Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for calling my sarcasm ‘heavy handed’, I forgot so many pseudo-intellectuals hang out on Villatalk. What are you some comedy critic? Your obviously a real laugh, that’s for sure.

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed. It appears for Gabby0878 that the only way to come back from a post full of bullshit is to follow it up with one full of abuse.

If we get one single point from our remaining two games, both Bolton and QPR have to win both of theirs for us to go down. It ain't gonna happen. If one of them passes is it will be a shock, if both pass us, it would be a **** miracle.

There is a reason the bookies are giving us odds upwards of 20-1 for relegation.

Thanks for calling my sarcasm ‘heavy handed’, I forgot so many pseudo-intellectuals hang out on Villatalk. What are you some comedy critic? Your obviously a real laugh, that’s for sure.

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed. It appears for Gabby0878 that the only way to come back from a post full of bullshit is to follow it up with one full of abuse.

If we get one single point from our remaining two games, both Bolton and QPR have to win both of theirs for us to go down. It ain't gonna happen. If one of them passes is it will be a shock, if both pass us, it would be a **** miracle.

There is a reason the bookies are giving us odds upwards of 20-1 for relegation.

Yup it would take something short of a miracle for us to go down in all honesty imho...

Cant wait until this thread closes to many manic depressives on here,no wonder the drug companies are so rich...

You might have to wait quite a time then. Even if we are mathmatically safe at the end of the Spurs game whilst AMC is at the club relegation is a subject that will be on everyones mind. I don't see how the thread can be locked until we are safe, AMC has been got rid off and a successor appointed who has the goods to keep us up next year.

Imagine Steve Bruce being appoainted next.......

Yours a drug addled manic depressive.

Whilst it may not have been worded all that eloquently the scenario Gabby 0878 puts forward isn't totally impossible

I can easily see us being level on points with QPR & Bolton come Sunday night

I can't see QPR winning at City , but then I couldn't see us Winning at Chelsea , Wigan beating Man (and Arsenal and liverpool) so ultimately we have to beat Norwich (or Spurs) and not have to worry / rely on other teams

Both QPR and Bolton HAVE to take four points from their six available. I cannot see this happening. Equally, I can see Villa collecting a point at Norwich on the last day as players start to put out their deck chairs. We are by no means safe at all but a very small part of me is quite excited by it all. What will be will be. I am massively fed up with the fact that we are in a relegation scrap but with the expert in charge, what did I expect? I see no reason why Villa would change their minds over Roberto Martinez. In fact, his stock will have risen over the last season. I reckon he'll take it this time if offered the chance.

No not safe yet at all.. What scares me is the last day lottery effect & it's all geared up for being still wide open on the last day thats for sure..

Praying for a Stoke or WBA or by some miracle Villa win on Saturday to finish it before then as one thing is for sure..If it goes to the last day anything is possible as teams will know that if they can somehow win they will probably stay up..They will be very tough games for Man City & Stoke thats for sure!

"It's still in our hands" said Mcleish

Maybe, but that doesn't mean we dont have to rely on others, as we quite obviously have to

we dont actually

if we win both our games we stay up no matter what anyone else does, that's the very definition of "in our hands". it only becomes out of our hands when it's possible for us to finish in the relegation zone no matter what the results of our remaining fixtures

Why does it seem that people think that QPR and BOLTON will suddenly become world beaters on the last game of the season and IF thats they both win their games at the weekend.

Why does it seem that people think that QPR and BOLTON will suddenly become world beaters on the last game of the season and IF thats they both win their games at the weekend.

A few weeks a go people were saying the same about Wigan. Football is a funny ol' game where anything can happen, I'm not feeling totally comfortable with our current situation.

so if city draw/lose vs newcastle on sunday they will give up vs QPR?

really cant see it, after watching them vs chelsea i cant see anything other than QPR losing by around 5

I agree but for some reason others think that QPR will become one of the best teams in Europe overnight ;-)

really cant see it, after watching them vs chelsea i cant see anything other than QPR losing by around 5

I agree but for some reason others think that QPR will become one of the best teams in Europe overnight ;-)

might be city have already won the title though before the last day. at very best it's tempting fate to say that it's impossible that qprwill get a point at the etihad...

no one is saying that...i'm just hating the pure assumptions that city are going to beat qpr and we will be fine. yes they probably will...but its 11vs11 on a one off game and by my predictions qpr only need a point to keep them up and send us down. MUCH stranger things have happened

But you are all assuming that QPR will become world beaters and if so why cannnot Villa get a point at Norwich who equally have nothing to play for and are weaker team than Man Citys reserve team and who are better than QPR.

The truth is there is much more of chance of us getting a point at Norwich than QPR getting one at City it's that simple and thats taking into account QPR beating Stoke and us lsoing against Spurs which for some reason most think its a forgone conclusion.

You see how weak the QPR argument becomes ? but yes there is a very small chance but seriously i think theres no chance.

Whilst it may not have been worded all that eloquently the scenario Gabby 0878 puts forward isn't totally impossible

I can easily see us being level on points with QPR & Bolton come Sunday night

I can't see QPR winning at City , but then I couldn't see us Winning at Chelsea , Wigan beating Man (and Arsenal and liverpool) so ultimately we have to beat Norwich (or Spurs) and not have to worry / rely on other teams

Thank you Tonyh29, that’s all I was trying to say! While I got slightly carried away and contradicted myself, I didn’t think I warranted briny’s heavy handed response.

Don’t worry, will go back to non-posting again!

There has been a theme running through this thread since the first page, in which people identify a remote possibility (Villa getting very few if any points from their remaining matches, while three out of five of our relegation rivals suddenly start picking up loads of points, including against the top 6 sides who are scrapping amongst each other for top 4 places) and leap to the assumption that it is almost certain to happen.

Sorry Gabby0878, but your post just happened to demonstrate that tendency very clearly, so I highlighted it.

I've been clear from the start that, although the possibilty of relegation is very unlikely, McLeish is so awful a manager that he will take us damned close to it. And so he has. And indeed, he still might get us there.

But it will still require an extraordinary turn of events, probably including QPR beating Man C on the last day of the season. Stranger things have happened but that isn't any justification for saying it could easily happen.

The shame is that with a little more positive football earlier in the season, we could have scraped an extra 3 or 4 points from the 36 matches we have played so far and we would be clear of relegation worries.

There has been a theme running through this thread since the first page, in which people identify a remote possibility (Villa getting very few if any points from their remaining matches, while three out of five of our relegation rivals suddenly start picking up loads of points, including against the top 6 sides who are scrapping amongst each other for top 4 places) and leap to the assumption that it is almost certain to happen.

Sorry Gabby0878, but your post just happened to demonstrate that tendency very clearly, so I highlighted it.

I've been clear from the start that, although the possibilty of relegation is very unlikely, McLeish is so awful a manager that he will take us damned close to it. And so he has. And indeed, he still might get us there.

But it will still require an extraordinary turn of events, probably including QPR beating Man C on the last day of the season. Stranger things have happened but that isn't any justification for saying it could easily happen.

The shame is that with a little more positive football earlier in the season, we could have scraped an extra 3 or 4 points from the 36 matches we have played so far and we would be clear of relegation worries.

i think that about sums it up. we havent generally all watched a whole load of qpr / bolton matches this season where as we have been subjected to dire avfc football all season therefore we are so full of negativity that we are fearing (and sometimes assuming) the worst - even though it is obviously unlikely. all my mates say to me when i say i am resigned to relegation that we are not going down and that we are best placed to avoid the drop out of all teams involved...so that is how other fans percieve us, its just that we see the glass half empty after watching such negative football all season.