Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Blackburn can't catch us but they can stay up. It actually benefits us if they win out because it'll mean Wigan have dropped points in the process.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am less convinced than I was this time last week that we will get relegated (if that helps)

:lol: Kinda. At least you're going in the right direction!

Two teams need 4 points to relegate us, that's assuming we also lose both games.

Bolton need 4 off Stoke and WBA

QPR need 4 off Stoke and City

Simple as. FWIW I think Stoke shouldn't lose either. For those saying Stoke aren't bothered, they looked damn bothered vs Arsenal and Everton.

Two teams need 4 points to relegate us, that's assuming we also lose both games.

Bolton need 4 off Stoke and WBA

QPR need 4 off Stoke and City

Simple as. FWIW I think Stoke shouldn't lose either. For those saying Stoke aren't bothered, they looked damn bothered vs Arsenal and Everton.

And Hughes has a well established history of riling Pulis and Mancini. They won't be in charitable mood.

Me too last Wednesday for the first time in my life I genuinely thought we were on our way to Championship and if the league were one game longer we probably still would be.

However I think we will get one more point this season - and that means Bolton and QPR both have to win both games which I cant see happening.

It is essential though that we get that point because I can easily see both of them getting 4 points. Football is mental remember.

What is scaring me is if we lose on Sunday and they both win. Then Norwich, the week leading up to it and life in general is going to be pretty shitty...

Wonder if our game at Norwich will be live on sky ??
I just hope Lambert gets into the right dugout!! It might get confusing around that time :P

Wonder if our game at Norwich will be live on sky ??

Doubt it. It'll be City v QPR on one channel and United v Sunderland on t'other.

I seem to remember them having a multi-channel of all the relevant games i.e. relegation ones too. So y'never know.

Aye, there's that. QPR are a poor poor side though, and Man City have one of the best squads assembled the PL has ever seen. They're at home (taken 52 points from 54) and QPR are away. (2 wins all season?)

Surely you can't cock that one up City. if you do, I hope United win the title.

sky do a red button on the final day.

id imagine 1 channel will have man city/qpr the other utd/sunderland and then red button for the 2 relegation fixtures

Sad to say it but I can't see us getting much from the spurs game apart from some more injuries going into the final match. With it being entirely possible qpr beat stoke at home the last game's going to be very nerve wracking even if it is highly unlikely they'll get anything from city.

A very conceivable outcome could be that this weekend will see:

Newcastle v Man City - Draw

Villa v Spurs - Away Win

QPR v Stoke - Home Win

Bolton v Albion - Home Win

Man Utd v Swansea - Home Win

Wolves v Everton - Away Win

Blackburn v Wigan - Draw

That would leave Man City having to beat QPR on the last day whilst hoping that Man Utd draw or lose at Sunderland.

The bottom of the table would then look like this before kick off on 13th May:

Wigan - 38 pts

Villa - 37 pts

QPR - 37 pts

--------------------------

Bolton - 37 pts

Blackburn - 32 pts ®

Wolves - 24 pts ®

The relegation battle would then hinge on the outcomes of:

Man City v QPR

Norwich v Villa

Stoke v Bolton

Wigan v Wolves

Wigan being the only home team amongst the group, and also being fortunate enough to be playing Wolves, should have no problem surviving.

For the rest of us it could be a bumpy ride!