchter class did you opt for?

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats great mate thank you fir that in depth info.

What charchter class did you opt for?

I went with Sorcerer in the end which has been pretty fun so far. 

Definitely agree with @Daweii re. the difficulty difference to D3.

With D3, if you started on the easiest difficulty, you could pretty much one shot any mob with any class and were very difficult to kill.

The same situation with D4 is a different kettle of fish altogether - you feel very underpowered at first and often get overwhelmed by enemies - personally I quite like the higher challenge as it forces you to be more strategic.

Not looking forward to getting the Hardcore character Trophy though 🫣 😀

32 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I went with Sorcerer in the end which has been pretty fun so far. 

The necromancer was one i used for D3 i am thinking to go with Sorcerer on this one.

I did barbarian on D3 too that was tough as u had to be close to enemies to kill them

9 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Definitely agree with @Daweii re. the difficulty difference to D3.

With D3, if you started on the easiest difficulty, you could pretty much one shot any mob with any class and were very difficult to kill.

The same situation with D4 is a different kettle of fish altogether - you feel very underpowered at first and often get overwhelmed by enemies - personally I quite like the higher challenge as it forces you to be more strategic.

Not looking forward to getting the Hardcore character Trophy though 🫣 😀

Ive pre ordered so will get the code tomorrow when released sounds tougher than last but look forward to it

• Like 1

If you are into PC gaming and City Builders, do yourselves a favour and download the demo of 'Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic' (don't worry, as far as I am aware the developers are Slovakian, not Russian). It's still in Early Access, but totally playable. 

The learning curve is steep, but the intricacy and complexity of the systems involved are insanely deep. As someone on the Steam review page put it 'It makes Cities Skylines look like Clash of Clans'. I absolutely love how detailed it is, but I appreciate that it won't be for everyone, hence why I recommend the demo. I play in 'realistic mode', which basically means that all resources required for building, including wood, gravel, cement, steel, workers, etc have to be collected and moved to building sites, with the right equipment deployed to build. And they take time. Think Cities crossed with the old Settlers games, but realistic, and with 20x the detail. There are working economy, resource acquisition, temperature, weather, physics (water and sewer supplies need a gradient) mechanics (and more). 

Graphics are passable, but not brilliant, but that's not the point. 

Honestly I'm blown away by the amount of work required to create a game like this. Amazing effort, and it's still not in full release yet.  

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The necromancer was one i used for D3 i am thinking to go with Sorcerer on this one.

I did barbarian on D3 too that was tough as u had to be close to enemies to kill them

Ive pre ordered so will get the code tomorrow when released sounds tougher than last but look forward to it

I'll be picking this up after work tomorrow. Really looking forward to this one.

Lies Of P 

The free demo. Just played an hour before i had to pause it to watch the CL final. It really is a Soulsbourne inspired game. Havent played enough to say if it is good,or bad yet. But feels promising. I have only played Sekiro,Bloodborne,and Elden Ring from the From Soft "world"

• 4 weeks later...

Recently replayed Stick of Truth and about to finish replaying Fractured But Whole. Enjoyable but the games breeze by so quickly 

• Like 1

On 06/07/2023 at 21:32, jacketspuds said:

Working my way through the old Lucasarts point and click adventures on my kindle.

Joyous.

Nice.  Ive been putting together a pi400 with Batocera OS to play keyboard/mouse enabled DOS/Amiga/Atari ST games.  Love them SCUMM games

• Like 1

MS Flight Simulator 2020 and Aliens: Dark Descent. Dark Descent is bloody brilliant if you like the early aliens franchise. Atmospheric as he'll, and really enjoyable. 

On 06/07/2023 at 21:32, jacketspuds said:

Working my way through the old Lucasarts point and click adventures on my kindle.

Joyous.

I love those games been looking for a way to play them all again as dont have a set up to be able to use steam. Didnt know could use a kindle to play them

3 hours ago, phily85 said:

I love those games been looking for a way to play them all again as dont have a set up to be able to use steam. Didnt know could use a kindle to play them

Yeah I think I had to get google play installed on there, then the scummvm emulator for the games is just an app on the Google play store.

Obviously I could just download all of the roms from a website because I completely, absolutely, legitimately own physical copies of the games.

• Thanks 1

Started Pokemon arceus

Been 20+ years since I've last played a pokemon game and imo ni no kuni is everything that the series wants to be and is a far better game

So picked up arceus seeing as it has great reviews and sounds like what I want pokemon to be, put about 2 hours in last night

I'll start with it being another game that makes me unsure as to what the switch is, I can excuse the performance if I say its a handheld (that's how I play it to be fair) but I played it thinking I've got no intention of sticking it on my TV because it's just not good enough compared to my ps5, lack of voice acting and pop ups stuff like that

The game itself, the story so far is pish, the landing is too soft, 2 hours in and it's still holding my hand and the gameplay is incredibly basic... So why was I dragging myself off it at midnight last night... Because that damn pokedex is like **** CRACK... Its going to nail that kleptomania that's deep inside the majority of us, I got it because I go on holiday next week, the pokedex says "watch sphynx use the lightning attack 25 times" thats getting unlocked at 4am

• Like 2

I had an absurd game over on FF7 (no, I don't want to talk about it) which stopped my sequential playthrough of the series in it's tracks. 

So, fancying a change of pace, I had a look what I had installed on my PS5 which I hadn't finished, and decided to go back to Days Gone, which I'd played maybe 90 minutes of? 

It's decent. Certainly the kind of change I needed. 

51 minutes ago, hogso said:

I had an absurd game over on FF7 (no, I don't want to talk about it) which stopped my sequential playthrough of the series in it's tracks. 

So, fancying a change of pace, I had a look what I had installed on my PS5 which I hadn't finished, and decided to go back to Days Gone, which I'd played maybe 90 minutes of? 

It's decent. Certainly the kind of change I needed. 

I got the Plat on that not too long ago. Really enjoyed it 👍

I might play it again one day to see what changes they patched in, heard they'd done a good job with it post launch, I played it day 1 and thought it was a good 7.5/10 game that got a bit of an unfair bashing, it's not as good as say GoW or TLOU but that doesn't make it a bad game

Â