What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

At first I was wondering if I should have had it in Japanese with English sub titles for authenticity and the voice acting was pretty poor.  Then Drippy turned up and justified my decision to have it in English.

• 4 weeks later...

Ni no kuni with anything other than mr drippy as welsh would be weird, strangely had a huge impact on the game, not sure what they did in japan / yankland to create the same effect

The English dub is the English language dub worldwide. If you have a look around international gaming forums online you will find many non-Brits referring to Mr Drippy's wonderful Scottish accent D:

The Japanese version had Drippy with an Osakan accent, which is generally considered to be a bit lairy, or the sort of accent a cheeky chappy would have in Japan, I guess maybe a bit like cockney for us? Many Japanese comedy acts are from Osaka too, hence the stand up routine thing that was going on in the Fairy's village

Mun, that was some game though. In years to come I'm pretty confident I will look back on that as one of my favourites from this century. En't it.

• Like 1

The Wolf Among Us. I think I actually prefer it to The Walking Dead games. It's very stylised and the story with all the fables is a bit more interesting to me than the heavily diluted zombie apocalypse narrative.

I've done Chapter One so I'm onto Two in the next couple of days.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Is Saints Row 2 any good?

The best one imo.

3 was great fun but it just got slightly too daft for me, whereas 2 hit the perfect level of OTT game play.

Sweet. Realised it is in my Origin collection. Will be playing this later. :)

Saints row 2 is an extremely bad port on pc just so you know.

Almost wanna get that goat simulator thing because those games can actually be fun but looking at the vids it looks like there is nothing to it. It seems like a bad tech demo,which it originally was but that`s it?

Almost wanna get infamous second son but I am not sure yet, anyone played it? I am a sucker for those types of games

Bully and Manhunt are both for sale on the PSN for £3.99 each. Never actually played these but always meant to.

Bully is really really properly good. Maybe not quite up to the level of how good a 'cowboy sim' RDR was, but it is a fantastic 'schoolboy sim'. I got it on a Steam sale not long ago, I've heard that the PC version has some problems, but it looks nicer at least.

I have GTA III and Vice City on my new iPhone and they're really good. The controls can get a bit annoying though and the screen's a bit small.

I had GTA III and couldn't get on with it because the driving controls were terrible on a phone.

But Vice City seems to have cured that.

Unfortunately, the shooting controls are now terrible. I'm on a mission at the moment and it's nearly impossible because the shooting controls are crap.

(by the way, in before limpid's "have you got an iphone then?" comment)

Edited by Stevo985

I have GTA III and Vice City on my new iPhone and they're really good. The controls can get a bit annoying though and the screen's a bit small.

I had GTA III and couldn't get on with it because the driving controls were terrible on a phone.

Unfortunately, the shooting controls are now terrible. I'm on a mission at the moment and it's nearly impossible because the shooting controls are crap.

Have you tried the mini helicopter mission at the building site yet? That was impossible for me with a mouse and keyboard, I can't imagine how hard it would be with a phone!

Completed both GTA III and Vice City on my N7.

Trying it on my phone was a frustrating waste of time.

Currently playing Command and Conquer: RED ALERT as the Soviets.

I bought the C&C multipack thing so working through them all in chronological order.

When I'm not doing that I'm still failing at Hearthstone.

Have you tried the mini helicopter mission at the building site yet? That was impossible for me with a mouse and keyboard, I can't imagine how hard it would be with a phone!

I thought exactly the same, assumed it would be impossible, but I nailed it first time on the phone with about 2 minutes to spare!

I felt like when the Angry Video Game Nerd landed the top gun plane with the power glove.

(that's such a niche reference)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â