What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

surprised you thought that about GTA IV

i thought the story was shocking with instantly forgettable characters, probably the weakest story in any GTA game

Each to their own.

I cared about the story in GTAIV, and thus the characters. There's a part in the game at the end where you have to make a decision and I genuinely struggled because I didn't want something to happen to one of the characters.

I never felt that at all with GTAV. Didn't care for the characters one bit. Franklin was probably the only one I Cared about. Michael and Trevor, especially trevor, were just annoying most of the time.

GTAV is still a much much superior game, in almost every way. But the story, for me, was weak. It was almost too unrealistic (I know that sounds silly seeing as it's GTA)

Anyway, I loved GTA IV. Best GTA by miles up until that point. V surpassed it, obviously.

(FWIW I'd rank SA as the weakest)

Way too much of 'Follow this car for 7 miles' 'Go pick up this person' Zzzzzz.

Ermm...now it was a good few weeks ago now that I finished the single player, but I can remember only a couple of instances of these sorts of mission...? Now you might argue that a couple of occasions is way too much, but if you're referring to the Paparazzi missions then that's just silly because it's literally what they do ^__^;;

Does The Last Of Us have multiplayer? I'm gonna try the game soon.

It does!...but I've never played it.

Edited by hogso

A guy (Bananasauraus Rex) broke the Spelunky world record tonight by accumulating a whopping 3.1m dollars. All done live on Twitch, started out with about 100 viewers to 5k while dodging ghosts to create diamonds out of gems and finally beating hell. Was a really special moment :)

For anyone that's played Spelunky, getting that amount of money on a run is just unthinkable, but he played the run perfectly and took him about 4 hours^^. He never once choked. 

Edited by nobler

Papers Please.

Managed to get myself and my family arrested in my first run - even though I was extra careful with the bribe the terrorists gave me.

I reckon the old man talked so no food or medicine for him in my next game!

Ermm...now it was a good few weeks ago now that I finished the single player, but I can remember only a couple of instances of these sorts of mission...? Now you might argue that a couple of occasions is way too much, but if you're referring to the Paparazzi missions then that's just silly because it's literally what they do ^__^;;

Cant remember but when introducing the 3 people you play with it just seemed the first few missions for each of them were boring.

Its probably just me getting older and not as interested anymore. I couldn't wait for it to come out though.

I think they did a really good job with mission variety on V, compare it to other sandbox games where they're saturated with 'follow this person, kill him when he gets somewhere'. Naturally there will be one or two missions that aren't as exciting as the rest but that's just how games are I think

GTA IV had the least memorable set of missions i've ever had to endure. Tried to play through it again maybe a year ago, lost the will to after 5 hours of being essentially a taxi.

What about the mission where you basically re-enact The Italian Job?

Yeah, that was pretty much the only worthwhile one I thought. The last mission wasn't bad either.

The Ballad of Gay Tony was better than the actual game

I completed The Last of Us a bit earlier and thought it was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. I thought it brought a different - and scarily, more realistic - take on the zombie apocalypse scenario and it looked great, sounded great, played great and was incredibly well scripted and acted throughout the entire thing.

Naughty Dog are brilliant at story writing and kings of the huge set pieces. I can see why this game was a lot of people's GOTY, it probably would have been mine had I played it in 2013.

I loved it. I'll wait a while before I get the Left Behind DLC though I think. Not because I'm sick of it, I just realise that as soon as I'm done with that then it's no more TLoU for a while, or potentially ever. Though saying that an interview on Reddit recently has revealed that it's 50/50 concerning a sequel, so fingers crossed.

They said that they wouldn't make it unless they could make a fresh story and not retread old ground, and I appreciate that they're talking like they don't want to do it to cash in on it. It would be so easy to do just that.

Fortunately I think Naughty Dog are held in such reverence nowadays that no matter what IP they wind up making a game out of, old or new, it will sell a lot because everyone knows it will be excellent and a polished experience.

It must be nice being in that sort of position as a developer. I worked for a company at the opposite end of the spectrum and it wasn't a very pleasant experience most of the time. They just didn't have a clue, and the quality of their games and their sales figures reflected that.

But yeah, TLoU was effin' brilliant - 9.5/10

Edited by Ginko

Naughty Dog have come a long way from making Crash Bandicoot games. I'm sad that being a 360 owner I never got the chance to play any of their PS3 output. I'm still on the fence as to whether I will get a PS4 or an XBox One, though, so maybe if ain't get a PS4 I can stream some Uncharted and Last of Us.

I have currently regressed between ten and twenty years in the games I'm playing. As well as Secret of Mana on IOS, which I mentioned a few pages back, I am playing Dungeon Keeper on PC, Fable Anniversary and have dabbled in Baldur's Gate.

I think Fable is my favourite of the Fable games, and I'm really enjoying playing through again ten years on. The graphics have been updated nicely, retaining the colour and charm of the world, which, in concert with the welcoming familiarity of the theme's strings and flute, makes Albion a glorious place in which to spend a few hours. I'm even considering Playing Fable 2 again after I have finished this one, although with South Park due out this may fall by the wayside.

Renegade X, a successor to Command and Conquer Renegade. It's an RTS/FPS hybrid.

No bullshit RPS leveling mechanics that plague most modern FPS, a huge amount of choice of classes/weapons/vehicles to use,  and no crap tacked on single player campaign, it's just a good old fashioned multiplayer.

It's in open beta right now and even on its release it's staying completely free. Definitely worth checking out.

i think they asked people to vote on TLoU2 or a new IP, not sure how that went, think they could use the setting and do anything they want really, new characters, locations etc

i thought it was brilliant, best story telling in a long long time, the locations were great, slightly flawed gameplay, would like a ps4 game where the huge maps werent actually deceivingly linear (i spent hours exploring for pretty much nothing) and i thought the trophies were poor which in the end stopped me from playing it again and again, but thats looking for flaws and struggling

Cant remember but when introducing the 3 people you play with it just seemed the first few missions for each of them were boring.

Its probably just me getting older and not as interested anymore. I couldn't wait for it to come out though.

The first few missions in a game like that are always going to be more or less tutorial missions to be fair.

Frustrating for a lot of people because we all know more or less how to play.

But I guess they still have to have them

Â