Protesting News

Mendi

Lads what are the protests about exactly ??

Would you be happier with Mark Hughes who's team did so well at Blackburn today ?

Or MON who's team threw away a home lead against a mediocre arsenal ?

Are you being serious?

That was the FIRST game MON has lost at home with Sunderland.

He has won more games in 11 games than McLeish has managed all season.

In case you have not noticed we have not won a home game in FOUR months!

I'm not in favour of the protests (wrong time) but what on earth are you on about?

That somehow McLeish is not shit because MON and Mark Hughes lost a game today??

:?

Very bizarre post.

Indeed, this is a bizarre post, in fact it is possibly the most ludicrous post in the history of VT.

No, surely not! There have been loads of bizarre posts on VT over the last few years. Hey, I reckon I may have come up with some at sometime or other.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end Lerner employed McLeish on proven premiership experience. Yes he had premiership experience. But its hardly proven being relegated twice. If I was a director of a company and got demoted twice, I don't think I would be given a directors job again especially of a multi million pound company. I'm obviously not 'good enough'.

On a more serious note, I think the time to protest (if there is such a time) is not before the Man City game because it is a game that, dare I say it, we are expected to lose.

I would personally wait to see what transpires over the next bank of four league games after the Man City game as they are all against teams either slightly superior or slightly inferior to us in the league on points as it stands today.

If we don't get at least 6 points from 12 during this period then perhaps it is time for some form of action as the fixtures after Bolton at home look rather daunting given our current form.

I sure no right minded supporter will bother with this!Get behind our team tomorrow don't waste your breath booing a shouting down our own manager and players PLEASE!!

Absolutely this. Its shocking that our players have had to answer questions about it in the build up to this game. I'll maintain what i said at the start of the season, i'll judge him at the end.

This is my appeal to any Villa supporter considering protesting tomorrow.

It is your right to air your veiws / displeasure at the current situation at the club.

Think; what do you aim to achieve? What are the possible positive outcomes?

Will this have any influence on the decision making process of the senior management at the club?

No - why?

In such a relativeley short period of time since the (controversial) appointment the only key factor that will be assessed when considering to continue with the current course of action will be the threat of relegation and the resultant financial consequences. Is this currently likely? Pragmatically speaking; no. We are clear of the relegation zone with some favorable fixtures on the horizon. To simplify this, according to the current odds there are 6 teams judged more likley to be relegated than us and our odds are very distant from the 4 most likely teams to be relegated.

Maybe you think that fan discontent leading to decreasing attendence will be a fator?

Again, no.

Our senior management have set us on a course, a strategy, of transition. AMc currently has a net spend of minus £20 million. Our form, position and stuttering consistency are to be expected during this transition phase, and thus everything that goes along with it, fan dissatisfaction, reducing attendence, will be factored into the strategy. Unless we are seriously threatened with relegation (see point above) we are on track as per our strategy.

At this point we must recognise that these are accepted short term factors. In the longer term, if performances don't improve then the choice of manager will be brought into question. No matter how unpopular AMc is though, if the team is doing well, attendence and revenues will reflect that fact.

As per the issue of attractive football; this is largely irrelevant. Fans want to see success. Success equals increased attendence and revenues (the way that some people talk you'd think Villa have been Barcelona for the ast 5 years!).

As for now, our senior management will know that, ratioanlly speaking, there has not been enough time to judge AMc (as per our strategy) and they have made decision for the medium / long term and will stick to them.

So, I feel it's unlikley that protestors will achieve anything significant towards their objectives (which as far as I can tell have not been clearly stated though I assume they're primarily focused on removing AMc as manager).

So what are the potential negative consequences of protesting?

1. Most important - pressure on the team. The whole point of being a supporter is to support the team. Whilst positivity can lift a team and cause it to over perform, negativity will almost certainly cause it to under perform - even when directed from a vocal minority. So you must consider whether your actions are worth the likelyhood of having a detrimental affect on the team.

2. The reputation of Villa fans - we are already seen as fickle and this will not help our cause. This is already being discussed in the national media. Think about how the reputation of Blackburn fans has suffered; we don't have half as much to moan about as they do! Whether you like it or not (or even care) this will reflect badly on Aston Villa's fans. It will be a repeat of the summer fallout where our fans were made to look a national laughing stock.

So if you want to protest tomorrow, just reflect on whether where we are as a club and the potential impact on our reputation is worth it. Supporting a club should be a selfless taks, are you really thinking about the club or yourself?

I would never deny the right to free speech, but I am very much anti the protests and what they might mean for our club and will have no problem telling that to any protesters I see tomorrow

It is your right to air your veiws / displeasure at the current situation at the club.

Will this have any influence on the decision making process of the senior management at the club?

No - why?

In such a relativeley short period of time since the (controversial) appointment the only key factor that will be assessed when considering to continue with the current course of action will be the threat of relegation and the resultant financial consequences. Is this currently likely? Pragmatically speaking; no. We are clear of the relegation zone with some favorable fixtures on the horizon. To simplify this, according to the current odds there are 6 teams judged more likley to be relegated than us and our odds are very distant from the 4 most likely teams to be relegated.

Maybe you think that fan discontent leading to decreasing attendence will be a fator?

Again, no.

Our senior management have set us on a course, a strategy, of transition. AMc currently has a net spend of minus £20 million. Our form, position and stuttering consistency are to be expected during this transition phase, and thus everything that goes along with it, fan dissatisfaction, reducing attendence, will be factored into the strategy. Unless we are seriously threatened with relegation (see point above) we are on track as per our strategy.

At this point we must recognise that these are accepted short term factors. In the longer term, if performances don't improve then the choice of manager will be brought into question. No matter how unpopular AMc is though, if the team is doing well, attendence and revenues will reflect that fact.

As per the issue of attractive football; this is largely irrelevant. Fans want to see success. Success equals increased attendence and revenues (the way that some people talk you'd think Villa have been Barcelona for the ast 5 years!).

As for now, our senior management will know that, ratioanlly speaking, there has not been enough time to judge AMc (as per our strategy) and they have made decision for the medium / long term and will stick to them.

So, I feel it's unlikley that protestors will achieve anything significant towards their objectives (which as far as I can tell have not been clearly stated though I assume they're primarily focused on removing AMc as manager).

1. Most important - pressure on the team. The whole point of being a supporter is to support the team. Whilst positivity can lift a team and cause it to over perform, negativity will almost certainly cause it to under perform - even when directed from a vocal minority. So you must consider whether your actions are worth the likelyhood of having a detrimental affect on the team.

2. The reputation of Villa fans - we are already seen as fickle and this will not help our cause. This is already being discussed in the national media. Think about how the reputation of Blackburn fans has suffered; we don't have half as much to moan about as they do! Whether you like it or not (or even care) this will reflect badly on Aston Villa's fans. It will be a repeat of the summer fallout where our fans were made to look a national laughing stock.

So if you want to protest tomorrow, just reflect on whether where we are as a club and the potential impact on our reputation is worth it. Supporting a club should be a selfless taks, are you really thinking about the club or yourself?

I would never deny the right to free speech, but I am very much anti the protests and what they might mean for our club and will have no problem telling that to any protesters I see tomorrow

great post I have to say! Don't agree with it though and stated my reasons in prior posts on this thread. Doing nothing means you are accepting the situation and accepting potential consequences and that's your choice, some of us are not prepared to accept that that's our choice.

Some of your arguments I don't agree with.....doing the protest is also a selfless task as well because we know it will hurt the reputation slightly of Aston Villa but we are doing this for the long term benefit of the club. One step backwards to move two steps forward.

Accepting the current situation for me means I am not really supporting the club as the welfare of the club is being hurt by this current manager and as a supporter I must act now to stop this continuing. While you may not agree with me this is my feelings on the subject. Doing nothing I feel I am not truly supporting the club as I'm letting the welfare of my club decline and I'm not doing anything to stop that.

Oh well, not long to go now to see exactly what this "protest" amounts to and exactly how embarrassing it will be to be a Villa fan at 6pm tomorrow.

I think it may grow bigger tomorrow when random fans start joining in.

On a more serious note, I think the time to protest (if there is such a time) is not before the Man City game because it is a game that, dare I say it, we are expected to lose.

I would personally wait to see what transpires over the next bank of four league games after the Man City game as they are all against teams either slightly superior or slightly inferior to us in the league on points as it stands today.

If we don't get at least 6 points from 12 during this period then perhaps it is time for some form of action as the fixtures after Bolton at home look rather daunting given our current form.

Agree.

Depsite my criticisms of McLeish a protest tomorrow is completely wrong time .

Mantis, can you honestly say that Mcliesh's previous role has not (at the very least) sped up embarrasing shite like this.

Really, those protesting - fill ya boots. Go and make an arse of yourselves. Because no one with half a brain has a clue what on earth your protesting about. If its because your unhappy with whats happening at AVFC then football is NOT the sport for you - neither is any competitve sport foir that matter.

Of course his previous role has contributed BUT not necessarily the fact that it was at SHA. It is more that he has served up the same crap in his previous role. He has proven that he cannot manage at this level before he came here and he continues to prove this so well!

If you, as a supposed Villa fan that posts regularly on here, don't have a clue why people are protesting then I think it is probably you that has half or brain. You could disagree and that is your right but to say that you don't understand why people are protesting suggests that you do not bother to read anybody else's posts.

No - why?

Again, no.

Is that you Paul?? :-)

Mantis, can you honestly say that Mcliesh's previous role has not (at the very least) sped up embarrasing shite like this.

Really, those protesting - fill ya boots. Go and make an arse of yourselves. Because no one with half a brain has a clue what on earth your protesting about. If its because your unhappy with whats happening at AVFC then football is NOT the sport for you - neither is any competitve sport foir that matter.

Of course his previous role has contributed BUT not necessarily the fact that it was at SHA. It is more that he has served up the same crap in his previous role. He has proven that he cannot manage at this level before he came here and he continues to prove this so well!

If you, as a supposed Villa fan that posts regularly on here, don't have a clue why people are protesting then I think it is probably you that has half or brain. You could disagree and that is your right but to say that you don't understand why people are protesting suggests that you do not bother to read anybody else's posts.

Wel ive got a few ideas why people want to protest but there just silly reasons.

A manager who the fans don't like? - yep, thats part of football.

A manager who is not performing very well? - yep thats part of football

A team thats not performing very well? - yep thats part of football

A club cutting costs? - yep thats part of football

All these things are part of the game. Like always, many teams are currently suffering from them. OTherwise English football wouldnt be a competitive environment.

Nobody wants to be suffering from them, everyone always wants better but its certainly not a god given right for AVFC to be immune from it. For me, the protestors will be just people who cant take the downs of football.

Wel ive got a few ideas why people want to protest but there just silly reasons.

All these things are part of the game. Like always, many teams are currently suffering from them. OTherwise English football wouldnt be a competitive environment.

Nobody wants to be suffering from them, everyone always wants better but its certainly not a god given right for AVFC to be immune from it. For me, the protestors will be just people who cant take the downs of football.

We do not believe in this current management team to perform in the best interests of Aston Villa Football Club.

The rest is irrelevant.

I'm sorry but when did you decide who the fans like and dislike? I actually like AM as a person despite being against his appointment. Given what hes had to do I think he's performing ok. Yes it's not good enough but has the season finished?

A team not performing? Maybe you should listen to givens interview, are you protesting against the team?

Club cutting costs? I thought The country was in recession? They're doing what most businesses are doing!

I'm sorry but when did you decide who the fans like and dislike? I actually like AM as a person despite being against his appointment. Given what hes had to do I think he's performing ok. Yes it's not good enough but has the season finished?

A team not performing? Maybe you should listen to givens interview, are you protesting against the team?

Club cutting costs? I thought The country was in recession? They're doing what most businesses are doing!

I think you have miss understood my post

We do not believe in this current management team to perform in the best interests of Aston Villa Football Club.

The rest is irrelevant.

OK, fair enough - have you got a reason that isnt part n parcel of the game and that doesnt occurs regularly throughout world football? A reason that actually requires a protest?

You see I actually think Blackburn fans have a reason to protest, however they seem to be protesting about Steve Kean (who is part of the game). The role played by Jerome Anderson (and I only know a small amount about it) is actually something I wouldnt call part of football and I would understand protests about that - not that i would protest btw.

The rest is irrelevant.

OK, fair enough - have you got a reason that isnt part n parcel of the game and that doesnt occurs regularly throughout world football? A reason that actually requires a protest?

You see I actually think Blackburn fans have a reason to protest, however they seem to be protesting about Steve Kean (which is part of the game). The role played by Jerome Anderson (and I only know a small amount about it) is actually something I wouldnt call part of football and I would understand protests about that - not that i would protest btw.

So that I dont unecesserily repeat myself, I have given plenty of reasons in this thread and the AMc thread without going over old ground.

The main one though, is what I posted just above.

Put simply, not good enough.

Put simply, not good enough.

Why??

Why is it that you are so certain that what is currently happening is NOT good enough.

I have been a villa fan for 20 years. I am yet to see anything that suggests we should be immune to whats happening which indeed is something that has happened to almost every team in the whole of english football since Ive been a fan

Â