Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Until I read the last few pages tonight I was quietly confident (if that's the right word) that we would be ok. You've all got me nervous now. I won't sleep now. Bastards :x :x

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If either Bolton or QPR lose this weekend we are safe, regardless of how we perform in the last two games. Calm down people, one of them will **** up...

Everyone is slightly jumping the gun saying we are safe!

This could easily happen:

Sunday

QPR beat Stoke, and Bolton beat West Borm. We lose to Spurs. We are all equal on points (villa above on goal difference)

Next Sunday (13th May)

QPR draw with Man City (after City lose at Newcastle and can’t win title, so don’t try), Bolton draw against Stoke. Villa lose at Norwich

Villa go down!

Unlikely, but it’s a little bit early to be opening the champagne from where I’m sitting!

Make your mind up about the probability! I think the "unlikely" judgment is the right one.

You are wrong to argue that Man C could go into the QPR game with no chance of winning the title.

Oh I’m sorry briny_ear if you couldn’t understand! Yes, while I did say easily and then unlikely, what I meant was that it is still possible that we could go down, and wouldn’t be a complete freak set of results.

Yes, it is unlikely but much stranger things have happen in the Premiership. I personally don’t think its nailed on certainty.

If you want me to make it any more basic for you I can try and write it phonetically.

Leaving aside your rather heavy-handed attempts at sarcasm, will you at least acknowledge that a key assumption in your "unlikely but easily possible" scenario - that Man C could go into the QPR game with no chance of winning the title - is simply wrong?

Well,I am quietly confident that we WILL stay up.

Bolton Vs Blackburn is a 6 pointer but tbh Bolton are crap ( they play better football than us but they are still crap ) and QPR have a horror fixture list.I think Wigan will finish above us and we will finish17th.And that is as close to relegation as I want to go.Actually,I don"t want to go that close ever again.

QPR draw with Man City (after City lose at Newcastle and can’t win title, so don’t try)

City losing at Newcastle and picking up at a point at QPR could easily happen? If City really struggled this badly to pick up points, they'd be going down!

Everyone is slightly jumping the gun saying we are safe!

Sunday

QPR beat Stoke, and Bolton beat West Borm. We lose to Spurs. We are all equal on points (villa above on goal difference)

Next Sunday (13th May)

QPR draw with Man City (after City lose at Newcastle and can’t win title, so don’t try), Bolton draw against Stoke. Villa lose at Norwich

Villa go down!

Unlikely, but it’s a little bit early to be opening the champagne from where I’m sitting!

Make your mind up about the probability! I think the "unlikely" judgment is the right one.

You are wrong to argue that Man C could go into the QPR game with no chance of winning the title.

Oh I’m sorry briny_ear if you couldn’t understand! Yes, while I did say easily and then unlikely, what I meant was that it is still possible that we could go down, and wouldn’t be a complete freak set of results.

Yes, it is unlikely but much stranger things have happen in the Premiership. I personally don’t think its nailed on certainty.

If you want me to make it any more basic for you I can try and write it phonetically.

Leaving aside your rather heavy-handed attempts at sarcasm, will you at least acknowledge that a key assumption in your "unlikely but easily possible" scenario - that Man C could go into the QPR game with no chance of winning the title - is simply wrong?

Fine I’ll give you that, although I think it was fairly clear what I was trying to say, even if it was slightly contradictory. A United victory coupled with a City loss, would almost hand United the title. This would then be compounded if United scored some early goals against Sunderland.

Thanks for calling my sarcasm ‘heavy handed’, I forgot so many pseudo-intellectuals hang out on Villatalk. What are you some comedy critic? Your obviously a real laugh, that’s for sure.

on the other hand, swansea could do united while man city spank the arse off newcastle. meaning that man city will already have won the title and have no motivation against qpr who get a point after beating stoke at home....

...meaning we go down.

Thanks for calling my sarcasm ‘heavy handed’, I forgot so many pseudo-intellectuals hang out on Villatalk. What are you some comedy critic? Your obviously a real laugh, that’s for sure.

Oh dear.

well if they already had the title in the bag i'd say qpr woudl have a lto more motivation for the game than them, their minds would already be on the lap of honour and lifting the trophy.

we need a couple of points at least to be sure, it's tragic we're talking about how we can stay up and not get another point all season! point against the spuds woudl be very **** handy indeed