Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Went to VP yesterday with my 2 lads to get the kit. We walked away with having ordered an away shirt for me and my eldest whilst the youngest bought the home kit. Both kits get a massive thumbs up from us and i was initially sceptical when it was announced we'd switched manufacturer to Macron. The quality of the material puts Nike to shame.

I have to say i'm chuffed with the training tops too. I usually buy 3 or 4 of these over the course of the season and in fairness to Nike they have normally excelled in that aspect. However Macron have at least matched or perhaps even surpassed them enough to also entice us into buying one each of these.

The icing on the cake was hearing PL address the fans. There's no doubt in my mind he will turn the team around and VP will be rocking again.

We walked away feeling so very positive and optimistic about the coming season, I can't wait for the fixtures to be published tomorrow!

Does it still say Pride Of Birmingham on the reverse side of the crest?

Nah that was Nikes little add on to all their kits for the past two seasons for all their teams. Think they have stopped it now.

So Arsenal had Pride of London and Man U had Pride of Manchester?

I was hoping the club had adopted it as a little motto :)

Hang on, people talking about "tucking in the collars" ??

What a massive compromise

How is it a compromise?

In the sense that people are actively hiding one of the main features

Strikes me that a good few people don't like that detail

How is it a compromise?

I personally think its fantastic that people actually get the choice?

How is it a compromise?

Or, maybe its clever design so that you have the option of collar or no collar?

Bit like a reversible jacket?

How is it a compromise?

Not at all, it's just a case of giving people more choice. You jump to way to many conclusions.

Fellow fat bastards, hows the shirt hang over the beer guts and man tits? I'm hoping better than the skin tight Nike kits.

They're quite a bit more stretchy, so you are in luck!These kits are certainly favourable to those with a bigger build than the previous nike ones.

Ok fair enough , but can anyone advise with the collar tucked in

Does it affect the comfort around the neck ?

Tucked the collar in last night and wore it for a few hours and didn't even know it was there. Looks pretty good with the collar tucked in too.

Tucked the collar in last night and wore it for a few hours and didn't even know it was there. Looks pretty good with the collar tucked in too.

Ok well that's a positive, wonder if the players will tuck in

I've tucked collars in before but it's been a bit uncomfortable around the neck

The new macron kits are a huge step up from Nike. I think they are much better quality. All Nike do is produce bollocks quality and get away with it by sticking a swoosh on which seems to fool most people. Glad we finished with them, they were shit.

Was at the launch yesterday, some good bands by the way :winkold: Have to say i liked the long sleeved top better than the short & it does look much better with the PL badges in my opinion... Was a little unsure at first glance as it looked kind of "unbalanced" but then realised the ones i was looking at didn't have the GENTING logo on nor the PL badges as they were the ones for kids. Have to say when i realised that the Macron logo on the shoulders was actually light blue to match the sleeves & saw the fully fledged kit with Pl stickers & Genting logo it did look much more well balanced & actually quite nice... The more i saw the away strip though the more it grew on me.. Very slick & should be a real eye catcher in the kind of electric yellow/lime green.. Did only see it on the large posters however so guess the jury is still out on that one.

Overall great day despite the rain & was great to go on the mini tour & be able to actually touch the European Cup too!!.. Shame someone nicked Carlos Cuellars top from the dressing room mind! The guide was not happy!

They look OK. They're certainly not a disaster but they're hardly inspiring and the fit looks pretty poor if you're slim. I have a retro kit and only buy the new ones if I'm really impressed. I'd have got last years away shirt if it wasn't associated with such a dire season, but this year I think I'll give it a miss.

what difference does it make ?

you don't like it so wont be buying it

What was the point in adding the white border to the badge?

Makes it look much worse :|

The claret border was fine.

Did you mention this when Nike did it last year? Personally, I like it, makes the crest stand out more.

The only thing I'm not sure about and is a minor niggle is the claret band on the collar doesnt line up quite right.

Â