Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So could Wigan in Theory but i doubt it very much...

I doubt it very much too as Wigan are on form and play Blackburn and Wolves in the last two games - they do look as good as safe. Us, on the other hand, don't look like we could buy a win at the moment.

Granted we might not even need another win to stay up and this weekends results have gone our way, but I'm still astonished at some of our fans' attitudes towards our predicament. Anyone would think we've pulled clear into mid-table at the last minute like last season. The simple fact is we are still in the thick of it and as we all should know, football is a funny old game, anything can happen.

We could easily still go down. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we lose our next two - QPR beat Stoke and then will all of you be so confident if they trail City 1-0 with 10 minutes to go? I think not. An equaliser, and we'd be toast.

Never in the field of human conflict has so much shit been spoken by so many to so few.

MOTD still think we could go down, because we could.

It's a pretty big story if we do, so why would they not find it interesting? Three years ago we were laughing at the Geordies, and the media had a goldmine of stories.

So could Wigan & Bolton never mind QPR but we are talking matter of odds and thats why the bookies are offering 20-1 but i like your saying

"Never in the field of human conflict has so much shit been spoken by so many to so few"

You must of got that from the noses ?

Villa&Loyal is correct. Some people in this thread suffering from Sky Sport short sightedness syndrome.

OMGZ QPR WILL NEVA BEET MAN CITY DEY HAVE TEVEZ AND SERGIOOOO !!!!!!111

Clowns.

We need to win one of these matches, even 2 draws could not be enough.

Put your money where your mouth is and get your 20-1 if your so confident like the other mugs on here...

I am so confident we are stopping up £100 to VT if we dont like i said a long time ago on this thread.

Villa&Loyal is correct. Some people in this thread suffering from Sky Sport short sightedness syndrome.

OMGZ QPR WILL NEVA BEET MAN CITY DEY HAVE TEVEZ AND SERGIOOOO !!!!!!111

Clowns.

We need to win one of these matches, even 2 draws could not be enough.

No-one is saying that, so not only are you incredibly condescending, but you're wrong too.

What people are saying is that it's unlikely QPR will get anything from the game at the Etihad because of Man City's incredible home form combined with QPR's very poor away form. You can throw in the fact that Man City have a vastly superior squad if you like, it only supports the claim that they will beat QPR though.

Whereas I still don't even think QPR could beat City even if they didn't have the Premier League title at stake, I still would be a lot more comfortable if City beat United tomorrow so that they really have something to play for just in case they do get lax knowing they've finished second before their final game. Even so though, City at home, last day of the season, they'd want to give their supporters a good send off either way.

Hopefully we get some points from our game against Spurs and the results go in our favour so we can be pretty sure we're stopping up since 18th is as low as we can finish after today. Fingers crossed.

Put your money where your mouth is and get your 20-1 if your so confident like the other mugs on here...

I am so confident we are stopping up £100 to VT if we dont like i said a long time ago on this thread.

So because I've stated a fact, that we could easily still go down, that makes myself and others a "mug"? Christ, grow up will you.

If you're "so confident" I would suggest you've been watching a different team to me this season...

No "we could easily go down" thats why we are 20 to **** 1 to go down the odds are in our favour and stacked heavily against QPR big time...

You also need to read the thread properly before shooting your mouth off!

I said the mugs are the people who have wasted their money on betting us to go down would of been better off donating to "Cycle for Petrov" than giving it the bookies imho.

The football is shocking and if were not for bent earlier in the season i would hate to see where we would be now but is that not for most great strikers for most football clubs ? but i have managed to "keep the faith" but only just.

I doubt it very much too as Wigan are on form and play Blackburn and Wolves in the last two games - they do look as good as safe. Us, on the other hand, don't look like we could buy a win at the moment.

Granted we might not even need another win to stay up and this weekends results have gone our way, but I'm still astonished at some of our fans' attitudes towards our predicament. Anyone would think we've pulled clear into mid-table at the last minute like last season. The simple fact is we are still in the thick of it and as we all should know, football is a funny old game, anything can happen.

We could easily still go down. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we lose our next two - QPR beat Stoke and then will all of you be so confident if they trail City 1-0 with 10 minutes to go? I think not. An equaliser, and we'd be toast.

You know Bolton and Wigan are between us and QPR as well, and with worse GD?

I can understand both perspectives:

One that thinks the worst (current form of our team and the previous form of our current manager, seeing us play at Villa Park leading to a belief that we are the worst team in the division, a belief that the hit & miss form of all our rivals is bound to be a hit for them in their remaining games).

The other one that thinks it's now very, very unlikely (other poor teams have to do well in tricky games and/or we may pick up an unexpected point or two such as on Saturday, the bookies odds of 20-1 are telling us it's highly unlikely).

Personally I think it's just 'unlikely'. I'd put it at 10-1 against. Part of me thinks I should take up the bookies apparent generosity and have an 'insurance' bet; the other part of me thinks it will be a waste of cash! :?

I am fully aware of that thanks. What's your point?

I can understand both perspectives:

One that thinks the worst (current form of our team and the previous form of our current manager, seeing us play at Villa Park leading to a belief that we are the worst team in the division, a belief that the hit & miss form of all our rivals is bound to be a hit for them in their remaining games).

The other one that thinks it's now very, very unlikely (other poor teams have to do well in tricky games and/or we may pick up an unexpected point or two such as on Saturday, the bookies odds of 20-1 are telling us it's highly unlikely).

Personally I think it's just 'unlikely'. I'd put it at 10-1 against. Part of me thinks I should take up the bookies apparent generosity and have an 'insurance' bet; the other part of me thinks it will be a waste of cash! :?

Save your cash and "Keep The Faith" or donate it to "Pedal for Petrov"

I am fully aware of that thanks. What's your point?

That your scenario wouldn't mean we were toast unless Bolton got 4 more points