• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Bent (for N'Zogbia 78)
    • Gardner (for Albrighton 78)
    • Bannan (for Petrov 84)

For someone who never grew up as a villa fan, like Gabby & Marc Albrighton.... stan Petrov is special

HE HURTS WHEN WE HURT

He is one of the few real genuine players.

I tip my hat to him.

ps This guy is a top guy on and off the field.

Chuffed to bits, Ireland MOM for me - but Petrov comes close too. Our midfield stole the ball of chelsea's so many times today that I couldn't believe it. Ireland in form? Yes please. He's got an eye for a pass that we have lacked sorely for almost three seasons now.

Onwards and upwards!

PS: HAHA Terry, who got tired? You my ironic friend.

I like Ireland, but everyone needs to calm down about trying to stick it to people who have complained about him. He needs to keep it up, no good if he just has a stormer once every year and a half.

Must beat Swansea to try push on. Would like to see Gabby play wide wing instead of Albrighton and Bent back up front. Just do them with pace.

So many excellent performances, but motm has to go to Ireland. As I said in the match thread, glad he got the goal rather than the prentaly and Terry sending off just to give him the confidence boost. Hopefully this is the start of a good patch for him and we can really see what he can do in a Villa shirt. Great form Petrov appearing in so much space, and nice on Bent for wrapping it up (again a perfect pass by Ireland when he could have risked the shot himself).

Excellent, delighted with that.

But you know what? If somebody offered me a swap of McLeish for Villas-Boas, I'd take it.

Not sure about AVB to be honest, he needs the balls to get shot of Terry, Lampard & Drogba, not sure he's in control of that club

Excellent, delighted with that.

But you know what? If somebody offered me a swap of McLeish for Villas-Boas, I'd take it.

I think most of us would to be honest but I'll give McLeish huge credit for our victory today and of course Stephen Ireland (both of whom I've given loads of stick).

A fantastic end to the year and given how many miserable moments we Villa fans have had in the past year we should just try and enjoy these moments (not a dig at you mjmooney, you're obviously delighted as well :)).

Just heard AVB interview saying that we are a tremendously dangerous team on the counter attack.

I think my one critiscsm of McLeish is that he hasn't played to our strengths so far until the last couple of games.

PACE and hitting teams on the break is one of THE biggest weapons we possess. No defender likes speedy players like Gabby running at them

with the ball NOR do they enjoy being moved around the pitch out of position with lightning quick interplay.

We did both very effectively today.... Long may it continue!

Oh, thanks Lampard for setting Ireland off for the final goal.

The expressions on his and Terry's face when they both realise Bent's bagged the third goal are absolutely priceless!

Not gloating though... we need to keep it up on Monday against Swansea.

Oh, thanks Lampard for setting Ireland off for the final goal.

It was a quality pass. Just before Petrov scored we had two really good shouts for a penalty, the bizarre booking of Cuellar among others showed how poor Mark Halsay was today. Luckily, it didn't cost us.

Also, when Ireland passed to Bent for the 3rd, was that not offside ??

No. Bent was behind Ireland when he played the ball to him.

The law covering offside makes no reference to whether a player is "behind" when the ball is played.

I didn't think it was offside at the time, so I guess I'd need to see it again.

Yes it does.

As there is only one player (the keeper) between Bent and the goal and he is in the opposition half (obviously), he needs to be either level with or behind the ball when it is played to be considered "onside".

i have been a fierce critic of mcleish lately but i will give a huge amount of credit today, tactics were superb. he got dunney playing like he was was in his first 6 months for us.

ireland was absolutely sensational and thats the kind of performance we have been waiting for. if he can do that against chelsea then i believe there is alot more to come from him. the midfield since clark has come in has improved dramtically. ireland and nzogbia linked up superbly something i

have been saying would happen if mcleish gave it a chance.

if mcleish dumps that negative crap and starts playing to our strengths it wont be long until he wins me back over as well as the rest of us fans.

happy new year all UTV

:D

Â