Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

oh my god, that was terrible, only to be expected, hoofball xtreme live on espn

he wont even try and play football against the joint 4 th worst team in the whole league

well done the villa fans for turning up for more punishment on the eye

i hope at full time the st johns abulance give out free neck braces

Ah well, at least we are winning and whilst even if it was Wembley we wouldn't be passing the ball, its not as if it's possible on that pitch.

The bizarre Ireland/Heskey thing isn't working but I don't really know what the answer is - No point in N'Zogbia down the left as the pitch isn't one for dribbling with the ball.

Warnock and Hutton need to up their game, but that's been said all season so I'm not holding out for it.

Impressed by Guzan, again. We seem to be better defending set pieces since he's been in - would be tempted to keep him in full time.

this is not very pretty to watch, i will take 1-0 if we can end the eye pain now please

Me too, it was never going to be pretty. Get in, get the job done and get out. Away win with a clean sheet would be fantastic.

he wont even try and play football against the joint 4 th worst team in the whole league

Look at the pitch. We played the ball on the ground and it just bubbles.

I cannot believe some are so desperate for reasons to be cheerful that they think this peformance is "good".

We spent the first 20 minutes trying to out hoof a league 2 side, had an outbreak of football for the goal, the resorted back to type. 3 million a year for that, seriously?

Ireland and Albrighton are providing what little quality we have, Heskey appears to have found his level but considering who we are playing, I would expect more.

The pitch is awful tho.

No one is going to be playing free flowing short passing one touch football on a pitch like this.

The less said about Warnock's shot the better but he had an overall decent half. A few aimless hoofs and bad play but around the 30 minute mark he played 2 balls that could have resulted in goals. One to Albrighton that resulted in a cross. And one to Bent, which if Bent hadn't messed up his control should have resulted in a goal.

Overall we've not been troubled but haven't really created many clear cut chances. I though our best chances came when we had the ball on the ground in the final third and we tried through balls and clever play. If we can do that a bit more and get Bent to give a **** we should trash them.

And hopefully we see some youngsters getting a run out in the second half.

Looks like Martinez did not have what was needed to win against Swindon. The lower league teams are really up for it in these FA cup ties.
Agreed, but I think Swindon are a tier above Rovers. I was really impressed with them earlier. There was a period of about 5-10 minutes in the first half when they kept possession well and put about 6 lethal crosses into Wigan's box from both sides, the last of which produced their equaliser.

I am happy we're not playing them right now.

Think we've been poor. Formation is all wrong and all we've trying to do is playing through balls between the gaps and 80% of the time its not working. It's say it all about our football when a league two side have probably passed it round better. The only difference is we've had the killer ball on a couple of occasions.

Heskey has done ok as we've used him properly, Bent :lol: may as well not play as usual, we keep ignoring him. Other than that Albrighton has done well, as has Ireland (when given the ball!!!), but there is absolutley no balance to this team as usual and we should be thankful its Bristol Rovers tonight. Imo we're pretty much playing as bad as we did v Swansea.

Hopefully we improve in the second half, I'm happy we're being professional but I'm a bit wary given how careless we are.

this is not very pretty to watch, i will take 1-0 if we can end the eye pain now please

Me too, it was never going to be pretty. Get in, get the job done and get out. Away win with a clean sheet would be fantastic.

I agree. Anyone that was expecting us to pass it about on that pitch really needs to reflect on how they view the game. It was never going to be pretty.

It's a potato field. I fail to see how the lack of Messi-esque skills is really a factor today. It's all about being simply getting the job done as efficiently as possible.

Really not a terrible half so far, given our past record v lower leagues. Rovers are up for it understandably but after a few minutes we picked up, put some pressure on and scored. Another couple of goals in the second half and we'll have had a very satisfactory game. Bent is a total waste and marc could do with some better touches, goal aside, odd tho that may sound! Guzan came for a ball quite commandingly at one point, good. W warnock is decent tho again, better final touch please! He'skey is fine, as is stan and Ireland.

Look at the pitch. We played the ball on the ground and it just bubbles.

I watch my kids and any number of sunday league sides try to play football on similar pitches every weekend. These guys are paid to play!

Every week there are those that find excuses for these performances, its endlless.

The pitch condition was First Division standard back when i was watching as a child in the late sixties. We're spoiled..Bodymore is great but maybe Villa should have a crappy Conference type of pitch to practice on from time to time...