Habib Beye (left AVFC by Mutual Consent)

VillaRoy

Good move. Its gets him in the shop window. Interesting way Doncaster are operating at the minute, they are getting players in on loan not playing much of a wage and putting them in the shop window for clubs and if what I remember is correct get themself a fee if they get sold on.

how did beye a good player at Olympique Marseille half decent player at newcastle end up been tripe for us ?

Balaban, Collymore, & Ireland to name a few. Also players that leave tend to improve massively in average performance once they get out of VP. Ashley Young for one, loads better for for the next club.

but I'm sure the guy just wants to play first team football before the end of his career

He's another Winston Bogarde. He'd be here until his 40th birthday, if the contract was long enough, picking up his inflated wage.

He's another Winston Bogarde. He'd be here until his 40th birthday, if the contract was long enough, picking up his inflated wage.

cant really blame him as if i had a job paying me ridiculous salary to do **** all id be an idiot to say No

cant really blame him as if i had a job paying me ridiculous salary to do **** all id be an idiot to say No

I was highlighting the point about him wanting to play first team football before the end of his career. I don't think he cares about that.

Good move. Its gets him in the shop window. Interesting way Doncaster are operating at the minute, they are getting players in on loan not playing much of a wage and putting them in the shop window for clubs and if what I remember is correct get themself a fee if they get sold on.

Pretty certain that its Mckay who gets the cut Jimbo. Doncaster have him on a contract of £100 a week that he doesnt even invoice them for. Deal is that Donny get good players coming in and move up the table.

He openly admitted in a paper that he using Donny to make a small fortune.

Sorry not sure I follow that, he gets a cut of whatever fee we get for him regardless of who we sell him to?

Yep!!

Basically going round clubs (mainly abroad actually) trying to get deadwood in the shop window -

Donny get a player they really shouldnt be entitled to

The Selling club get the player (possible trouble maker) away from the club and pay less (albeit small amount less) wages and in the shop window.

Mckay gets a cut of what the selling clubs transfer fee (or so I believe so as I read with regards to Ilunga).

Basically without Willie Mckay being involved with Doncaster - this deal wouldnt happen - Hence the reward for him.

But that literally makes no sense at all.

Lets say Beye is on 30k a week, you say Donnie aren't contributing more than 2k a week towards that so we are still paying 28k wages.

We then have to give him a % of whatever fee we get when we sell the player whoever we sell him too. It would seem likely that the % owed to McKay would equate to more than the 2k a week for the duration of the loan agreement therefore this simply makes no economic sense for the owning club.

We would be better off loaning Beye to a club and continuing to pay 100% of the wages and then take 100% of any fee we are able to get for selling him.

If we've entered into a deal on this basis with Beye with Donnie and McKay then we as a club are being run by people inacapable of using a calculator.

Lets say Beye is on 30k a week, you say Donnie aren't contributing more than 2k a week towards that so we are still paying 28k wages.

We then have to give him a % of whatever fee we get when we sell the player whoever we sell him too. It would seem likely that the % owed to McKay would equate to more than the 2k a week for the duration of the loan agreement therefore this simply makes no economic sense for the owning club.

We would be better off loaning Beye to a club and continuing to pay 100% of the wages and then take 100% of any fee we are able to get for selling him.

If we've entered into a deal on this basis with Beye with Donnie and McKay then we as a club are being run by people inacapable of using a calculator.

No, I agree, Im far from happy that theres a possibility we could be dealing with Willie Mckay.

I suppose the positive for us is the length of the loan (which you wudnt get elsewhere) which means he could go in Jan and we save money (beyes wages in long run) that way.

No, I agree, Im far from happy that theres a possibility we could be dealing with Willie Mckay.

I suppose the positive for us is the length of the loan (which you wudnt get elsewhere) which means he could go in Jan and we save money (beyes wages in long run) that way.

Lets not forget, there is unlikely to be any fee for Beye, no one is going to buy him. We will be paying him to leave where ever he goes due to his high wages and no doubt loyalty bonus he will be due at the end of his contract.

McKay is probably getting a proportion of his signing on fee.

Lets not forget as well, he had the option to go on loan to Ipswich last season but turned it down, so it's most likely only because of McKay that he is even going on loan.

Â