Relegation - Merged

Amo69

For us to go down, none of the following can happen.

1/ Stoke City beat QPR

2/ Man City beat QPR

3/ WBA beat Bolton

4/ Stoke City beat Bolton

5/ Tottenham beat Villa

6/ Norwich City beat Villa

If any one of the above things from 1-4 or the reverse of 5-6 does happen, we’re safe.

Equally, if one of the below happens we’re down.

1/ We fail to equal or better QPR’s result against Stoke.

2/ We fail to equal or better QPR’s result against Man City (who I should add have only dropped two points at home all season.

3/ We fail to equal or better Bolton’s result against WBA.

4/ We fail to equal or better Bolton’s result against Stoke.

This is why we’re 22/1 against going down.

It’s also why you never see a bookie on a bike.

How on earth are we down if we fail to equal or better QPR's result against Stoke?

Does QPR getting a better result than us mean that they will get 4 points and The final game of the season is deemed void?

Literally, all 4 of the things you have to listed have to happen for us to go down. Thats why were 22/1

1/ Stoke City beat QPR

2/ Man City beat QPR

3/ WBA beat Bolton

4/ Stoke City beat Bolton

5/ Tottenham beat Villa

6/ Norwich City beat Villa

If any one of the above things from 1-4 or the reverse of 5-6 does happen, we’re safe.

Equally, if one of the below happens we SURVIVE

1/ We equal or better QPR’s result against Stoke.

2/ We equal or better QPR’s result against Man City (who I should add have only dropped two points at home all season.

3/ We equal or better Bolton’s result against WBA.

4/ We equal or better Bolton’s result against Stoke.

Apologies.... Edited

Im with ya :thumb:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I know they have been great lately, Wigan still need to get points from a hurting Blackburn, and if they don't get that they are right in it again - needing to win over Wolves. It can never be a good feeling that you need a result in the last game.

Good post Pongotastic.

Some places are now offering 26/29-1 for us to go down! Wigan's odds are slightly lower though, despite them having an easier run in...

Also, by their odds, Blackburn are already gone, and it's just scrap between QPR and Bolton, with QPR the more likely of the two.

Let's face it, if we did go down it would be the biggest relegation in premiership history. A team that has been premier league ever presents and battling for 4th not so long ago. The biggest club in the second city...

At least we can boast that we were the biggest ever team to get relegated from the prem.

Let's face it, if we did go down it would be the biggest relegation in premiership history. A team that has been premier league ever presents and battling for 4th not so long ago. The biggest club in the second city...

At least we can boast that we were the biggest ever team to get relegated from the prem.

Leeds United might have something to say about that.

Newcastle United as well.

2 things. Firstly, I genuinely believe that we are a bigger club than they are and, secondly, their demise was expected with all the money they spunked up the wall on trying to get into the champions league.

Newcastle? You're having a laugh?

So we're safe then. Thank fook for that eh. Looking forward to next season now, cant be no worse than this!

We said that at the end of last season.

My money is on bolton to slip down. Think west brom will beat them and qpr will beat stoke.

Yeah but... HAVE THEY WON THE EUROPEAN CUP? :hooray:

Newcastle did apparently however it has ever since been subject to a massive UEFA cover up and swept under the carpet

2 things. Firstly, I genuinely believe that we are a bigger club than they are and, secondly, their demise was expected with all the money they spunked up the wall on trying to get into the champions league.

good thing we never did tha... oh

I lol'd. But then ...

522232d1317010357-newbie-question-about-new-watch-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I'm not looking forward to next season. I fully expect us to be a relegation favourite and spend the majority of the season in the bottom six, whoever is in charge. It's likely we'll have an even smaller squad; there's no way we'll replace the out of contract players, player for player, then add to it.

I'm trying to be as positive as possible but unless we get random investment from somewhere else, we're stuck with the kids plus a few extras for the time being. Let's hope a new manager can use them more effectively.

good thing we never did tha... oh

:lol:

My thoughts exactly.

I think Blackburn have been completely wrote off a little too prematurely. If they beat Wigan, who granted are playing with such confidence at the minute, but I think Blackburn will fire themselves up for it and win, Wigan's form has to come to an end sooner or later, they're shit and there's a reason why they are below us. If they beat Wigan say 2-0, and QPR lose against Stoke say 1-0, Blackburn's goal difference is then only 2 worse then QPR's, which means they could go to Chelsea, lose 2-0, and still stay up if City put 5 past QPR, and Bolton don't pick up another point.

I know its all 'ifs' and 'buts', but I think there are so many unpredictable scenarios at this stage of the season that nothing is a guarantee, and so I'm not completely celebrating being safe just yet.

I definitely don't want to go into the last game of the season level on points with both Bolton and QPR, it'll be torture at Norwich