Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible, we could still go down. But - now we have that buffer with GD. QPR could beat Stoke 1-0 and as long as they lose to City, we're fine. Ideally we want to beat Spurs but I reckon best we hope for is a draw. If QPR draw and we match it, we're basically fine. Unless we got pounded by Norwich/QPR stun City. Neither of which I hope will happen. Comes down to this weekend really. Beat QPRs result, we're safe. Or hope Bolton lose their next two games. THEN we're safe then too.

How the hell can people be confident we will stay up? We were lucky to get a draw with WBA, yes lucky. With McLeish in charge the chance of us getting another win is very small, we should consider ourselves fortunate to get 1 point from Norwich.

Wigan and Bolton are now looking menacing and QPR's form is better than ours. The idea of any two of them putting together a mini run and overtaking us is not unlikely at all, they have good managers.

Dont get arrogant like Blues did last year. We can go down and have a high probability with McLeish than without.

He needs to be sacked NOW to give us a chance

There is almost no chance we're going down. Let's be honest. I've said this all along, even after the Bolton game, I never really saw us going down with Blackburn and QPR's run-ins.

I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 17th, but any lower is just not going to happen! QPR will get hammered by Man City on the last game of the season. I can't believe how much everyone was panicking - we've been awful yes, but were never going down.

Now we're safe, we might as well get behind the team (and Mcleish) for the last couple of games and let Randy make a decision in the summer.

Looking at Predictor and assuming Blackburn down and leaving it between us and QPR for 18th spot, if we lost to Spuds but QPR also lost to Stoke we could be looking at 3 point gap plus a ridiculous goal difference seperating us before the last game even kicks off.

How the hell can people be confident we will stay up? We were lucky to get a draw with WBA, yes lucky. With McLeish in charge the chance of us getting another win is very small, we should consider ourselves fortunate to get 1 point from Norwich.

Wigan and Bolton are now looking menacing and QPR's form is better than ours. The idea of any two of them putting together a mini run and overtaking us is not unlikely at all, they have good managers.

Dont get arrogant like Blues did last year. We can go down and have a high probability with McLeish than without.

if you're so adamant at looking at how much better qpr's form is than ours, it's worth noting that only man city have lost less games away from home than us this season - so we're probably fairly nailed on for a point at norwich

this "sack him now to give us a chance" stuff is ridiculous. you're going on about form, yet city have dropped a grand total of 2 points at their place. two points. over the whole season. and you're shitting yourself coz you think qpr who are dodgy as **** away will turn them over?

if you're so adamant at looking at how much better qpr's form is than ours, it's worth noting that only man city have lost less games away from home than us this season - so we're probably fairly nailed on for a point at norwich

this "sack him now to give us a chance" stuff is ridiculous. you're going on about form, yet city have dropped a grand total of 2 points at their place. two points. over the whole season. and you're shitting yourself coz you think qpr who are dodgy as **** away will turn them over?

And you are sat there happily confident in McLeishes ability to get us points and avoid relegation.

This "give him till the end of the season" bollocks is ridiculous. Why? What do we gain?

He needs to be sacked now, not in a few weeks.

Get your head out of the sand, he is a shit manager (but a decent bloke) who is more than capable of relegating us. Why on earth would you want him in charge for one more game, let alone two.

How is qpr's form better than ours?

Sure they may win a few more but they also get their bums spanked with far more regularity. We are far more likely to draw than win or lose.

people forget that despite the Bolton loss, we are far more likely to gain a draw away to Norwich than for QPR to gain 3 points at city.

Yes it is still possible we will go down, but I don't think "easily" is the correct description. We see more likely to stay up than go down and it would take some pretty eyebrow raising stuff to get us down.

And you are sat there happily confident in McLeishes ability to get us points and avoid relegation.

i think a half price toaster could keep us up at this point

This "give him till the end of the season" bollocks is ridiculous. Why? What do we gain?

He needs to be sacked now, not in a few weeks.

i agree, sack him now that we're safe so that we don't have another poisoned atmosphere at a home game again for a long time. it's in everyone's best interests. the fans, the players, the board and mcleish himself

Get your head out of the sand, he is a shit manager (but a decent bloke) who is more than capable of relegating us. Why on earth would you want him in charge for one more game, let alone two.

my head isn't in any sand. you're blindly reckoning that just because alex mcleish is our manager, qpr will get something against city. they won't and because of that they won't pass us, and we won't go down

i agree, sack him now that we're safe so that we don't have another poisoned atmosphere at a home game again for a long time. it's in everyone's best interests. the fans, the players, the board and mcleish himself

well we can agree on this bit at least 8)

Three matches ago, it was said by some that they couldn't see us getting a point, we've got two since then, there's no reason at all why we can't get more either, we might even cause some shocks ourselves now the pressure is of, we might actually win a game

You ask QPR fans which set of fixtures would they have and it would be ours! I love how people think Spurs will hammer us but Bolton will get a point! One thing I noticed about QPR they are abysmal defensively, wouldn't surprise if they choke next week!

call me superstitious but cant help but think all this 'were definitely staying up' and 'qpr are definitely losing at city' is jinxing things somewhat...relegation threatened teams can pull all kinds of results out when they're fighting. look at west ham v man utd a few years back

IF we lose to the spuds and qpr win, along with bolton picking up points. it definitely sets up a nervy last day. if stoke do us a favour though we can be safe before the last day even kicks off.

i wouldn't be going out on a limb and saying we are definitely going down or staying up. either could happen still and our form is terrible.

call me superstitious but cant help but think all this 'were definitely staying up' and 'qpr are definitely losing at city' is jinxing things somewhat...relegation threatened teams can pull all kinds of results out when they're fighting. look at west ham v man utd a few years back

Exactly funny things happen in run ins - teams you thought were gone can pull out a shocker. I'm not in the 'we're doomed' camp but no one can saw we're safe until we are actually safe. Especially with this clown in charge!