Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Where did you get your info from regarding the link between brand and merchandise turnover?

well lets look at distribution, who has the biggest distribution network?

who is the largest sports merchendise company in the world?

which sports merchendise company has the best sales in the world?

are any of the answers nike?

are any of those answers macron?

if you have any facts and figures which disagree with my thoughts that going with a company which is most likely outsold by style by jeremy kyle..lonsdale, will generate more income, or will out sell nike, or the extra clothing range will outsell nikes?

please let me know.

i am going on common sense, the worlds biggest sports brand who can launch a product in all the major cities across the world and have aston villa shirts on the wall in new york, tokyo, sydney and other rather big places, is clearly going shift more merchendise than a company whose biggest orders in this country are from none league clubs and only other large club is one in the same country they Are from.

Ok, and how much good has any of that actually done us ? For all the marketing power, and brand recognition, have Nike kits significantly outsold the kits of Hummel or Diadora ?

I would guess not.

Do we know the value of the current Nike deal ? I expect financially the Macron deal is better, and let's say it's better by £1M a season, you would need to sell a lot of shirts in Tokyo, Hong Kong, New York etc to make up for tat.

I'm not excited by Macron, but what I will say is this, two years ago I did not see any teams in Macron kits, suddenly I see a lot of teams In them, and clearly they are delighted to have Aston Villa for next season, as they've put us first on their list of English clubs.

The Nike deal was never going to be lucrative, as far as I'm aware Bob Kain called in a favour to even get them interested, with Macron its likely we will be a priority, and that must be a good thing.

If we had to go for a smaller brand, I'd have preferred us to have had a kit by Lotto, but I'm certain the club have goe with who they felt was best (in all aspects).

Were all arguing over something that may not happen, once macron reveal the design of the kit we cant really say for sure can we.

It may be a step backwards but as much as we wish it we arent barcelona/man utd etc... so we arent going to have a custom kit every year and id rather not have a generic teamwear top just so we could stay with them.

Yes nike are world leaders at what they do but the fact is that we had our kits very late into the season two years running, we had qc problems and the biggest thing for me was the utter contempt nike seemingly had for us dirty little peasant upstarts daring to question them, when we should be content at even being on their radar at all.

Bollocks to them.

Macron arent the best no, they arent the worst either but it looks like they want to supply our gear and want to impress so lets wait and see what they offer up first.

Yes they make shite training gear but as I only ever buy the replica shirt anyway that doesnt bother me, its the shirt that matters and while they make average kits for average teams (leeds/millwall etc...) they do make decent kits for the better teams (napoli/monaco/wet spam etc..) on their list as shown in this very topic.

So lets wait and see first instead of swiping at each other over something that has not happened yet.

Where did you get your info from regarding the link between brand and merchandise turnover?

if you have any facts and figures which disagree with my thoughts that going with a company which is most likely outsold by style by jeremy kyle..lonsdale, will generate more income, or will out sell nike, or the extra clothing range will outsell nikes?

please let me know.

i am going on common sense, the worlds biggest sports brand who can launch a product in all the major cities across the world and have aston villa shirts on the wall in new york, tokyo, sydney and other rather big places, is clearly going shift more merchendise than a company whose biggest orders in this country are from none league clubs and only other large club is one in the same country they Are from.

Ok, and how much good has any of that actually done us ? For all the marketing power, and brand recognition, have Nike kits significantly outsold the kits of Hummel or Diadora ?

I would guess not.

Do we know the value of the current Nike deal ? I expect financially the Macron deal is better, and let's say it's better by £1M a season, you would need to sell a lot of shirts in Tokyo, Hong Kong, New York etc to make up for tat.

I'm not excited by Macron, but what I will say is this, two years ago I did not see any teams in Macron kits, suddenly I see a lot of teams In them, and clearly they are delighted to have Aston Villa for next season, as they've put us first on their list of English clubs.

The Nike deal was never going to be lucrative, as far as I'm aware Bob Kain called in a favour to even get them interested, with Macron its likely we will be a priority, and that must be a good thing.

If we had to go for a smaller brand, I'd have preferred us to have had a kit by Lotto, but I'm certain the club have goe with who they felt was best (in all aspects).

Yeah, did our Nike merchandise sell relatively well? If so can that be attributed to the brand, or was it due to relative on field success? I'm not too sure that the link is that clear but I think it's who's in the shirt that really matters.

My personal view is that it would be nice if we chose our kit maker based on ethics above all else. Was a bit weird having Acorns on the Nike kit.

None of the big brands have ethics issues any more. Those days are long gone, and Nike are now one of the most ethical companies in the world.

I would guess not.

I have no facts to back this up, but I reckon they probably have actually.

please let me know.

I would guess not.

i think your missing the point.

if you are a company wanting to sponsor aston villa and know nike are the brand next to your name, you are going to have the worlds best,on a logo, next to your brand.

you attract maximum revenue through sponsorship and that is just on the shirt.

you have some small time manufacturers with no track record of success and no involvement with success and not a top brand, as an advertiser are you going to pay the same amount of money to have your brand next to macron?

i would guess not.

nike easily made the best aston villa 'casual' range, tops i normally wouldnt be seen dead in, but the nike designs were simple classic designs with a small villa branding on most, so the mrs wouldnt complain if i was out in one while we went shopping or moan our son was wearing football stuff all the time.

so aston villa the brand was being promoted on smart casual polo shirts and the like. other kids see the top and then see a footy team on there and want one.

i had 6 or 7 kids at my sons party the other year asking where i got the tops from because they all wanted one.

well potentially that is 6 or 7 new fans from the devon area.

so it is not as black and white as shirt - £25 profit

it is the bigger picture that needs to be appreciated, the vaule of the club name, the extra revenue it will lose by changing shirts.

im suprised people think macron will give a flying **** about aston villa and treat them as though they are the lord and master, they will see it as an average premier league club cutting costs and going for their cheap ass shirts.

when merchendise is significantly lower than under nike, mecron will treat us as Nike have, not as a priority.

under the worlds biggest and best sports brand name we were small fry reaping the benefits of the association with NIke

there are no benefits of being associated with macron.

if we were rolling in money then i wouldnt care less as funds would not be an issue, however it has been mentioned several times by the club that funds ARE an issue.

so why do something which clearly will reduce our funds significantly, with merchendise ( which i believe is not a huge part of it) or most importantly potential for advertising and club associations with successful business.

nothing villa related and **** all to do with macron and so on but mat letissier who was one of the best forwards not to play for a big club, turned down a move to spurzz due to the clingy material as it would make him look as fat as he was. he wanted to move but all down to the kit they had, wouldnt move there.

as i say nothing villa or macron related but it is kit related.

nothing villa related and **** all to do with macron and so on but mat letissier who was one of the best forwards not to play for a big club, turned down a move to spurzz due to the clingy material as it would make him look as fat as he was. he wanted to move but all down to the kit they had, wouldnt move there.

That's the biggest load of tosh I've ever seen.

Here's a quote from the man himself:

"I had a few offers to join other clubs over the years: Chelsea, Liverpool, Monaco and Bordeaux," he recalled, "and they were all tempting but the closest I got was moving to Spurs. I was about to get married and my then fiancee said she didn't fancy moving to London so I had a think about it and pulled out of the move.

http://www.orange.co.uk/sport/football/22711.htm

Anyway, I'm not particularly thrilled about Macron but it's happening so let's just wait and see what they do and base whether we'll buy their products when we've seen them yes? As for the big sponsorships who will only want to be associated with us if we have Nike printed on the shirt, well so far (excluding acorns of course) we've had 32Red, FxPro and now Genting, none of which I had ever heard of, and we'll continue to use Genting as far as I'm aware so that's really not a problem at the moment.

There is no way that is true.

Â