Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QPR and Blackburn to go down..... as someones already said QPR away at Man City last day of the season....... 16 wins and 1 draw at home so far for Man City, hopefully City will thrash them lol.

When Spurs rip us a new arse on 6th May it will be squeaky bum time on 13th May.

Not really as we would still have the goal difference advantage.

Goal difference only has an impact if we finish level on points with someone. There is still a strong possibility (with the fixtures to come and quite feasible outcomes) that we will be level on points with QPR and 1 point behind Bolton and Wigan come the last game of the season meaning that we will be mindful of results elsewhere as well as at Carrow Road.

When Spurs rip us a new arse on 6th May it will be squeaky bum time on 13th May.

Goal difference only has an impact if we finish level on points with someone. There is still a strong possibility (with the fixtures to come and quite feasible outcomes) that we will be level on points with QPR and 1 point behind Bolton and Wigan come the last game of the season meaning that we will be mindful of results elsewhere as well as at Carrow Road.

Wigan are safe in my view.... they've got Wolves last day of the season, that's pretty much a guaranteed win for them.

Wigan are safe in my view.... they've got Wolves last day of the season, that's pretty much a guaranteed win for them.

I think Wigan are safer than us but I don't think they are safe. My prediction for the league table going into the last game (taken from my earlier posting):

15th Wigan - 38 pts

16th Bolton - 38 pts

17th Villa - 37 pts

18th QPR - 37 pts

19th Blackburn - already relegated

20th Wolves - already relegated

^^^ Agreed ..

Today was absolutely massive for us & this weekend could barely have gone much better for us & at such a crucial time..It could easily have gone the other way too so a huge ...PHEW!!

However! I really do not like the idea of going to Norwich still not knowing & potentially needing a result of sorts..Purely as i remember the monumental Co*k up at Spurs by McCleish on the last day.

Lets be honest here..The last day is a complete lottery & i do not fancy buying a ticket for it with our managers previous results in such lotteries!!

Just imagine it goes to the last day & we hear at half time Man City have had a player sent off & QPR are 1-0 up from the resultant penalty!!

Not a situation i want to experience!

So i hope that Spurs do Bolton & Stoke beat QPR to finish it....Or we somehow fluke a win against Spurs!

Nearly there but not quite! The scenario's that would finish it before final day shoot out are:

1.Stoke win at QPR or We beat Spurs We are safe!

Or

2.Stoke Draw at QPR & We draw with Spurs we are safe!

or

3. Bolton lose to Spurs & West Brom we are safe!

or

4. Bolton draw 1 & lose 1 from their next 2 & we draw with Spurs this would also put us safe!

Me too CI, think QPR could get a win.

My first concern is what team will Chelsea field ?

Second concern, anything 50/50 tackle wise I can see Chelsea players pulling out

I honestly can see QPR getting something from the game

I then see spurs smashing Blackburn now top 4 is on again and coming to villa park next Sunday back in the groove

Tool

Second concern, anything 50/50 tackle wise I can see Chelsea players pulling out

I then see spurs smashing Blackburn now top 4 is on again and coming to villa park next Sunday back in the groove

Tool

Go bed dozy dingo

We need a point from our last 2 games. There's no way on earth QPR will win both their remaining fixtures, which they will need to do if we get to 38 points as our GD is much better than theirs.

Come on Villa. Grind out another draw next weekend and I will sleep easy.

Tool

Go bed dozy dingo

Its time to get up in Melbourne :)