Relegation - Merged

Amo69

bloody hell is my thread still going. I got laughed at when I started it back in January. FWIW I think we'll stay up because other teams are so bad this year. But personally I think if we did go down the owners would deserve it for the way they have treated fans. I think the best thing that could happen right now is Heskey getting injured. At least then we will have 11 players each game. (not that I blame him. For other problems but managers team choice Isnt helping the cause)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i am still worried i really am..

It was plain to see that we would struggle to get many points from the run of fixtures which are just starting..

We are sadly back as no hopers against the top 4 (apart from the odd result against Chelsea although i fear they will wreak revenge at ours next week)..This i thought we had moved on from, or were at least in the process of doing so... But no. We are fodder & nothing more for the top 7 or 8 sides as it stands as was clearly proven today against Arsenal.

I have to say i have remained concerned despite the "apparant" poor form of those teams below us unlike many posters on here who casually seem to think we are home & dry... I disagree.

Wigan are playing well & have just won at Anfield.

Bolton will now want to stay up for Muamba & will give 110% from now on in..again as proven today with their win. We also have yet to play them so for me that is the season defining game now.

QPR.. Well i do think they may struggle but if they get as much luck as they did against Liverpool the other night then they also could pick up points.

Wolves... I think they are probably doomed.

Blackburn have by far the easiest run in of all of us & can easily get enough points to overtake us.

So yes i am very worried indeed especially after the pathetic effort against Arsenal today & the state of our horrendous run in & all of this with injuries & lack of form affecting a lot of our "best" players.

I'm just glad Wiemann bagged that goal against Fulham, he was good when he came on today and he seems to have a striker's instinct which the squad sorely lacks in the absence of Bent. Surely even McLeish must now see he should start next week.

We'll go to Liverpool and get hammered knowing our luck, the bin dippers will at last find some decent home form, bloody scouse gits...

First of all. The leafs suck.

Second...You say 'knowing our luck'...we will get hammered.

It has nothing to do with luck. If we were a decent side and playing well it would be unlucky to lose to Liverpool yes.

But

We play to draw and often to only lose by 1 or 2 goals. If we lose to Liverpool it wont be because of bad luck, it will be because our manager never had any intention of winning that game.

I think another 3 points should still be enough but who would have gone for that Wigan result? So we might need as many points as Small Heath got in going down to stay up but that is the worst case scenario and I hope we do not, as 36 points seems a big target on current form. But, on the bright side I do not think many of us expected anything at Arsenal so we need to get something from home games against Bolton, Sunderland and Stoke for example or we will really be staying up due to the poor quality of the teams around us.

QPR have a terrible run in and now without Cisse for 4 of them!

Wolves look poor. Doomed really.

Wigan had what I call a 'Wigan' result today, luck. They will no doubt lose their next game.

Bolton will be up for every game because of Muamba? Come on! They will win because they want to stay up. They got Wolves next and have a 'decent' run in but still have to play Spurs, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke and Newcastle. Oh and us!

The end of a season is always littered with freak results

It's plain to see, with the exception of wolves the other bottom teams have all started to get results

We need 40 points to stay up

Looking at our current form, the fixtures to come, I honestly don't see us winning a single game for the rest of the season. We might manage a draw or two, but will it really be enough to stay up? When we beat Fulham I was certain we'd stay up, but with Wigan, Bolton, QPR, Blackburn all winning games lately, it changes everything.

Going down - but the club has nobody but themselves to blame. They appointed Alex 'The Relegator' McLeish. Perhaps if they had done their research, and not written the disappointment at his appointment as anti-Birmingham City tosh then it might have been different.

He's here to stay - even should we go down. We can't afford to get rid and we've already started to sign rubbish for next season to replace the rubbish going.

We will go down. But I've gone past the anger and frustration - even the laughter stage at how bad as a team and the attitude shown by the manager is. It's just very sad.

We'll go to Liverpool and get hammered knowing our luck, the bin dippers will at last find some decent home form, bloody scouse gits...

First of all. The leafs suck.

Second...You say 'knowing our luck'...we will get hammered.

It has nothing to do with luck. If we were a decent side and playing well it would be unlucky to lose to Liverpool yes.

But

We play to draw and often to only lose by 1 or 2 goals. If we lose to Liverpool it wont be because of bad luck, it will be because our manager never had any intention of winning that game.

Yep I know the Leafs suck, secondly I was only saying "knowing our luck" in jest as I know it will be because McLeish is tactically inept and we just aren't good enough at the moment, jeez I really put myself through it with the two teams I support don't I but I wouldn't change either of them for the world....

To be honest, a season in The Championship would probably be more fun than this

I don't think getting back up will be easy and certainly not a given that we would only be there for a season.

We're not going to be relegated, but the fact this is even a discussion is depressing.

The scale of collapse in two seasons is staggering.

This. Bloody hell, I swear some people can't see the table or something.

We won't go down so people need to stop going on about it.